19 years of Quality Assurance Lead/Management experience. Demonstrated the ability to motivate and direct a large group of employees to produce optimum results in areas of technical operations readiness, application/infrastructure deployment, capacity management, quality assurance, production support and customer service.
- People Leader
- HP ALM Testing Tool
- Waterfall and Agile Methodology
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance Standards (i.e., IEEE/ANSI, ISO 9000, 9001, 2000, ISO 20000)
- Expertise in SDLC processes
- Expertise in Change Management
- Expertise in Capacity Management - TCS, NIIT, PWC, Ernst Young, Deloitte, etc.
- Facilitation and negotiation skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Root Cause analysis
- Project Management
- Test Strategy expertise
- Capacity Management expertise
- PC Skills - Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel, Project
Confidential, Columbus, GA
IT Quality Assurance Manager/Resource Capacity Planner
- Developed and managed vendor relations/resource needs by meeting with resource/delivery managers to discuss project scope, timeline, cost center, resource skill sets, etc.
- Maintained Capacity/Vendor Resource Spreadsheet
- Coordinated QA manual and automation testing for Confidential environments monthly patches, refresh, and enterprise level upgrades.
- Designed and implemented Master Test Plan template needing my approval before deploying to production.
- Designed and implemented HP ALM generated report for each elevation into production whereby Product Owner or Service Delivery Lead and QA Manager approved before deploying to production.
- Assisted Audit Manager with creation/update of Quality Assurance SOP.
- Agile Coaching while making sure change and release process was followed
- Increased departmental efficiency with improved reporting providing a complete and precise view of each projects status.
- Provided key data analysis for multiple process improvements as it pertains to quality software.
- People Lead for 11 FTE's and dotted line reporting for 75 on-shore and 125 off-shore QA contractors. Survey results from my FTE resources was excellent.
- Time approval of all employees and contractors.
- Administrator of CASE (elevation ticketing) tool as it pertains to approval rights.
- Guided QA Leads in overcoming operational problems that may jeopardize quality and delivery by implementing process improvements as it relates to requirements, test plan, test execution and reporting.
- Established key process indicators (KPI's) and implement preventive and corrective actions to eliminate the root causes of poor quality and delivery.
- Assisted in a highly successful Quality Assurance department that consistently exceeded stretch goals for all quality metrics.
- Tracked and reported quality metrics for the department in a clear and concise manner to upper leadership to use for performance reviews and bonus.
- Developed and managed vendor relations as related to quality assurance requirements.
- Developed processes, policies and procedures for other areas within the department resulting in integrating production and quality assurance processes. Train department personnel on those processes, policies and procedures.
- Updated Access Manager software designating 'maintain/revoke' access to certain applications for FTE and contracting resources.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Senior Quality Analyst/Manager
- QA Project Owner representing and reporting Master Test Plan and Test Summary Results for entire project including matrix teams in Baseline Review Board, Architectural Review Board and Internal Review Board (IRB). IRB approval from Architectural Chairman, functional and non-functional inspectors was required before elevating to production.
- Strong Project Management skills including project plans, issues list and mitigation of risks.
- Improved operational process
- Updated QAS Project Status database with weekly project information for QA's leadership reporting.
- Delivered projects on time and with high or medium defects.
- Setup and conducted daily defect meetings with the business, developers, project manager, deployment, etc. while ensuring the accuracy of defect information and report accurate root cause of each defect.
- Made accurate decisions regarding testing timelines based on requirements, quality of software and resources available.
- Coordinated Performance, Automation, Accountability testing, Vault balancing and settlement as well as Security and Networking with appropriate team members.
- Worked with developers, managers, business partners and the environment teams daily to quickly and accurately resolve defects.
- Review and approve all build change requests before deploying to the QA environments.
- Created QSI (environment team) change requests for store boxes, registers, web terms, SCO lanes, IOS and Android devices, printers, etc. in advance to make sure they were available for shakeout of the base code before elevation enhancements.
- Attended QSI's Equipment Needs meetings.
- Reviewed/Approved 'Point of Sale - Weekly Report' slides for my assigned projects; used by leadership for Cross Functional weekly meeting.
- 2013 received Bronze Homer Award for four different projects in one year.
- 100% projects delivered on time
- Primary database - IBM Informix running on UNIX servers
- Oracle 11g release 2 Enterprise Edition database for data warehousing
- Store ISPs running on Dell servers and Linux operating systems, Version 2.6.9-100
- SharePoint Linux operating systems running in a Dell server and Microsoft SQL server database
- Registers, web terms, self-checkout lanes, etc. used Win7; server Microsoft windows