- Proficient in applying Quality Assurance principles, industry standards (RUP, CMM), Methodologies (STLC, SDLC) and software testing methodologies (Waterfall, Iterative - RAD, RUP, Agile) from initial vision to final release.
- Experience in Boundary Value Testing, Equivalence Class testing, Decision Table Based Testing, Retrospective on Functional Testing and Path Testing, Data Flow Testing, Retrospective on Structural Testing.
- Excellent skills in reviewing the functional and non-functional specifications which are to be included in the project/release.
- Proven experience in using testing software including Mercury Test Director, Mercury Quality Center and Quick Test Pro (QTP).
- Expert in management reporting using Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) and Regular Status Report.
- Project management skills with experience in developing and managing projects that includes creating inclusive project budget and schedule.
- Proficient in MS Project especially in the area of MS Visio, MS SharePoint, MS Outlook.
- Proficient in creating and managing the Test Planning, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Test Execution, Traceability Matrix, Risk Management, and Test Summary Report.
- Excellent skills in developing Test Cases, Test Scripts and Test Scenarios from business, technical and functional requirement documents using Test Director and Quality Center.
- Skills in gathering, organizing and documenting Requirements in Business Requirement and Process Documents.
Operating Systems: Windows 7/XP, UNIX, Linux, Ubuntu
Programming/Scripting: C++, VB6, VB.Net, C#, MySQL, XML
Software Development Tools: Visual Studio, Eclipse, IBM Rational Rose, Clear Case, Perforce
Database Management: SQL, MS Access
Defect Reporting Tools: Quality center 9.0, JIRA, Rational Clear Quest, Bugzilla
Financial Applications: Bloomberg, Reuters, First Call, Market Guide, Dow Jones
MSOffice Suite: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project
Confidential, Waltham, MA
SQA Engineering Staff / Applications Analyst
- Analyzed and wrote test plan in accordance with business requirements.
- Performed Functionality testing, System testing, Integration testing, Regression testing and Performance testing using rational functional tester and RPT.
- Interfaced with developers and communicated s in resolving technical issues and investigating the bugs in the application.
- Reported the status of the metrics and defects to the management on quarterly basis.
- Composed all the necessary documents like Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test cases and User Documentation.
- Initiated development of automated test scripts for functional testing of the application using QTP.
- Involved in meetings with offshore team to get the update from offshore team work and allocated the work to team on daily based.
- Executed the test cases and analyzed the test results using Win Runner.
- Performed Functionality, Database, Black Box, Unit testing, Integration, System and Regression Testing.
- Attended Client / User meetings and conferences to gather, modify and enhance Business requirements.
- Maintained and managed Workflows for each Workgroup, in regards to ongoing projects.
- Applied Microsoft Excel to calculate Planned vs. Actual “Spend” in Business and Systems, relating to the Business Channels (units) and its sponsors.
- Monitored status of compliance team ensuring all testing was completed and s obtained prior to launch of the project.
- Planned and managed system tests effort and tracked status of testing ensuring quality launch.
Confidential, Norwood, MA
- Scope of responsibilities included performance verification and software enhancements of multiple ATE (Automated Test Equipment) Systems of various sizes and complexities; and support the organization’s mission of efficient and uninterrupted level of service to its clients.
- Used CPK analysis on ATE System data to evaluate performance of the diagnostic software and successfully met the offshore production requirements.
- Managed the Defect Tracking process, which included prioritizing bugs, assigning bugs, and verifying bug-fixes, using JIRA.
- Analyzed, documented and maintained Test Results and Test Logs.
- Participated in daily and monthly financial reporting duties. The reporting is based on Utilization and Compliance analysis of every temp and full time employees’ output in Solutions Delivery. Overall, the Resource Pool performance is accounted for, and the efficient use of funds in respective projects.
- All the projects had majority of development teams located offshore, and coordinating their activities, deliverables and status meetings are part of the responsibilities.
- Made enhancements to Business Requirement Document, in terms of High Level Requirements, Exception Reports, Process, Workflow and Mockups.
- Took Charge of documentation including action items, issues, dependencies and risks concerning multiple projects.