- Over 7+ years of experience in the IT industry in Quality Assurance using Web based and Client/Server applications with strong business understanding.
- Extensive Experience in creating Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) including Test Case Preparation Status, Test Case Execution Status, Defect Status and User Acceptance Testing Status in excel.
- Expert in writing automation test scripts using Selenium RC/Webdriver Framework with TestNg.
- Experience in planning, coordinating and performing Black/White/Gray box testing, Functional Testing, Validation Testing, GUI testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, User Acceptance Testing, System testing, Cross Browser and End to End testing.
- Expertise in designing, creation and execution of Test Plans, Test Cases based on testing standards using tools like MS SharePoint, HP Quality Center.
- Very good knowledge of java APIs like JDBC, Collections, Log4j.
- Proficient in using automation tools such as QTP, Selenium and SOAP UI.
- Wrote Test Scripts and executed in QTP to perform periodic Functional, and Regression Testing
- Performed Backend and Database validation using complex SQL queries including but not limited to Joins, Sub queries, Nested queries and aggregate functions
- Implemented test cases and performedend to end testingusing protractor withAngular jsas front end.
- Experience Data Driven, Keyword Driven, and Hybrid Frameworks with JUnit/TestNG and Apache PO.
- Knowledge of Source control like SVN, GIT.
- Proficient in Performance/Load/Security testing using Meter, SoapUI Pro, Load Runner
- Experience in Problem solving and Bug tracking using Bug tracking Tools like Quality Center (Test Director). Extensive knowledge in analysis of Bug Severity and Bug Reporting and isolation.
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile development models.
- Experience in testing web services using Soap UI, JSON, SOAP messages (SOAP and RESTFUL).
- Thorough knowledge in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle, which includes Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Implementation and Support.
- Expertise in Manual and Automation testing of Client - Server, Internet/Intranet Web and Desktop Applications.
- Experienced in testing applications on mobile devices such as tablets, Smart Phones.
- Hands on Experience with Jenkins, GIT, SVN, CVS version controls and continuous integration tools.
- Excellent working knowledge in JAVA development testing using Eclipse IDE and Ant, Maven.
- Strong Analytical skills with good communication skills and a good team player.
Tools: Selenium (IDE, Webdriver, TestNG, Junit, SOAP UI, Restful API), Appium, Jenkins
IDE s: Eclipse, MS Visual Studio 2012
Database: SQL Server
Defect Tracking Tools: HP QC, ALM, Jira.
Operating Systems: Windows XP/7/8, OS X, Android, IOS .
MSSuite: MS Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Sr. Automation Engineer
- Reviewed project artifacts, analyzed Requirements, designed the test plan and provided weekly status report that includes testing metrics, test logs and test summary reports.
- Worked on Agile software development environment where testing is performed in each sprint.
- Defined the test criteria and base lined the Test Plan from project meetings and walkthroughs.
- Performed Regression Testing, Functional testing for web based application.
- Involved in manual and automated testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Used JIRA to store all testing results, metrics, implemented test plan document, created test cases, defect tracking and reporting.
- Created custom XPath for identifying Dynamic Objects and used them in Selenium.
- Developed Traceability matrix to increase the test coverage.
- Developed and maintained the automated regression test suite in WebDriver using Java.
- Used JIRA for Test Planning, Test Execution and Generating Reports.
- Performed full automation suite for every Release and analysed the root cause of failed scripts.
- Involved in peer test case reviews, escalations, defect tracking and reporting.
- Used Maven framework and TestNG for reporting the automation test cases result.
- Responsible for website user interface and call handling test cases along with AgentScripting.
- Excellent analytical and programming abilities in using technology to create elegant, flexible and maintainable solutions for complex testing problem.
- Worked on Cross Browser and Cross Platform testing through Selenium WebDriver by testing the website on different browsers like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox.
- Performed Database Validation and Integration Testing using SQL.
- Test Services web for integration.
- Experienced in Design, Develop, Execute and Maintain Automated Test Scripts using BDD(Behaviour Driven Development) and TDD(Test Driven Development) testing framework using Cucumber, Java, TestNG and have clear concept about the Gherkin Language.
Confidential, Bentonville, AR
Sr. Automation QA Engineer
- Analyzed requirements, coordinated with business owner, UI team and Development team to make sure that the requirements are tested completely.
- Performed Manual and Automation testing on this Web based application.
- Involved in automating the Mobile app regression test cases using Appium tool.
- Selenium Web Driver 2.0 for automating Cross Browser Testing on IE, Firefox, Chrome browsers.
- Tracked the defects using Quality Center and generated defect summary reports.
- Tested SOAP web services using SOAP UI by creating Test steps such as Request, Data Source, Response, and Assertions such as HTTP, XPATH, Delay etc.
- Involved in Functionality, User Interface, and Regression testing during the various phases of development.
- Designed white box tests and perform full functional tests
- Identified test cases to automate. Automate those test cases using Selenium WebDriver, JUnit and Java (Eclipse IDE).
- Created Test cases from scratch using Test Ng and WebDriver Framework.
- Injected Dependency in Maven'sPOM.XML file by Group id, Artifact id, and version.
- Used Pom.xml in GIT and create job within Jenkins.
- Performed Regression testing for every modification made in the application and new builds using Selenium WebDriver.
- Successfully completed a Proof Of Concept (POC) for web recording of an web application using iTKO LISA.
- Worked closely with Agile Scrum team from several domains to ensure product testability while running Regression tests in Selenium WebDriver using Junit, and maintained test environments used for white box testing during new product releases.
- Involved in Test Case Execution of the application using iTKO LISA and Reported defects in HP Quality Center.
- Used Selenium for End - to End testing for Angular.js and Backbone.js Applications.
- Used Jenkins server to run Junit/Cucumber Automated tests.
- Performed web sevices testing using various assertions and filters on ITKO LISA Work station.
- Used Selenium Web Driver API to automate tests on cross browser and cross platform environment.
- Involved in creating and executing the Soap UI automation Web Services test cases.
- UsedJunitFramework for creating Selenium scripts.
- Developed Test Plans for Performance Testing in JMeter and saved results in Reports and log files.
- Identified software defects using JIRA and interfaced with developers to resolve them and provided full support to the Test team.
- Writing Selenium Web Driver scripts in Java/Junit.
- Worked on Web Services (SOAP &Restful) using SOAP UI and validated the JSON Messages.
- Sanity Testing and Regression Testing for Device and Simulator of iPhone andAndroid.
- Written SQL Queries to extract data from Oracle database and verify the output data of the reports on the browser page.
- Compared the test results with the given functional specifications and documented all deviations from the expected results.
- Reported numerous problems of various severity levels.
- Work in fast paced agile (Scrum) environment.
- Coordinated with different teams (Business, Development & Management) to get data transfer to different Interfaces.
Confidential, Las Angles-CA
QA Automation Engineer/Mobile Tester
- Performed GUI functional and sanity testing manually for each new build of the application
- Followed Agile/Scrum Process throughout the SDLC.
- Obtained various debug logs from both IOS and android devices by using XCode, ADB and DDMS.
- Wrote POS automation test scripts using Selendroid with Javafor android devices.
- Planning all the testing activities (Test Planning, Test Estimation and scheduling of QA activities, Test Strategy, Test Case Design, Requirements Traceability matrix, Review, execution and Reports)
- Performed positive, negative, functionality, regression and release acceptance testing on different devices including Android/Kindle, iPad1, iPad 2, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod 3rd, 4th generations
- Tested the UI of the end product on mobile, PC, Android and Apple platforms to ensure that language translation and currency conversions were displaying as required.
- Wireless automation usingIxia platforms.
- Performed end to end integrated system test for high speed data usingIxia, Spirent Test Center.
- Used core JAVA for writing Selenium Web Driver tests for the web application and TestNG framework.
- Wrote test scripts using Java, Selenium, Jenkins
- Created the Scripts for Web Services to test using HP Service Test 9.5, SOAP UI.
- Tested APIs (both RESTful and SOAP) manually as well as through automation using SOAP UI
- Requested different versions of iOS, Android and Blackberry mobile device
- Developed and automated Web Services API testing using SOAPUI frameworks.
- Worked with Java based simultaneously: iOS and Android.
- Planning and execution of Installation Testing, Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Performance Testing and security testing.
- Created automation scripts in SOAPUI using Groovy Script for web services testing.
- Reported bugs using JIRA bug-tracking system
- Back End testing using SQL Queries
- Executing the test cases (manual and automated) and reporting the bugs in Mingle and QC/ALM.
- Performed browser compatibility and configuration testing on various operating systems such as Blackberry OS, Android OS, iOS etc.
- Developed applications in html, Java, C++, and Visual Basic.
Confidential, Redwood City, CA
- Analyzed functionality, performance, usability, compatibility of application.
- Developed test scripts to automate process of testing in Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium WebDriver using Java/Python programming languages.
- Developed POM automation framework using Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Web Services.
- Facilitated defects management meetings utilizing Bugzilla to log and track defects.
- Developed TestNG/JUnit/MRUnit tasks and groups where the application had full code coverage from unit, integration, regression, performance, and security perspectives.
- Developed on existing continuous integration builds within Jenkins and Maven where nightly builds ran the full test suite.
- Extensively executed SQL queries on database tables to verify the database.
- Prepared and Executed test scripts using SoapUI.
- Automated the API test cases and executed script with the help of SoapUI Pro.
- Setup Selenium Grid to run test scripts for parallel execution.
- Tested Web services (address validation, credit validation and telephone number assignment) using SoapUIand WCF client.
- Wrote UNIX shell scripts to test data in the database.