- Experienced software Quality Assurance professional with 4+ years of experience working in QA teams for large software projects.
- Extensive knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Waterfall Model, V - Model and Agile Development methodology.
- Skilled in various program testing technologies and current QA methodologies.
- Experienced in Quality Assurance and testing of Client/ Server and Web Applications, Mobile and database applications.
- Extensive experience of manual testing of applications and use of HP Quality Center, Quick Test Pro, Test Director, Load Runner, Rational Test Manager.
- Strong experience in reviewing requirements and design documents and developing Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test cases, Test Scripts and Test metrics.
- Extensive experience in performing different types of testing including System Testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Smoke Testing, GUI Testing, Database Testing and User Acceptance testing.
- Strong experience in automating tests using QTP and modifying the test script code using VB Script.
- Proficient in backend testing including writing SQL queries for testing data integrity and validating business rules .
- Good understanding of Database Management Systems like Oracle and SQL Server.
- Excellent Communication skills with ability to work independently as well as in a team.
Testing Tools: Quality Center 8.x/9.x11, Win Runner 7.x, Test Director, LoadRunner7.x; Test Manager, Jira
CM Tools: MS Visual Source Safe (VSS), IBM Rational Clearcase
Programming: C, C++, Java, Perl, PL-SQL,SAS
RDBMS: SQL Server 2000/2005, MS Access 2000,Oracle
Web/Technologies: HTML/DHTML, XML, VB Script
Web Server Tools: Tomcat, Apache, IIS, Secure Shell (SSH), Telnet
Operating Systems: Windows (7, 8, Vista, XP, 2000, 98), Windows server, MS-DOS, Linux/Unix
Other Tools: MS Office suite, Dreamweaver MX, Flash MX, Photoshop7
Confidential, Somerset, NJ
- Responsible for review of Requirement Analysis and System Design.
- Test Plan and Test case creation, review and execution.
- Environment set up for testing.
- Test data and test accounts creation.
- Used SQL query to test and validate data integrity.
- Performed Agile Methodologies in each phase of Software Testing Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Logging and tracking defects on a release basis using Quality Center.
- Generating load reports for further analysis.
- Performed User Acceptance Test (UAT) on GUI screens to ensure that developers met the user expectations.
- Involved in development of test plan, test schedules, test cases based on high-level and detailed designs.
- Experience as a QA Analyst and responsible for coordinating and performing System Integration, functional and data-related testing.
- Responsible for writing the Test Cases and Test Scenarios based on the Functional Specification and technical Specification and documented in HP Quality Center.
- Automate existing manual test scripts from Quality Center using HP Quick Test Pro.
- Defect reporting and tracking using Quality center.
- Defect report generating for management purpose.
- Coordinating QA activities with off shore testing team.
- Create daily statistics reports for high-level managers to track the alerts generated by these models.
- Monitoring web logs for system level errors.
- Participated in QA Team meetings and weekly QA testing reviews.
- Understanding business’s requirements and mapping them to system requirements specifications.
- Drive the completion and complete alignment of system design from business requirements and Architectural design.
- Incorporating changes/modifications in the project as required. Project status tracking, preparation of check lists as well as conducting basic tests on software’s/ applications.
- Track, drive and coordinate program development activities, per requirements and design, with Business owners, IT PMO, and IT Development teams.
- Generate and implement templates for Test Plan, Test Cases, Business Analysis, Test Defect Log, Test Case Checklist, etc.
- Analyze system requirements and develop detailed Manual Test Plan
- Write Test Cases for Manual Testing from Use Cases
- Trace project requirements to specific testing levels and test cases
- Identify existing project information and the software components that should be tested
- Revise and update Test Cases for testing in each subsequent cycle to reflect the changing business requirements and system studies and coordinating with team members for System Design & development, System Maintenance, etc.
- Responsible for analyzing the requirements and the critical areas of the application to setup and execute baseline tests
- Use Test Director for requirements management, planning, scheduling, running tests and defect