- 8 years of extensive experience in implementation of QA testing strategy for Web based, Windows, Web Services, databases and Client/Server applications using manual testing and Automation testing.
- Proficient in using test Automation tools such as SeleniumWebDriver/RC/IDE/Grid to develop automation testing scripts for web and client server applications.
- Hands - on experience on mobile testing using emulator and simulator for Android and IOS devices using Appium and Perfecto.
- Proficiency in writing load scripts using Apache JMeter.
- Expertise in using Protractor to handle Angular JS, TestNG and Maven technologies under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
- Implemented functional tests using TestNG/Junit framework.
- Experience in analyzing business specification documents, designing and developing Test Plans, writing and executing Test Cases.
- Hands-on experience developing newautomationframeworks usingProtractor, QTP, Selenium, JMeter.
- Experience in ANT, MAVEN to create projects, JAR files, POM.xml with artifacts and dependencies.
- Experienced in Creating/Executing/Troubleshooting Selenium automation test scripts generated from test cases.
- Expertise in developing BDD tests using Cucumber by writing behavior and step definitions.
- Extensively experienced in using CA LISA for testing web services.
- Experienced in Bug tracking, reporting and using Quality Center (QC) and JIRA for global test management.
- Experienced in finding the bugsby using tools like Bugzilla.
- Experienced in continuous integration using JENKINS to support tools like SVN, CVS and GITHUB and also to execute Apache ANT and Apache Maven.
- Extensive experience in Functional testing, ESB, Testing System Management, Integration testing, Regression testing, GUI testing, Back-end testing, Browser Compatibility testing, Ad-hoc testing.
- Experienced in ETL environment involving Data Stage.
- Hands on experience in using Visual Studio Test Tools.
- Experienced on .Net Framework objects.
- Experienced in SEE Test for automation.
- Hands on experience in testing Extended JS application.
- Experience in Planning and execution of Performance testing for Web applications.
- Involved in SOA testing includes developing test scripts in manual and automated testing environments, logging and recording test results, developing test scenarios, identifying and analyzing test errors, and maintaining test scripts.
- Expertise in Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies including Agile.
- Hands on experience in Java, C#, Perl, Python and Ruby scripting.
- Implemented SOAP/REST services using SOAP UI to test the web services.
- Expertise in XML files, Flat files, CSV files.
- Good knowledge on Hive, PIG and Sqoop.
- Expert in Black Box Testing and White Box Testing.
- Familiar with OSI and TCP/IP.
- Very good knowledge of SDLC models like Iterative Model and V-Model.
- Experienced in writing SQL queries for back-end testing and validation of data.
- Implemented Data Driven Framework and Hybrid Driven using Web Driver.
- Experience in Planning and execution of Load and Stress tests for Web applications.
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
- Actively participates to drive the team to deliver the tasks and encourages discussion to solve the problems.
- Proactive, dependable, Independent and hardworking with active thoughts.
Languages: C#, Java, HTML, XML, PL/SQL, Python, Perl, TCL, VB Script, Ruby, CSS.
Automation Tools: Selenium WebDriver, HP Quality center/ALM, Junit, .NET framework, Cucumber, TestNG, JIRA, See Test, SOAP UI, SOA, QTP, Eclipse, Protractor, Appium, Perfecto, JMeter, and GIT.
Bug Tracking Tools: HP Quality Center, IBM Rational ClearQuest, JIRA, TestDirector, TestLink, Bugzilla.
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson.
Development Environment: Eclipse IDE, Visual Studio
Database: SQL Server, Oracle 11g/10g.
Project Management: Agile, Waterfall Process.
Operating System: Windows, Mac OS, UNIX, LINUX.
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
Senior QA Engineer/Mobile Tester
- Interacted with Business Analyst and Developers to understand the application architecture and recommend testing strategy.
- Used Selenium WebDriver using TestNG and Eclipse for automation in Hybrid model.
- Developing UIautomationusingProtractorfor Angular JS applications.
- Automated angularJs application module usingprotractorand Jasmine and created specs for various functional scenarios.
- Built database Model, Views and API's using Python for interactive web based solutions.
- CreatedSeleniumweb-driverautomationscripts using Python to validate functionality on various browsers. Responsible for implementing page object model (POM) usingSeleniumWebDriver, ANT, Jenkins and Java.
- Developed QA processesautomationtest scripts using Python/Seleniumto test Web based user interfaces for different type of browsers.
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily SCRUM meetings and testing each SPRINT deliverables.
- Creating testautomationscripts, usedSelenium,Ruby, and Cucumber.
- Validated web services manually and throughautomationusing SOAP UI.
- Worked with open source tools such asSelenium(SeleniumIDE,SeleniumRC,SeleniumWeb Driver, andSeleniumGrid), Cucumber, Jenkins, Maven, SoapUI, JUnit, JIRA and Eclipse.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services & REST API. Used Page Object Model, UI Mapping,SeleniumManager, Data Driven using CSV, CSS Selectors as a part of Framework.
- Experience in Functional Testing, Data Driven Testing, Load Testing and Validating WSDL using SOAPUI tool.
- Performed SOA / web services testing using SOAP UI, wrote adaptors to test / invoke web services.
- Experience and knowledge in testing web applications running on Java Script frameworks like Angular.js, Perl, Python,Ruby, React.js and Node.js etc.
- Proficient in documentation of deliverables in testing process (Test Plan, Test Scripts (Perl,Ruby, Python, Angular.js), Test Summary, Defects in HP Quality Center/ALM & JIRA, Status Reports, and Best practices in Testing).
- Automated AngularJS application module usingprotractorby writing java scripts and Used Jasmine as unit testing framework.
- Detecting, classifying and reporting bugs through Defect Tracking System inJIRA.
- Wrote and executed Test Cases for each User Story and Logged Defects for the test failure inJira.
- Implemented simulator for Mobile App Testing in Android Platform using Appium.
- Used Android SDK and setup mobile device emulator to test application and to get log files.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Preparation and execution ofAutomationTest Scripts C#, Java Scripts, Perl,Ruby, Python and Test Suites withSeleniumWeb Driver using TestNG.
- Performed functional testing using See Test automation tools for Android and IOS platforms.
- Involved in validating request and response XML. Added assertions to validate the XML in Web services SOAP and RESTFUL service.
- Used SOAP/REST services using SOAP UI, Groovy Script to test the services.
- Prepared Traceability Matrix to ensure the adequate coverage of the test cases.
- Performed Coded UI automation testing for the application using Microsoft Test Manager.
- Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing behavior and step definitions & developed required Selenium support code in JAVA for Cucumber.
- Used JIRA/RALLY as a defect tracking tool for raising issues and interacting with developers and users about the errors in the application.
- Involved in using Quality Center for managing the defect. Performed manual Back-End testing by writing SQL Queries for validating user information in the tables.
- Performed API Level testing for web services, enhanced the Test harness and developed many Test suites using XML and Python.
- Involved in writing SQL queries for Backend as well as ETL testing.
- Validated soap response using various Assertions such as XPath, Contains, SOAP Fault, Schema Compliance etc.
- Used Git for Version Control and Code Collaboration to manage code reviews.
- Used T-SQL scripts in Oracle database to validate functionality.
- Created, Configured and Managed Oracle OSB (Oracle Service Bus) Services.
- Generated test scripts that has information such as screen capture, actual results etc.
- Updated Test Plans and Test Cases periodically to manage changes in requirements.
- Participated QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues and defects in the application.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, SOAPUI, Cucumber, BDD, Maven, XPATH, Eclipse, Jenkins, Fire path, Angular JS, Firebug, Python, See Test, SOA, HTML, XML, Perfecto, agile, JIRA/RALLY, Coded UI, Test Manager, Mobile Testing, T-SQL, Oracle and Windows.
Confidential, Illinois, Chicago
- Involved in writing test cases for the System Testing.
- Analyzed the Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Functional Specification documents (FSD) to prepare Test Cases based on the Test Plan and Use Cases and attended Reviews meetings to better understand the applications.
- Participated in walkthroughs with Team lead, System Analyst, Project Coordinator and the Development team to discuss the outstanding defects and scope change requests.
- Developed Automation framework implementing Page Object Model, using JAVA,Python,SeleniumWebDriver and Cucumber.
- Script,Pythonand databases like Oracle, SQL Server, and PLSQL.
- Design, developed and implemented Keyword Driven, Data Driven and Hybrid Driven automation testing framework utilizing Java,Python, TestNG andSeleniumWeb-Driver.
- Developed automated tests using Selenium WebDriver with developers for Continuous regression testing (Jenkins & UDeploy) and reducing manual testing using Selenium, TestNG and Maven.
- Attended triage meetings to understand and consider the scope changes for the release during the test execution phase.
- Extensive experience in Selenium WebDriver, Selenium RC and Selenium Grid.
- Migrated scripts from Selenium IDE to Selenium WebDriver and created framework scripts from scratch.
- Used Selenium core to quickly record and play back the tests in the actual environment that they will run the web browser.
- Exported Test Case Scripts (Java - Selenium RC) in Eclipse IDE and modified the Selenium scripts and executed.
- Implemented test automation scripts formobiletesting usingAppiumfor Android and iOS applications.
- Developed automation scripts forMobileNative applications on iOS and Android platforms usingAppiumand Java.
- IntegratedAppiumwith Sauce Labs for distributing tests on the cloud.
- Implemented real devicemobileapp testing using Test Object on the cloud.
- Performed tests on emulators and simulators over Charles Proxy.
- Performed Cross browser Compatibility testing using Chrome, Firefox, IE browsers.
- Defect Management using ALM, JIRA and Conflict Management.
- Experience in setting up test environment for automated script execution using Java,Appiumand TestNG.
- Performed concurrent executions on emulators and simulators over Sauce Labs and using real devices over Test Object.
- Performed backend database testing by writing SQL and PL/SQL scripts to verify data integrity.
- Used GitHub as version control tool.
- Identifiedmobileelements usingAppiumInspector, UI Automator Viewer.
- UsedAppiumto facilitatemobiletesting by creatingmobileDriver class with the requiredMobile capabilities.
- Good experience inmobiletesting usingAppiumin both IOS and Android applications using simulator and emulator.
- Automation scripting experience in Intranet/Internet applications using Selenium Web Driver and SOAPUI.
- Implemented automation using Selenium Web Driver/IDE for performing browser Compatibility Testing.
- Sole performance of API testing with different sub-systems as a part of Back-end test.
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily Scrum meetings and tested each Sprint deliverables.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Worked closely with the Development team to analyze the application at the backend level and to describe the defects.
- Trained and assisted new team members on data analysis using the API tools.
- Maintaining status reports and communicating with the Management regarding progress of work.
- Prepared the Manual test cases that was not covered under Automation process.
Environment: Selenium 2.4, Selenium RC, Selenium IDE, Selenium Web Driver, Selenium Grid, Selenium Web Driver API, HP Quality Center 10.0/9.0,AppiumGUI 1.6.5, Sauce Labs, Test Object, Charles Proxy, Manual Testing, Agile, Eclipse, Windows NT/7, Java, XML, XML SPY, HTML, JSP, VB Script, MS SQL, DB2, Toad, Teradata, Oracle 11g, SQL Server 2008, Test Director, Jira, PL/SQL and Windows2007.
Confidential, Atlanta, Georgia
Senior Automation Engineer
- Designed and Developed Test Cases for automated testing using Selenium.
- Effectively implemented different QA methodologies/policies, strategies and plans in all stages of SDLC.
- Configured and scheduled jobs in Jenkins.
- Involved in analyzing the Business Requirements and Design documents for getting better understanding of the system form technical as well as business perspective.
- Performed end to end testing in the form of scripts using C#.
- DevelopedAutomationtesting suite usingPythonand Robot Framework.
- Rewrite existing Java application inPythonmodule to deliver certain format of data.
- Created and maintain server-side integration tests -Pythonand Robot Framework running with every build (git, Jenkins).
- Rewrite existingPythonmodules to deliver certain format of data.
- Extensively used Shared Object Repository in QTP.
- Responsible for Setting up Web Services project using WSDL in SOAP UI and provided setup help to other team members.
- Involved in writing Test Cases and Test Procedures based on the Test Plan.
- Developed User controls, Custom controls using Asp .NET and C# and were effectively used.
- Conducted coding in C#, Selenium and Build Automation Framework for client services.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application’s GUI and in the testing environment using Junit.
- Developed ANT Build scripts to run Sanity Test scripts developed in Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed Regression testing of applications after defects are fixed and any new functionality is implemented in to the QA. Supported the Business team for executing UAT test cases.
- Verified data integrity by back-end testing of the application by writing SQL queries.
- Developed test suites using Ruby at API level.
- Developed Test Frameworks in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test Automation.
- Performed unit testing using Junit for class, method, & web services testing.
- Performed multiple tests using Data Driven Framework on multiple test data.
- Uploaded test cases executed test cases and logged defects/bugs in Quality Center/ALM.
- Used ESB for handling complex details in background.
- Performed Database Change Verification testing using SQL queries.
- Experience in ETL processing in Data warehouse manually and reporting environment.
- Responsible for implementation of Hybrid Test Automation Framework, Page Object Model using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Maven.
- Played good role in test case review meetings.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, ETL, Junit, SQL Server, C#, Visual Studio, ASP.NET, Maven, Quality Center, ESB, HTML, Java Script, Jenkins, Junit, Oracle, Windows XP.
- Involved in project planning and implemented QA methodology.
- Used Requirements and Design documents for writing Test Cases.
- Performed Regression Testing with QTP.
- Project is developed using Waterfall methodology.
- Created VBScripts using QuickTestProfessional for automation, also generated Test Data for automation scripts in Excel from QTP.
- Tested web-based application on different operating systems.
- Worked on JIRA for ticket management.
- Involved in writing the Backend scripts for QTP.
- Verified the application on difference web browser such as IE, Mozilla Firefox and Opera.
- Database Change Verification testing using Oracle-TOAD and PL/SQL queries/procedures.
- Worked on White-Box server-side System level test cases using JUNIT.
- Prepared the Test Results document which summarizes testing activities and results.
Environment: VBScript, QTP11.0, Quality Center, JIRA, Junit, AJAX, CSS, TOAD, PL/SQL, Oracle, UNIX, Windows XP.
- Involved in preparing the Test Plan and Test Cases based on the business and functional specifications.
- Used Quality Center to develop test cases, test scripts and logging the defects.
- Involved in writing the SQL Queries.
- Identified the initial setup, input data, appropriate steps and the expected responses in the manual test cases.
- Prepared Traceability Matrix using MS Excel.
- Participated in Integration, System, and Smoke Testing.
- Documented the Bug reports and categorized them based on severity.
- Created end-to-end test cases to identify any potential issues and addressed issues prior to software release at each phase.
- Interacted with developers for Defect Fixes.
Environment: Quality Center, QTP, Manual Testing, MS Excel, SQL and Windows XP.