14+ years’ IT and healthcare leadership and consulting experience. Valued subject matter expert providing. The fire in my belly drives high performance results — transformed agency processes, secure systems, and organizational and personnel change in healthcare. Track record for positively impacting healthcare operations in areas of training; clinical services, EMR, EDI/HL7, policy, and back - office administration. Ideally suited to senior-level opportunities in healthcare information technology.
Healthcare Informatics Information Assurance System Transformation Big Data Analytics Software Engineering Strategic Planning
Confidential, Bethesda, MA
Senior Information Systems Manager
- Credited with introducing the solutions that improved clinical administration, increased productivity, and optimized accounting processes across all facilities.
- Used Arthur Anderson’s Project Management methodology. Gathered the IT requirements for all clinical, accounting, and administrative functions and developed a 3-year strategic plan - new systems included best-in-class solutions for accounting (GL, A/R, A/P), e-commerce, electronic medical record Health Level 7 (HL7), and electronic data interface (EDI) for health insurance billing.
- Evaluated, purchased, and introduced emerging technologies such as voice recognition software and optical storage of patient documentation that enabled clinical staff to save time and improve delivery of clinical care.
- Worked directly with 3rd-party national reimbursement programs including Medicare and Medicaid - coordinated with fiscal intermediaries and carriers to facilitate accurate billing and claims processing. Conducted live product testing and training (EDI submission) during systems remediation and HIPAA transactions testing.
- Experienced with benefits coding: Medicare Part A, Medicare Part B, Medicaid, Medicare supplements Deductibles, and Co-insurance.
- Trained medical and administrative staff on enterprise computer system for billing, reconciliation, claims transmission, and electronic medical record (EMR) system.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Senior Healthcare Analyst
- Enabled HMO to increase its competitiveness and increase revenues by 1) automating nine new managed care benefit plans offered to the public and employer groups and 2) supporting a new joint- venture dental HMO.
- Recognized for conducting a needs assessment, including time-motion study, to improve the existing billing system - prepared Yourdon data flow diagrams and evaluated 3rd-party project scheduling software.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Administrator, Health Information Systems
- Upgraded the quality and usability of utilization and patient discharge data to allow local regulatory bodies to better allocate hospital services across 45 local hospitals.
- Implemented new system which further enabled all 45 hospitals to more effectively plan individual business strategies in a highly competitive environment.
- Used project management tools (MS Project, Lotus 1-2-3) to facilitate scheduling and budgeting.
Confidential, Annandale, VA
Senior Healthcare Consultant
- Benchmarked the best management practices of 1) 10+ nationwide ambulatory clinics and 2) 5 Medicare State Survey Agencies.
- Collected data from Medicare State Survey Agencies, nearly 1000 hospitals, and 10+ ambulatory clinics.
- Evaluated statistical methods and procedures used to ensure data validity, applicability efficiency, and accuracy.
- Evaluated sources of information to determine reliability and usability limitations of data.
- Developed reports, graphs, presentations in meaningful business terms to diverse audience.
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
Senior Process Infrastructure Manager / Senior Enterprise Engineer
- Drove and transformed process engineering and excellence across the Confidential -based 225 person Confidential Program that managed the internal and external systems and infrastructure for all Joint Staff customer services
- Lead the Process Group which served as the focal point for defining, maintaining, and improving Confidential ’s processes, based on ITIL and PMBOK.
- Frequent meetings with all levels of personnel ranging from flag officers, enlisted personnel, multiple contractors and all levels of their personnel.
- Tracked critical infrastructure processes across the Confidential Teams (e.g., server, network messaging, information assurance, knowledge engineering, service desk, configuration management).
- Supported the development of the Information Assurance (IA) program at both the United States
- Assisted building service-based model (ITIL) allowing measurement by service to provide visibility to program and infrastructure performance, improve alignment with Confidential business needs, and continuous improvements. Planned consolidation of reporting tools to AppBoards, SharePoint, BMC Analytics.
- Analyzed software development processes, ensured compliance with SDLC and Confidential guidelines, and implemented best practices based on established development methodologies including Six Sigma, Confidential and IBM’s Rational Unified Process (RUP). Performed extensive writing, used MS Project and Earned
- Value Management(EVM). Collected and analyzed metrics; recommended, implemented, and measured process improvements.
- Performed IV&V audits of all SDLC phases of technology projects for USPTO, ED, and OPM. Analyzed traceability of requirements to design, design, management and quality procedures, adequacy of testing migration, and post-implementation