Seeking a responsible role as a Software Quality Assurance/Test Lead/Business Analyst.
- 20 years of experience as a Software Quality Assurance/Test lead with a strong background in testing, development, and web services within an enterprise to facilitate role - based and controlled access.
- Demonstrated experience leading a software test team.
- Demonstrated experience creating automated test scripts and building client side test suite using Selenium.
- Demonstrated experience with Agile Software Development Methodology and develop test schedules.
- Demonstrated experience exhibiting analytical skills; creating test cases and associated technical documentation.
- Demonstrated experience creating and maintaining test discrepancy reports.
- Demonstrated experience with industry standard both manual and automated testing tools, practices and software. Also demonstrated experience with the COTS products.
- Demonstrated experience exhibiting technical writing and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience working independently as well as in a team environment.
- Actively participate in project meetings during software development life-cycle and test applications for compliance with upgrades;
- Ensure new software modifications meet requirements and operate satisfactorily in the system environment;
- Possess an ability to write clear, concise and effective correspondence, test plans and results, procedures and scenarios in accordance with customer policies.
- Experience in process definition, analysis, design, implementation, requirements definition and mapping, test strategy, plan definition, scenario, script development and management of UAT execution.
Technologies: Soap and Restful Web Services, Amazon AWS, Cloud, SOAP UI 4.0, QTP 10.x/ 9.5/9.0/8.0, Selenium Server 2.x, Selenium IDE 1.3, SoapUI Pro 4.x, Data warehousing Testing, ETL Testing, Mobile Application Testing, JUnit, JIRA, Test Directory 7.6/5.0, Quality Center 10.0/9.x, IBM Clear Quest, Test Manager, SharePoint, Site Scope. Oracle11g/10g/9i, SQL Server 2000, DB2, MySQL, MS-Access, Sybase, XML, HTML 4.0, DHTML, CSS, SQL, VB, VBA,VB Script, Java Script, Groovy 1.8/1.7, XML, Web Services(SOAP and RESTful ), Eclipse, MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Power Point
ERP: PeopleSoft, Oracle tools
Case Tools: Power Designer, Embarcadero, Erwin, Rational Suite and System Architect.
Hardware: IBM Compatible PC's, SUN Sparc Station IPX, Macintosh.
Operating Systems: Windows 8/NT/2000/XP, MS-DOS 6.0, UNIX, Linux, Ubuntu, RHEL, CentOS, VAX/VMS, Macintosh.
Senior Quality Assurance Lead
- responsible for developing manual and automated test cases based on product requirements, and review tests with developers/peers.
- Execute functional, acceptance, regression and scalability testing in a distributed environment.
- Prepare and maintain functional/ technical systems documentation, test scenarios, test cases and test plans. Execute manual and automated functional test cases for software releases and builds. Verify all assigned test cases are designed, entered, and reviewed. Prepare and maintain test environment for testing. Verify all issues are logged, retested at all builds, and regresses at final builds. Analyze and provide feedback in testing reviews. Perform analysis of automated performance and scalability tests.
- As a Senior Software Test lead for Concur, worked with GSA to create a travel application for the government travel management.
- My role is to implement Software QA process/tools and development methodologies including Agile-Scrum, testing, bug-finding, trouble-shooting, reporting, and problem solving, establishing and maintaining follow up systems for timely and accurate handling of information requests, reading, analyzing, and interpreting the complex documents, and markup languages, XML, and Test Driven Development methodologies and practical applications. Utilize test technologies and utilities to automate Application testing and validation.
- Perform manual and automated test case maintenance, test environment maintenance and test deployment for Concur government travel management.
- Extensive experience with Software Quality Assurance Testing on GUI based Client-Server & Web Based applications, ETL, Web Services, Data Driven Applications, Data Warehousing projects using Manual and Automated testing procedures.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Quality Assurance/Performance Test Lead
- Supported testing activities on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Participated in requirement review sessions to gain high level understanding of the requirements.
- Provided input/clarification from a testing perspective.
- Created templates for Test Plan, Test Cases and Defect Reports that are generic templates to be utilized across projects.
- Documented the Test Plan document. Conducted review with the project team to gather input.
- Responsible for peer reviewing and providing guidance to test team members for testing best practices, methodology.
- Ensured that the test plans, test case documents are documented as per the templates.
Quality Assurance Lead
Environment: DB2, Oracle, Java, MicroStrategy, Webmethods, Doors, Quality Center, Clearcase, Clearquest, Informatica, ETL, Unix, Webmethods, SQL, Stored Procedures, Excel Reports.
- For Release 1.0 code done the Regression Testing and for 2.0 code involved CR’s and deferred defects done in the Progression Testing. Guided the team in driving the automation scripts in automating test cases.
- Sent the daily dashboard to the team by COB each day during Test execution and attended daily status meetings.
- Tracked defects in Clearquest and discussed/communicated the issues to the project team (Project Manager, Developers, System Analyst, Test team) offshore (Schamburgh) by setting up Conference calls.
- Provided remediation to internal and external auditors who have audited the project.
- Written complex SQL scripts and mocked the test data to test the Retention period.
- Tracked the defects in Clearquest and discussed/communicated the issues to the project team (Project Manager, Developers, System Analyst, Test team) offshore (Schamburgh) by setting up Conference calls and webex if needed.
- Provided LOEs to the Project Manager.
- Created Test Strategy, Test Plan for Release 3.0 and reviewed with the team. Organized weekly status meetings.
- Trained new testers in understanding the BRS, Datamart, ETL concepts and Helped the team to navigate in writing Test cases and helped testers in writing complex SQL’s based on the business rules.
- Created mockup data as needed by getting the data from production and manipulating the data to test the positive and negative scenarios.
- Created the Testcases and executed them and Mapped the requirements and Test cases to Doors.
- Ran the ETL’s during the Test execution and verified the data in the source and target tables.
- In the Microstrategy Reports - tested the style and formats, fields mapping to metrics, validated static and ad-hoc reports.
- Logged in the defects in the Clearquest and sent the status to the team each day during Test execution.
- Created Test Strategy, Test Plan along with acceptance criteria, PAT Testcases for the Business users.
- Done TRR and executed Test scripts, Developed the RTM mapping to requirements, design, change requests to Testcases, Gave demos of the new application to the business users.
- Provided daily status to the team during test execution, Helped business users while doing PAT testing.
- Developed the Test log as and when we had issues and tracked the loss of time.
- Developed the Star report, done the review with the team and got the necessary signoffs from the Director and VP.
- Created test cases, test scripts and sql scripts for Fact and Dimension tables.
- Created End to End Flow chart that guided the whole team. Created STAR report and provided to the Manager. Followed the run book and done SIT execution.
- Created defects in Clear Quest and Ran automation scripts in Rational Robot.
- Developed requirements traceability matrix and mapped the requirements to the test cases from Test Manager in DOORS.
- Developed the work plan and System Test Plan.
- Identified data and created Data Spreadsheet and Executed Test Scripts manually and tracked defects in the Clear Quest.
Environment: DB2, Oracle, Microstrategy, Hyperion, DOORs, Clearcase, Clear Quest, Linux, Apache, MySQL, Perl, Unix, DB2, Java, Unix, Sybase, Doors, Rational Manager, Rational Robot, Peoplesoft 8.0, Crystal Reports, ETL
Confidential, Arlington, VA
Quality Assurance Lead
- responsible for identifying Functional Requirements, Test Planning, Test Development, Test Execution, Defect Tracking, Load Testing and Analysis of Software Development Phases using tools such as SQA Suite and Silk Performer (Segue).
- Test specific software builds, evaluate results, generate custom reports for quick and easy analysis of test progress and coverage using SQA Manager, specify and manage defects, generate reports to evaluate testing progress. Also responsible for load testing using SQA SiteCheck and Silk Performer to identify broken links, failed connections, URL redirections and setting benchmarks.
- Worked on corporate systems for Confidential .