- An extremely motivated and proficient individual with 7 years in Software Configuration Management (SCM) and Enterprise Release Management (ERM) in accordance with client needs.
- Excellent understanding of SDLC methodologies such as Agile (Scrum and Kanban), Waterfall.
- Knowledge in working with version controlling systems such as Subversion, GIT, TFS and ClearCase.
- Extensive experience in defining the branching and the merging strategies, creating baselines and releasing the code.
- Extensive experience on Build Tools such as MSBUILD, ANT and Maven.
- Good knowledge in managing the Nexus and Artifactory repositories for Maven artifacts and dependencies.
- Experience in Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins, Hudson, and AnthillPro.
- Responsible for all aspects of the software configuration management process, including code compilation, packaging / deployment / release methodology, and application configurations.
- Experience in Java/.NET, C++, C projects and Manage software configurations and builds on UNIX and Windows environments.
- Created CM Plans and Test Plans for Applications. Experienced in trouble shooting, configuring and deploying enterprise applications in WebSphere, WebLogic and Tomcat.
- Worked with different bug tracking tools like JIRA, Version One and Bugzilla.
- Result - oriented and self-motivated with a proven capacity to learn sophisticated technologies and have a track record for producing on-time, high quality product and solutions.
- Worked closely with Product Management and Development Team to ensure testing is comprehensive.
Languages: Shell, C, C++, Java, ASP.net.
SCM Tools: Subversion (SVN), TFS, AnthillPro, JENKINS, HUDSON, Clearcase, Github.
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN.
Servers: Weblogic, Websphere, Apache Tomcat.
Platforms: UNIX, Linux, Microsoft Windows Vista/ XP/ 2000.
Confidential, Richmond, Virginia
Build and Release Manager
Tools: HPSM, VersionOne, Jenkins, Hudson, SVN, GIT, Nexus, uDeploy, Maven, Tomcat
- Configured build jobs in Jenkins and migrated Hudson jobs to Jenkins.
- Configured uDeploy jobs for automated deployment to non-production and production environments.
- Assisted application teams to configure their Maven build scripts.
- Configured Sonar build jobs for automated code quality check.
- Maintained artifacts in Nexus staging repository.
- Daily and continuous integration build tools implementation and development release automation.
- Assisted teams to on-board their new application onto CI/CD process.
- Developed and maintained Shell scripts for build and release tasks.
- Provided technical support to developers with build and configuration issues.
- Provide/Perform Source Code Management according to SDLC and Release requirements (ie, branches, merges, etc...).
- Coordinated with development, testing, and business analyst teams to ensure updates are completed and changes are scheduled accordingly.
- Coordinates and participates in regular pre and post-release review meetings to assist with the evaluation of release quality.
- Tracked platform-level release milestones to assess production readiness for implementation.
- Provided a reporting view for leadership with all the platform contents such as new capabilities, business as usual and maintenance requests.
- Partnered with sprint teams to make sure that teams are compliant with change management policies.
- Ensured all the releases are aligned with restriction periods and advised leadership on any conflicts and collisions.
- Represented high or medium risk change orders in CAB meetings.
Confidential, Raleigh, North Carolina
CM Analyst and Release Engineer
Environment: ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Windows/Linux, Shell script, SVN, GIT, AnthillPro and Web Logic, Web Sphere, JIRA.
- Performed installation, configuration and administration of SVN on Linux environment. provided ‘Manual’, ‘Continuous Integration’, and ‘Schedule’ builds (along with the option to force builds on that schedule even if no changes occurred since the last build)
- Created Builds and deployed builds to different environments based on requests
- Extensive experience in using and writing scripts in Ant to Jenkins.
- Provided technical support to developers with configuration issues. Defined and implemented Issues, Tasks, Defects and Change management processes using JIRA.
- Completed tests and review of Java/JEE/EJB usage in Web logic.
- Managed builds and made necessary changes to Ant and Maven build scripts for Java/ Weblogic based applications.
- Deployed JAVA/J2EE applications through Web Sphere.
- Strong in building Object Oriented applications using C++ and Java.
- Developed and maintained Perl/Shell scripts for build and release tasks.
- Configured & implemented SVN. Involved in conversion of the source code from the SVN to GIT.Worked closely with another CM team, which was migrating from SVN to GIT. Helped them in the CM Planning and Build/Deploy processes.
- Administered SVN for version control to include branching and merge management, and JIRA to track process defects.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Build and Release Engineer
Environment: .Net, TFS 2010/2012, Java, Subversion, Jenkins, ANT, Maven, Windows/Linux, IIS 7 & Web Logic.
- Identified requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual clients and with other persons in a position to understand service requirements with a thorough technical knowledge
- Administered Team Foundation Server (TFS) for software planning, version control, continuous integration and build services
- Maintained code repositories and implemented best practices for branching and merging in Subversion (SVN) and Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Designed and implemented the automated process of build and deployments for .Net and Java applications using tools as per the needs of project that included Team Foundation Server (TFS), Jenkins.
- Deployed and configured build server and maintained build controller along with agents
- Defined build definitions to setup continuous integration and edited build process templates accordingly to support deployment. Customized work item and process templates.
- Defined, communicated and enforced Configuration Management policies and to development teams
- Developed build and deployment scripts for applications, worked on build management, performance tuning, improvement, and automation
- Extracted defect & testing reports from HP Application Life Cycle Management and communicated to stakeholders
- Proficient in using JIRA and used it extensively to assign, track tasks, defects, requests etc.
- Assisted release managers and change management coordinators by communicating and coordinating the release activities, used BMC Remedy and JIRA for tracking purposes
- Worked with BMC Remedy Action Request system application to submit and track change requests
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Configuration Manager/ Build Engineer
Tools: C++ and Java/J2ee, ANT, Hudson, Shell, Jenkins, Apache Tomcat, JIRA, DB2, Subversion, GIT, WebSphere.
- Automating The Build process using Cruise Control, Subversion, and ANT
- Managed builds and wrote Build scripts for JAVA projects and WebSphere based applications
- Maintained source code repository in subversion and GIT
- Automated deployment of builds to different environments using Anthill Pro and Jenkins
- Work closely with Business analysts and Project managers to meet release and build schedule deadlines.
- Created Continuous Build Process using Jenkins and Hudson.
- Implemented continuous integration using the Jenkins, which tracks the source code changes
- Create and setup automated nightly build environment for Java projects using ANT.
- Ensure that the builds are consistent after being ported from different platforms.
- Suggested and implemented the process of nightly builds and auto deployments, for fast paced applications.
- For applications that are developed in a regular pace, builds and deployments were as per request.
- Studied the current build and release process and automated the process using shell scripts.
- Debugged Build failures and worked with developers and QA people to resolve the related issues.
- Perform various builds for the QA, and Production Environments.
- Experienced in building Java application using make files (Ant utility), Shell Scripts.
- Deployment of application to the Web Server and Application Server.
- Managed builds and made necessary changes to Ant build scripts for Java/ Websphere based applications.
- Support development engineers with Configuration Management issues. Assist my seniors and Project Leaders with technical issues.
- Creation and setup of new branches such as development, testing and production.
- Worked closely with development team and QA team for product releases
SCM Build/Release Engineer
Environment: Java, ANT, Clear Case, UNIX, Shell, Artifactory, Hudson, WebSphere, Linux, MYSQL.
- Sending the Uptime and Downtime notifications to teams regarding Servers Status as a part of the Build Engineer role at the time of deploying the EAR and WAR packages to servers.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves environments like Development QA UAT and Production.
- Assist with maintaining current build systems, developed build scripts, and maintained the source control system.
- Developed build scripts using ANT in Hudson to move build artifacts to staging server.
- Created Hudson Workflows for pre deployment process (DB execution, Environment configuration changes, etc.) on both QA and preproduction Environments.
- Worked with Subversion to manage source code.
- Involved in setting up Rally as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the Rally bug/issue tracker.
- Coordinated with all the teams before and after the production deployments for the smooth production releases.
- Installed and administered repository to deploy the artifacts generated by Ant and to store the dependent jars which are used during the build.
- Provided the assistance for the smooth phase of Release for the Emergency and Expedite Releases by getting the Director Level Approval and coordinating with different teams.
- Written Shell scripts to apply the Integration label to all the files which needs manual labeling of files.
- Gathered all the stakeholder approvals, necessary sign-offs while acting as a release manager for two development teams.
- Created analytical matrix reports, dashboards for release services based on Rally tickets. The above docs are being used as the guide for manual build and deployment process, in case the automated scripts break (emergencies).
- Created a complete release process doc, which explains all the steps involved in the release process.