- Over 6 years of experience in Information Technology wif emphasis on Quality Assurance of Client Server and Web based applications using manual and automated testing (QTP).
- In - Depth noledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Defect Life Cycle and different types of testing.
- Proficient in various Software Development Lifecycle methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall.
- Excellent Knowledge in managing QA processes using Test Management tools such as TestRail, Test Link, HP Quality Center(QC), HP Application Lifecycle management (ALM) and Jira for Bug tracking.
- Extensive experience in working closely wif the development team, QA, Users and Project Managers during all phases of the product life cycle.
- Experienced in developing and executing SQL queries for Oracle and SQL Server to validate data at the back end.
- Ability to interact wif developers and product analysts regarding testing status and to maintain detailedQA documentation.
- Extensive experience in analyzing Requirements and user stories and converting them into Test Cases.
- Hands on experience in handling multiple projects wif competing priorities simultaneously.
- Developed extensive Test Plans, Test Cases based on the Business Requirements and Functional Specifications.
- Good Experience in Web based Application testing including Functionality, Usability Interface, UAT and Compatibility testing.
- Experience in performing Data Migration Testing.
- Comfortable working in a demanding, rapid iterative development environment.
- Proficiency in collaboration wif business analysts for requirement clarification and developers to meet all the acceptance tests dat reflects the desired functionality.
- Ability to work independently as well as work wif teams having varying backgrounds on complex issues and has strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in testing activities for projects involving onshore and offshore teams.
- Excellent team player, quick learner and self-motivated.
- Strong aptitude towards learning new technologies.
Operating Systems: Windows XP, NT, Vista, Linux/Unix, Windows 7
Project Methodologies: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall
Databases: Oracle11g/10g, SQL Server 2012
Languages: SQL, C, C++
Documentation Tools: MS Office, Excel, MS Visio Pro, MS Project, PowerPoint
Browsers: I.E (Version 6.0 to 11.0), Fire Fox, Opera, Safari and Google Chrome
Testing Tools and Bug tracking: TestRail, Jira, Scrum Works Pro, QC, QTP (UFT 11.5), Test Link, ALM
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Senior QA Engineer
- Worked wif product manager and business analysts in understanding the project requirements including definition, creation and execution of the test scenarios and approaches.
- Responsible for Web based manual testing of Regonline product for functionality performance and usability.
- Developed and executed test cases for user stories using TestRail and HP ALM test management tools.
- Proficient in using Jira tool and Scrum Works Pro for reviewing user stories, creating sub tasks, logging hours for user stories and collaborate wif the team members.
- Worked on migration project to migrate the data from legacy system to Oracle utilizing the mapping document and validating the data using sql queries.
- Agile (SCRUM) methodology was followed. Actively participated in sprint planning, estimation, QA sprint meeting, backlog grooming, retrospective and sprint demo.
- Defects were created and tracked using JIRA tool.
- Extensive noledge in creating and executing SQL queries for verification and validation of data in oracle database using inner and outer JOINS, sub-queries, aggregate and analytical functions.
- Worked as a liaison between QA team and customer support team. Before assigning the production bugs to Dev team, I was responsible in replicating the issue in Production environment wif detailed documentation and tan passing it over to Dev team.
- Developed Test Plan and Test Cases by going through the Functional Requirements and User (Business) Requirements Documentation.
- Identified and created test data to perform positive, negative and boundary validation testing.
- Experienced in GUItesting, Smoke, Functionality, Regression, Integration, Usability, User AcceptanceTesting(UAT), System Testing, compatibility testing and End to Endtesting during the various phases of the development of the application.
- Responsible for communication wif the users and responsible for working wif the users closely duringUATand getting the required sign-off's.Escalation and resolution of issues wif different teams during theUATphase, getting the re-work done in a timely manner and re-testing the same.
- Responsible for creating bug summary report for QA sprint meetings.
- Worked on mobile testing using Apple and Android devices.
- Used QTP/UFT to perform regression testing.
- Managed the defect tracking process to ensure dat defect tracking is properly addressed (identification, fixing, re-testingof defects).
- Co-ordinated wif the offshore team for completion of the project tasks on a daily basis.
- Effectively used F12 developer tool option in Internet Explorer browser to test web application using different versions of IE.
- Providing quick resolution and suggestions for the issues reported during UAT testing for business users.
- Provided Test Estimates for various phases of the project.
- Categorized bugs based on the severity and interacted wif developers to resolve in timely manner.
- Experience in preparing test data and performing data validation using SQL queries.
- Mentor new QA team members to explain about the product, tools and processes dat are followed.
Environments: JIRA, TestRail, HP ALM, SQL Server Management studio, Scrum Works Pro, Windows XP/7.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Developed test cases to ensure dat functionality, usability and reliability of applications are consistent wif requirements and established acceptance criteria.
- Reported and managed defects to ensure dat all issues are resolved according to established guidelines and expectations.
- Used Quality Center/Jira for requirement management, planning, scheduling, executing tests and tracking defects.
- Worked wif business users and analysts in understanding the business requirements and in creation and execution of the test scenarios and approaches.
- Created and executed SQL queries using Multiple inner and outer joins, Complex joins between multiple table, sub queries, Unions, decode functions, aggregate and analytical functions.
- Participate in review meetings for the various sprint cycles to understand the release backlog to estimate and plan for the release cycle according.
- Executed test cases and procedures manually and compared actual results against expected results.
- Performed GUI, functional, regression, positive, negative and system testing on various applications.
- Maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to make sure dat test plans were written for all the requirements.
- Maintaining Communication wif cross functional teams through all phases oftestingto prioritize bug resolution.
- Work wif the Business Team to review UAT validation scenarios and assisting in executing the UAT test cases.
- Coordinating wifOffshore/Onsite Counterpart for updates/deliverables on daily basis.
- Attending inQASign-Off meetings by providing Covered scope of Testing to confirm the overall Testing and ownership of the modules/areas tested.
- Waterfall and Agile Scrum methodology was followed.
- Defects identified in testing environment were communicated to the developers using the defect tracking tool Quality Center/HP ALM.
- Worked closely wif developers to track, log and follow through on all software bugs and provided more information about bugs, helped them in fixing the bugs.
- Wrote SQL Queries to cross verify the data on the front-end UI and backend oracle database using TOAD and SQL Developer.
Environments: HP Quality Center, Windows XP, UNIX, Excel, Oracle 10g, Toad, SQL Developer.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes