Seeking an influential role where I can apply my leadership, problem solving, analytical, communications, negotiations, people, and process management skills to affect the of my team members and the global success of the organization through a Sr. QA Analyst position.
- I have nearly 6 years experience in QA Analysis/testing/support of Data warehouse, Client Server and Web applications through all phases of the SDLC.
- Good understanding of software application testing methodologies, Business Analysis, Specification Development, Requirements Documentation, System Development Life Cycle, Traceability of requirements, Use case methodology, Basic understanding of Project Management Methodologies (PMM).
- Well versed with Testing Methodologies, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Defect Tracking process, Defect Life Cycle and production implementation process.
- Experienced in Test Design, Test case Development, implementation of Test Plans, writing and executing Test Cases to cover all scenarios, execution of test cases in test director.
- Expertise in Functional Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing, Black Box Tests, User Acceptance Tests and Regression Tests.
- Experience in manual testing in windows and UNIX environments.
- Strong SQL skills, experience with query reporting tools and good understanding of Unix Shell Scripting, Unix commands, VI Editor, FTP protocol etc.
- Good understanding with Automated testing using Quick Test Pro (QTP)
- Ability to carry a project from requirements elicitation through test scenario creation, test plan creation, Data Setup, test execution, defect creation, defect tracking, Resolving the defects.
Databases: Oracle 11g/9i/8i/7.0,Teradata 12, DB2 EE, DB2EEE, MS SQL Server 6.5/7.0/8.0, SQL server 2000, TOAD, SQL Navigator, SQL Developer
Programming: SQL, SQL*Plus, PL/SQL, Unix, Shell Scripting, Web Development, HTML 4.0, Visual Basic 6.0/5.0, XML, ANSI SQL, Transact SQLWeb Server/
Application Server: Java Web Server 1.2, Microsoft Personal Web ServerWeb logic Server5.x/6.x
Environment: HP UX 9000, Linux, Sun Solaris 5.x, Win NT 4.0, MS Windows
Testing/Bug tracking: Test Director 6.x/7.6/8.0, Quality Center 9.0, Quick test Professional 8.2,9.0,9.2,
Others: Visio 5.0, MS Office2000/2010, Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, project).
Financial: General Ledger (GL), Fixed Assets (FA), Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), Purchasing (PO), Quicken, Microsoft Money, Confidential Accounting software, MS Excel
Confidential, Dunwoody, GA
- Performed Black - box testing including Smoke tests, Regression testing, Functional testing and Beta testing.
- Performed web testing including, protocols
- Performed different types of Testing like Browser compatibility, field validation, usability, Security, Interface, performance and stress testing.
- Functionality Testing on Web Application by testing Links, Cookies, HTTP and CSS and Business Flow
- Involved in Batch Reports Testing and Systems Testing.
- Involved in Mobile Apps(smart Apps) Testing with IOS, Android devices, and Mobile Applications
- Tested projects in Agile scrum Methodology.
- Tested projects by using Web service with SOAP UI.
- Developed base line scripts for testing the future releases of the application using Test Complete
- Involved in the Test Execution, Results Analysis and Defect Reporting.
- Coordinated with Business Analysts and Developers to drill down business requirements, customization and testing requirements.
- Involved in all phases and stages of software testing life cycle including end-to-end system testing and business requirements analysis.
- Represented in test team daily status calls during test execution and explained operations/users risks involved in changing the status or priority of the issues.
- Analyzed business requirements, functional specifications and created test scenarios and test cases.
- Performed database testing by writing complex SQL queries for the back end testing in SQL Developer.
- Maintained good communication with all team members in SDLC.
- Coordinating the testing activities with Offsite team members.
Environment: s: ORACLE 11g, .NET, Java 5.x/6.x, COBOL, SQL, SQL Developer, HP 9000, Linux, Test Complete, Soap UI, File Zilla, QC Term, Win SCP, Bug Zilla, Windows7/NT/XP/Vista.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Responsible for testing POS 4.5, 5.0 and 5.1 applications
- Responsible for both system testing and UAT of pos application.
- Involved in the entire system development life cycle for all the assigned projects
- Reviewing system requirements documents and enhancements documents and Involved in writing the Test plan and Test cases in Quality center
- Creation, maintenance and execution of system test cases based on requirements and established business conditions
- Performed both Manual and Automated and Backend Testing on Web Application
- Performed Functionality, Regression and GUI testing using Quick Test pro
- Responsible for automating the entire Transaction check list of the application using Quick Test pro.
- Developed base line scripts for testing the future releases of the application using Quick Test pro
- Extensively used SQL queries for data verification at the backend.
- Tracking, analyzing and documenting the software defects in Test Director.
- Involved in testing special order services (VPOS) in back end on UNIX platform.
- Involved in Hardware testing of coin dispensers and cash drawers in SCO
- Working with project managers, leads, developers, help desk, end users in order to successfully test and implement applications
Environment: Quick Test pro, Quality center, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, Db2, Terra data, AB Initio ETL tool, Toad, AIX UNIX and Windows NT.
- Developing overall test strategy for the data transformation and loading from source system to target.
- Data quality analysis, QA of mapping documents, QA of data mapping rules and transformation rules
- Developing test plans, writing test cases, test scripts based on business requirements, and Mapping documents.
- Analyzing the design documents and requirements, Creating test data for all testing life cycles.
- Verifying data for import and export of data in the application
- Created test data on applications like mortgage loans, car loans, etc.
- Identifying issues/defects for transformations, data quality and making sure to resolve them
- Testing ACH banking transaction.
- Identifying issues/defects with Metadata, data with heavy data transactions.
- Testing of Dimension tables and Fact Tables
- Running of test scripts, test cases in Test director
Project Environment: Quality Centre 9.0(Test Director), IBM AIX 5.2/5.3 ( Unix ) Operating System, Unix Korn shell, Teradata Database V2R6 (Teradata SQL Client, Cognos 8 (query and reporting), Ab Initio ETL tool, Ab Initio Data Profiler, MS Visio, MS Word, Ms Excel, MS Project.
- Involved in review of business requirement, functional design review, technical design review etc.
- Responsible for overall test plan, test strategy to test all the functionalities
- Involved in all phases of test life cycle.
- Created VB scripts in Quick Test Professional Automation testing tool, for regression testing.
- Responsible for reviewing Unit testing results, writing test cases in test director, test execution, reporting percentage of tests completed, number of defects found, number of defects fixed, number of defects/test cases retested etc to the management
- Work with developers, business analysts to analyze the defects, track the defects till it is fixed and promoted to production
Environment: Quality center, UNIX, Sun Solaris, .net, Windows NT, Windows XP, SQL server, SQL, PL/SQL, QTP 8.2
- Involved in analysis and prepare requirements and specifications for Confidential, Enterprise wide accounting software development.
- Tested all accounting applications like GL, Profit/loss, and Balance sheet.
- Assist developers with analysis of defects and modification of applications.
- Work with project team to develop and track project schedules and communicate project status frequently with regular status meetings.
- Effectively manages issues and risks, including those that cross department boundaries. responsible for ensuring that proper QA procedures are followed in project
- Document and implement Testing Policies and Procedures Process
- Developing and executing test plans during integrated program testing (IPT) and quality assurance testing (QAT), and developing and managing user acceptance test plans.
- Creating of traceability matrix documents from business requirements, functional documents, technical design documents, Integrated test plans
- Perform troubleshooting of bugs across the platform to identify if issues are in the code
- Provide actual and forecasted hours on a regular basis.
- Participate in release management, documenting the requirements for the release, enhancements, reviewing the documents with project review boards