Experienced in Networking and Quality Assurance testing. Results oriented professional with a proven track record in analysis and problem solving. Excellent analytical and technical skills. Flexible and able to adapt quickly to change. Experience in network routing, switching protocols and wireless technology.
Confidential, Portsmouth, NH
Senior Quality Assurance and Support Engineer
- Provided technical assistance center customer support for Brocade networks as an Elbrys contract worker. Also did setup, configuration and QA testing of Tallac wireless access points and their cloud management service.
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
- Configure, setup, and ran a large network of routers and switches running multiple routing and switching network protocols under heavy network loads to stress test switch software on HP switches. Continually changing tests and network configuration as new features were developed or as new switches were introduced.
- Work closely with HP software developers debugging switch crashes and testing special builds to validate bug fixes.
- Document the test network using Visio and keep lab configuration notes up to date as changes occur for better network management and troubleshooting, also document switch configurations and test procedures.
- Developed, documented, and maintained test plans.
- Executed test cases and tracked quality metrics.
Confidential, Portsmouth, NH
Quality Assurance Engineer
- Created one of the first software stress environments for switch testing that HP had.
- Responsible for testing new products and features for HP Procurve network switches and routers.
- This included setting up traffic for both level 2 & level 3 testing.
- Tested features included; OSPF, BGP, DHCP, SNMP, QOS, Port Security, SSH, 802.1x & MAC Authentication.
- Also, Meshing, Spanning Tree, POE, Static Routing, and VLAN’s.
- Test equipment & Software used included; IXIA, Wireshark, HP Openview Network Node Manager, MIB tools, Digi - PortServers, and APC remote power supplies.
Quality Assurance Software Engineer
- Test new functionality developed for the SPECTRUM network management software application.
- Create test plans to test and troubleshoot the operation of newly developed software to ensure proper design.
- Work directly with the software engineers to setup network configurations that will test and troubleshoot their software code.
- Test newly developed patches to ensure proper operation and bug fixes.
Integration SERVICES LAB MANAGER / SOFTWARE SUPPORT ENGINEER
- Setup multi-vendor network configurations using Frame Relay, Vlans, MPLST1, Packet over Sonet, WAN, ISDN, BGP, OSPF, ATM, Wireless and SNMPv3 on network hardware.
- Support the engineering departments of 150 software developers with Microsoft and Solaris operating system and applications, support installs and upgrades to PC/Unix hardware.
- Troubleshoot hardware networking problems.
- Provide support for integration testing of SPECTRUM software and applicable Management Modules.
- Maintain and enhance the internal network lab web site.
- Expanded and maintain the network simulation database and provided simulation services to all development groups.
- Created Visio diagrams of the complex network configurations existing in the hardware lab to assist the development and QA engineers in utilizing the network.
- Provide network configurations to the Aprisma Product/Technical support group to recreate customer network scenarios for troubleshooting and testing of the SPECTRUM network management application.
- Maintained an inventory database of all network equipment, lab devices, PC and Unix workstations for the engineering departments.
- Knowledge of SNMP network management principles as well as the function of routers, switches, and repeaters.
- Install hardware and firmware updates to network equipment as needed.
PC/UNIX Support Technician
- Support software and hardware requirements for the Aprisma software development Confidential . facility. Install, upgrade, configure and troubleshoot software and hardware for NT and Unix systems supporting 300 users, including installing and maintaining operating systems and application software from Microsoft, Solaris and HP.
- Assisted system administrator with general administrative tasks including IP addresses, user accounts, and server maintenance.