- Proven development experience and understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in waterfall and agile environments with Object Oriented languages.
- Experienced in the Quality Assurance (QA) process and methodology; testing of client server, mobile, and web - based technologies; strong manual testing, skills in automated testing.
- Detailed expertise in eliciting and reviewing requirements and software specifications to develop Test Plans, Testing Strategies. Test Scenarios, and Test Cases.
- Extensive experience performing and leading various types of testing to include: System Testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Graphical User Interface Testing, Black Box Testing, Regression Testing, Load Testing, Usability and Stress Testing.
- Proficient in backend testing including writing Structured Query Language queries (SQL) for testing data integrity and validating business rules.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability and drive to work with diverse groups of people; love working in team environment, but also have the drive and ability to succeed working independently.
Languages: Visual Basic, Visual Basic for Access, C++, Cobol, Java
Rqmt./Defect/Test Mgmt. Tools: DOORS, SPIRA Test, MS Team Foundation Server Test Manager, Jira, Bugzilla
RDMS: Oracle, TOAD, SQL Server, Scripting Languages (T-SQL, PL/SQL)
Other Applications: Excel, Visio, Word, Power Point, Share Point, FTP
Lead Quality Assurance Analyst
- Identify, Plan and organize testing deliverables, testing efforts, and beginning test efforts on new $100 Million Dollar Revenue “Core System Replacement Project” (CSR)
- Aid in identify requirements and derive test cases for Point of Sale transactions regarding “outward facing” interfaces for agency programs that accept public payments for CSR project.
- Review, test, and document potential “Test Management” tools to use for software Test Case Management and overall test management reporting tools for CSR Project.
- Mentor Junior Level Business Testers in test process and testing tools as well as identify skill strengths, weaknesses and gaps in training.
- Manage test activities through the SDLC/QA process; identify potential resource allocations, risks, and constraints as they impact testing the projects.
- Responsible for testing artifacts such as test plan, test strategies, test metrics, testing scenarios and other test documentation that will be needed for testing process.
- Lead testing efforts on core agency software, record and disseminate results; manage and track defects and their resolutions.
- Provide accurate estimates for planning of testing work; provide test metrics for management.
- Responsive web design testing on mobile applications; exposure to mobile testing techniques, tools, and platforms.
Assistant Lead Quality Assurance Analyst
- Analyze software requirements and design documentation to create test cases to validate business rules and performance measurements.
- Effective planning and testing of Point of Sales systems including peripherals such as bar code scanners, card readers, printers, and related software.
- Aid in leading User Acceptance Test sessions, assign test case blocks to users, monitor UAT sessions, provide aid to users, and document results. Reassign test code blocks as needed for re-testing. Help users effectively document defects.
- Effectively communicate, document, and validate software defects across all departments.
- Coordinate Quality Assurance oversight of vendor developed solutions; worked with Vendors on root cause analysis of defects to ensure proper enforcement of business rules, Oregon Revised Rule and Statute and clear understanding of user needs.
- Clearly documented program testing defects, oversaw re-testing efforts, and worked defects through to resolution.
Systems Test Analyst
- Write detailed test cases, test plan and testing strategies for all software products developed for user group supported and lead testing efforts on user acceptance testing.
- Document discovery of system anomalies and defects in tracking tool; work with users, development staff to resolve issues. Communicate with all levels of staff involvement to ensure defects are fixed, retested, and resolved.
- Lead and record results for all User Acceptance Testing efforts.
- Lead and facilitate design / discovery sessions to flesh out and refine business requirements for “Fiscal Reconciliation” project.
- Collaborate effectively with teammates on key business systems to refine business requirements, initial prototyping, interface design, database design and key data elements.
- Develop workflow, business process, software specification documentation, and other work products based off of discovery of business rules for user acceptance and development and testing of software.