- Macintosh Xcode 4.x (especially iOS SDK components and Instruments), Eclipse (especially Android SDK, tools, and Robotium methods).
- Extensive experience in Hudson/Jenkins continuous integration environment tools and practices.
- Extensive experience in Agile/Scrum methodology for software development; specifically using Atlassian web tools to that effect.
- Experience writing, reading, and modifying SQL statements (Inserts & Queries especially) using Oracle Thin Client and DB Visualizer using multiple ODBC’s at once.
- Automation with Selenium harness for browsers and Appium for mobile devices; SME with Python scripting, especially in conjunction with Sikuli automation API (machine vision UX automationtests).
- Windows 9.x, NT, XP, 2000, Vista, OSX, Ubuntu (Linux), Confidential Macintosh OSX, CLI - fluent in basic Linux/UNIX environments, Silicon Graphics IRIX legacy platform is an old sentimental favorite. printers, scanners, digital cameras, wi-fi routers, 3G access points, laptops, proprietary smartphones, Windows Mobile devices.
- Extensive experience with Confidential printers, especially Photosmart All-in-One series and their associated software and drivers. Experience over ten years to various iterations of Printer Control Language (PCL) environments.
Confidential, Santa Monica, CA
Senior QA Automation Engineer
- Quality/customer satisfaction of Regal iOS product led to promotion as principal QA engineer for native Confidential iOS Times and Ticketing app; an application used by millions of users every month and regarded as Confidential ’s flagship user experience.
- Using Sikuli API/Python/unittest stack, wrote and maintained complete user UI/UX acceptance test suite for Confidential Times and Ticketing iOS application. Test suite excercised all application features including buying tickets, creating user accounts, watching videos, and writing movie reviews - all with no manual interaction.
- Integrated test framework with Jenkins CI and Xcode for complete push-button build/acceptance/release (via TestFlight) flow for the iOS Confidential Times and Ticketing application.
- Principal mobile QA engineer for validating several SDK implementation/swaps in iOS Confidential Times and Ticketing app including Omniture Analytics and several ad-vendor SDK’s (AdMarvel, Google Ads).
- Worked in confidence directly with Confidential on several occasions integrating key iOS features into Confidential Times and Ticketing app - including Siri movie-discovery and Passport - before public disclosure/release of said iOS features.
- Success of iOS Team’s processes led to iOS Team development flow used as internal template for other Confidential groups as part of internal initiative transitioning into Agile methodologies.
- Extended test framework developed for iOS native app into full test suite for Confidential mobile website (mobile. Confidential .com); at that time provided by 3 rd party vendor.
- Extended test framework developed for mobile. Confidential .com into user-acceptance/validation for mobile partner sites using Confidential ticketing API, but which Confidential had no control/input over. Partner sites included imdb.com, moviefone.com, msn.com, and Yahoo
- Principal QA on year-long transition of mobile. Confidential .com from 3 rd party vendor to internal- developed and maintained mobile web app using modern js stack hosted from the cloud (AWS).
- Excellent general exposure and experience in a major internet business transitioning from legacy (monolithic releases, physical servers, .NET) to modern technologies (push-button releases/testing, hosted VM/ pools in the cloud, open-source .js).
- Excellent general exposure to complex business relationships of modern movie making and distribution that exists between principals (producers), studios, media/marketers, and exhibitors.
Confidential, Santa Monica, CA
Mobile Q/A Engineer - Mobile Software Q/A Engineer - Test Lead
- Mobile QA engineer for Confidential applications on iOS and Android platforms.
- Also tested Confidential .com website experience against all major browsers (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome) across mainstream consumer OS versions (Windows & Mac OSX).
- Worked with Continuous Integration environment (Hudson/Jenkins) in building and starting dozens of individual web services and components on Confidential .com
- Managed/verified website features going live in real-time on Confidential .com working in conjunction with both developers and Release Engineer.
- Developed automation technology for iPad Confidential application running on Confidential Xcode host Simulator; from user-account creation through firing all application POST events via completely automated Sikuli/Python machine-vision IDE.
- Excellent exposure and experience with social media apps including Facebook App and Facebook Connect API’s for both mobile application and desktop website environments.
- Comfortable working in open-source Continuous Integration environments such as Hudson/Jenkins to build and release-control web platforms.
- Acquired extensive command line/BASH experience in emergent GITHUB version control system (github.com).
- Excellent working knowledge of both Pivotal.com and Atlassian Project Management (JIRA) software tools and systems with a focus on Agile processes.
- Extensive exposure to and use of Business Intelligence platforms including Google Analytics, Flurry.com, and Site Catalyst/Omniture (especially Omniture).
Confidential Boise, ID
Software Q/A Engineer - Mobile Software Q/A Engineer - Test Lead
- Mobile QA engineer for several projects, primarily Confidential mobile applications then emerging for both iOS and Android platforms.
- Worked at SDET level with both iOS and Android software development environments. New skill sets absorbed in this effort include Eclipse SDK + Android SDK, Android ADB tools, Robotium Android test automation classes proprietary to controlling Android UI-on-device.
Confidential, Boise, ID
Software Q/A Engineer - Senior Software Q/A Engineer - Test Lead
- Test lead of team that conducted six week testing/competitive analysis contract onsite at Confidential in Round Rock, TX. This was the first business engagement between Confidential . Confidential acquired more testing business from Confidential directly as a result of our efforts during the onsite engagement and subsequent reporting.
- Conducted two year on-site engagement at Confidential ’San Diego, CA campus on behalf of their Imaging and Printing Group as Senior Test Engineer, Software/Hardware Integration. Worked in environment directly integrated with developers on printer firmware, imaging applications and drivers utilizing .NET, C#, HTML, and Java in a Visual Studio developer environment. Was responsible for developing and deploying test scripts on a LAMP database for utilization by our test/development team in China to enable high- volume 24-hour test cycles for the client.
Confidential, Boise, ID
Customer Technical Support Representative
- Worked in technical support capacity on behalf of Confidential for their consumer imaging division. Supported and solved numerous technical problems relating to installing and using advanced consumer technologies in a wide variety of environments with non-technical users.
- Created many technical support documents that explained the intricacies of imaging technology terms and concepts that could be easily comprehended by the layperson. Many of these documents are still in use today on Confidential current website for technical support.
Confidential, Boise, ID
- Sold to and trained customers in the use of commercial imaging applications from Autodesk, Inc. Software packages specialized in included AutoCAD, MechDesktop, and 3d Studio (VIZ and MAX).
- Constructed and supported computers which were at the time state-of-the-art, including Integraph x86, Silicon Graphics MIPS, and Sun Micro SPARC platforms. Acquired good working knowledge of UNIX operating environments proprietary to the respective manufacturers (IRIX for Silicon Graphics, some Solaris for Sun).