- Over 6+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance and Test Automation Process in IT industry and that include Insurance applications which are Client/Server, web - based Applications with proficiency in both manual and automated testing.
- Extensive working experience on all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), its methodologies and process.
- Experience in Automation testing using Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID, Junit, TestNG, Jenkins, Maven, Ant, QTP, Cucumber, Jbehave, SOAP UI and HP Quality Center.
- Key expertise includes testing and debugging GUI and Multi-Applications environment and automated testing using Selenium Webdriver and Selenium RC/IDE.
- Sound knowledge on Junit, TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven and Ant for Project building tool, Jenkins/Hudson for Continuous Integration.
- Expert in integrating Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Continuous Integration tools Hudson/Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Good experience in Selenium Test Environment setup expert using the entire open source tools. Excellent knowledge in writing unique XPath using firebug and fire path to identify web elements.
- Experienced in making Data Driven and Keyword Driven framework to maintain test suite.
- Experience with comprehensive understanding of all phases of Test Life Cycle, including requirements gathering, test planning, and scheduling, testing, defect tracking, and reporting.
- Expertise in Automation Testing, Manual Testing, Smoke Testing, GUI Software Testing, and Backed end Testing, Black-box Testing, Functional Testing, System Testing, and Regression Testing.
- Good experience in Web Services testing using SOAP UI, XML, & WSDL. Providing required input data to request XML & get the required data from response XML & use the response data from other request XML using SOAPUI.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center, JIRA, IBM Clear Quest, BugZilla.
- Good programming skills in Java, C, C++, VB, Oracle, SQL, and PL/SQL and experience in SQL Server, Access and Oracle Databases.
- Expertise in back ends testing and writing SQL queries, Joins, procedures using Oracle and MySQL.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies such as Agile, SCRUM and waterfall models and TDD.
- Highly motivated team player with analytical, organizational and technical skills, unique ability to adapt quickly to challenges and changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID, QTP, HP Quality Center, Soap UI, ALM, Cucumber
Test Framework: Junit, TestNG
Project Methodologies: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall, V-Model
Defect Tracking Tools: Jira, BugZilla, IBM Rational ClearQuest
CI/Build Tools: Jenkins, Ant, Maven
Databases: Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MS Access
Operating Systems: Windows variants, UNIX
Confidential, Dallas, TX
QA Automation Engineer
- Reviewed business requirements and technical specification documents and Analyzed use cases, functional requirements to write detailed Test plans and Test cases.
- Involved in setting up configuring the testing environment with Eclipse, TestNG, Selenium WebDriver and Selenium Java client driver.
- Responsible for implementation of Hybrid Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Maven technologies under Java platform.
- Performed comprehensive manual testing to test website compliance against requirements Performed Data driven testing using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG functions and JDBC Connections which reads data from scripts using property and XML files.
- Proven success in establishment of agile test practices including acceptance test automation using Cucumber (ruby scripting) during acceptance test driven development methodology.
- Wrote and executed automated test cases using Selenium WebDriver to automate manual testing solutions.
- Developed and Executed Test Plans and Test Cases from Requirements and Specification documents.
- Authored and Executed Automation and Manual Test Cases for Functional testing of various modules of the application.
- Used Maven, SVN, Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins, Java and Selenium Grid to create nightly automation scripts.
- Created Automation script using Selenium WebDriver. Executed scripts on different browser and different platform.
- Used Maven for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Contributed to the Continuous Integration pipeline running component builds, creating and running Deployment jobs on individual stages on Jenkins, and running automated and manual functional tests.
- On daily basis used build tools like Maven and Jenkins to build and regress automated tests into the PayPal CI process, and for VCS used GIT; documented and tracked defects and produced detailed reports using Jira and Rally.
- Worked closely with Agile Scrum team from several domains to ensure product testability while running Regression tests in Selenium WebDriver using Junit, and maintained test environments used for white box testing during new product releases.
- Responsible in executing Selenium test scripts on different browsers and checked for compatibility.
- Created data-driven automation scripts for testing API Web Services using SOAP UI.
- Tested the application in highly dynamic environment with sprint team using Agile Methodology.
- Used Firebug to identify Elements’ by ID, Name, CSS, XPath, and Links on Web Pages.
- Used HP Mercury Quality Center for Test Management, for Functional Test Automation.
- Provide all data validation through SQL Queries UNIX commands to perform Back-end Testing.
- Created QA sizing estimated based on the changes to the web services for the scope defined in a particular release cycle.
- Planned and executed Backend testing using numerous SQL Queries to verify the dataflow from the database.
- Log defects using JIRA application and communicate the defect status updates to the responsible analysis and implementation teams.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
QA Automation Engineer
- Gathered requirements and application information from Business Area Managers (BAM) and Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) and developed test cases.
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites.
- Developed new and updated existing Automation test cases using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG, using Git and Source Tree as VCS for a Java based Web application, using Maven as build tool and Jenkins to create and run deployment jobs.
- Developed and implemented robust MVC Pattern base testing with Selenium WebDriver which cut down the script development time in half.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid and Jenkins.
- Developed automated tests for continuous regression testing and reducing manual testing using Selenium, TestNG and Maven.
- Implemented Automated execution of tests (nightly and need based) using Maven and Jenkins.
- Designed, maintained and executed Automated Integration framework of API/Web Services across multiple test and production environments using SOA test.
- Extensively used XPATH, Regular expression and classes to perform UI actions. Exported output/reports for all automated testing results.
- Done SOA testing for Payments API's using SOAP UI and Java framework for web services testing.
- Closely worked with developers and product owners in an Agile Environment using technical stories to create automated APIs (REST/SOAP) and built a framework for continuous support for future releases.
- Used SQL Queries in performing data validation to ensure data accuracy and data integrity by testing back-end components of new data warehouse products.
- Actively involved in QA Testing (UI and API), and collaborating with off-shore QA personnel on current projects and documenting and reporting defects and test results in JIRA.
- Coordinated with upper management daily regarding status on the execution of Test Cases (How many Test Cases failed/pass, status of the site).
Confidential, Duluth, GA
- Worked closely with development team in creating automated scripts for the application using Selenium.
- Involved in the development of Test plan, Scenarios and Test scripts for manual, automation and performance testing of the various applications.
- Developed automated scripts for Automated Regression Testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application’s GUI and in the testing environment using Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed and implemented robust Keyword driven framework with Selenium WebDriver which cut down the script development time in half.
- Designed High Level Test Cases or Scenarios that map back to High Level Requirements and Use Cases.
- Develop scripts for all manual Test cases using Junit.
- Exported HTML Test case to Test Suite and then run on other browsers using Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed UI testing, Database testing after reviewing the story cards and database diagram.
- Tested SOAP-based Web Services for enrolling customers, getting insurance information, creating claims
- Performed Regression Testing of different modules automated in SOAP UI.
- Performed Back-End Testing, database table manipulations of relational database systems by writing complex SQL queries manually.
- Involved in testing the database and data validation using SQL Queries.
- Reported the Coverage status of test performed on the daily/weekly basis.
Environment: Java, Selenium Webdriver, Junit, Quality Center, Soap UI, Chrome, SQL, Oracle, Windows XP.
QA Tester (Manual)
- Analyzed the Business Requirements Specification, System Requirements Specification and User Interface Specification documents.
- Developed Test Plans, Test scenarios, Test Cases.
- Involved in setting up different configuration environment for compatibility testing and manual testing.
- Performed ad-hoc, Functional, Regression, Integration and Compatibility Testing of Web-based Application.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the Test Director for all the defects found during functional and regression testing and follow up of the bug life cycle.
- Prepared Test Cases with the complete description of requirements, uploaded test cases and report results into Quality Center.
- Performed Manual Testing to check flow of the application.
- During testing life cycle, performed different types of testing like System Testing, Integration Testing and Regression Testing.
- Created Test Execution Matrices during the test cycle.
- Performed Manual/Automated tests via navigation and workflow of the application.
- Writing and reviewing test cases to validate the functionality of all the modules.
- Carried out extensive Backend Testing to ensure proper backup and restoring of data by Writing SQL queries using Management Studio Tool.
- Maintained Test Logs and Test Summary Reports.
Environment: Java, Manual testing, Test Director, SQL, Windows.