- Knowledgeable, dedicated hands - on Technical Quality Assurance/DevOps professional with over 20 years experience in a Lead or Management position.
- Skilled in the areas of team supervision (onshore and offshore), service training and problem resolution.
- Proactively introduce quality assurance steps, intercepting problems before they happen.
- Recognized for ability to resolve issues and serve as liaison between end-users and developers.
- Committed to uphold QA standards, as key contact, through 24-hour, 7-day a week availability and willingness to travel, providing on-site assistance throughout the U.S.
Non-Proprietary QA Tools: HP Quality Center, QARun, QADirector, TestDirector, Webload, Empower (QA Automation) w Track, DevTrack, Jira (Bug Databases), Testlink
Systems: Experienced in mainframes, minicomputers, microcomputers, servers and peripherals set up and maintenance including: w IBM MVS, Prime and Tandem mainframes w HP9000, Stratus and Pyramid minicomputers w Peripherals (modems, digiboards, scanners), Bytex switches, DOS data drivers, bitstreams, modulators, telecommunications connections and cabling
Routers (wired and wireless), switches, and bridges: OS, Languages and Software w Asterisk, SIP, Mercator, Cold Fusion, Java, Actuate, Novell, SCO Unix, HP Unix, Xenix, Fedora 7-31, Netscape, MS Internet Explorer, DB2, Confidential SQL, Oracle, Sun Solaris, Frame, Basic, Pascal, Python, Siebel, Norton Utilities, PC Tools, Procomm Plus, Mobile, Android, iOS, XML, Microsoft Visual Source Safe, MYSQL, Sendmail,, Apache, Imap, Selenium, Jira, CVS, BSL, CFE, QNXT, VOIP, DLNA Media Servers, Selenium and Shell.
Confidential, Palo Alto, California
- Performed as Interim Manager of Web - based e-commerce applications that was using Cold Fusion, Java, and Actuate software.
- Created and maintained resources and schedules.
- Designed plan for technical and operational set up of QA department as well as integrating QA presence throughout company.
- Mentor junior QA testers.
Confidential, Foster City, California
Senior QA Test Engineer
- Executed test plans for Siebel99 Sales and Service module. Object oriented testing. Opened, verified, closed bug reports.
Confidential, Los Altos Hills, California
- Identified test cases for Confidential project.
- Wrote and executed test plans, Travel to client sites.
- Researched QA simulation software for use in this project.
Confidential, San Mateo, California
QA Project Lead
- Long term assignment in project planning including personnel planning, writing and executing test plans, and developing scripts.
- Point of contact with other departments.
- Tested all software for September release, a major upgrade, and CISC to Confidential project.
Confidential, Redwood City, California
ODS-QA Testing Engineer
- Long - term assignment testing versions 7.14 through 7.23 of Online Dynamic Server (ODS) on Sun systems.
- Worked with developers and developer management.
- Install and configure SE and Online Engines for ODS; configure ODS for networks and data replication.
- Perform blackbox testing with Confidential using Tuxedo, ESQL/C, 4GL, ISQL, ESQL/Cobol, and DB-Access.
- Opened bug reports in database for developers; searched database for pre-existing bugs.
- Ran tests under a ClearCase Atria environment.
Confidential, Redwood City, California
Business Systems QA/Software Engineer
- Sole responsibility for quality assurance testing of all new Confidential software for more than 200 field systems.
- On call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Served as a clearinghouse for all systems - related problems across the United States between Operations and Field Systems Development; followed up internally and with customers to ensure problems are resolved.
- Initiated and developed verification procedures for field scanner equipment at Confidential, initially saving 4000 man-hours and, through continued use, eliminating related delivery errors and assuring uninterrupted service for customers nation-wide.
- Sole QA responsibility for Confidential software submittals' inspection, evaluation and troubleshooting.
- Key participant in all planning meetings, serving as liaison between corporate departments, development staff, and field/end-users.
- Oversaw program deployment and conversion of databases/software, maintaining constant contact with end-users to ensure smooth transitions.
- Tested and passed the new Lasernet 6.0 software that was ported from Xenix to Unix.
- Conducted service training for in-house and field personnel using wireless scanners.