- 6+ Years of experience as a Business Analyst & Quality Assurance Engineer in Manual and Automation testing of Web based applications.
- Extensive experience in Manual Testing and Automation Testing using QTP 10.0 and 11.2.
- Hands on experience in Selenium Web Driver with Java using TestNG framework.
- Experienced Test Analyst in Guidewire PolicyCenter, ClaimCenter.
- Extensive experience in Agile methodology of software development by actively participating in sprint, planning meetings, effort Estimations for Sprints, daily scrums and retrospective feedback sessions.
- Expertise in gathering business requirements and translating them to understandable IT Systems requirements/user stores.
- Expertise inSoftware Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Test Life Cyclefrom project definition to post - deployment.
- Hands on experience in effectively utilizing the Test Management/Automation tools - Quality Center/ALM/QTP and defect tracking tools - Clear Quest, Scrum, Jira.
- Extensive work experience on System testing, Regression testing, Functional Testing, Smoke Testing, Black Box Testing, Gray Box Testing, Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing.
- Experience in doing white box testing. Including running basic SQL queries, analyzing the log files.
- Integrating with manual testing processes to allow a seamless transition from manual testing to automation testing
- Developed and Worked on Data driven, Keyword Driven and Hybrid framework using QTP/UFT.
- Hands on experience in effectively utilizing the Test Management tools such as Quality Center/ALM,
- Defect tracking tool Clear Quest, Scrum, Jira.
- Experience in Mobile testing for both iOS and Android devices.
- Proficient in all aspects of Web Based Application Testing
- Excellent Analytical Skills, exceptional logic and problem solving skills.
- Excellent understanding of insurance end to end flow.
- Maintaining a strategic focus for the project with frequent interaction with the business analyst and the client to ensure a balance between the immediate project needs and the long term goals of the company.
- Ensuring that the right solution is developed and delivered to meet Company’s quality standard, and contract requirements
- Adapted well to changing environments and managed multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated strong responsibility for timely delivery of high-quality products.
Languages: JAVA, VB Script, SQL, C++, C#
Database: SQL Server, MS Excel, MS Access
Automated Testing Tools: Quick Test Professional, Excel Macro, Selenium IDE, RC, Webdriver
Operating Systems: Windows 7/XP/2000/98/ NT
Defect Tracking & Test Management Tools: JIRA, SCRUM, Hp Quality Centre and Rational Clear Quest, Microsoft Test Manager, Bugzilla, Test Link, Team Foundation Server, RTC, Microsoft Test Manager.
Device testing: Blackberry, IPad, IPod, htc Mobile, Samsung galaxy, Samsung Tab.
Domain skills: Media & Entertainment, Insurance
Senior Test Analyst
Confidential, San Antonio, Texas
- Gather the data required for reporting, Source to target mapping for Auto Insurance.
- Verifying data extraction, transformation as per requirement and expectation.
- Extensively used SQL for retrieving data used for the data warehouse, Data Driven Test to validate the same scenario with different test data
- Written SQL queries for database verification and validation of tables which were loaded through ETL process.
- Developed Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Test Scripts.
- Designed regression test suite to perform regression testing after every release.
- Worked on Defect analysis, Defect tracking and retesting.
- Gathered the requirements for Auto Insurance Redesign (AIR). Defect Tracking, Defect Analysis.
- Gathered the requirements to be replicated from other channels or Policy Administration System (PAS).
- Worked closely with Member service representatives (MSR) to get better feedback from the members and their own experience.
- Helped the development team to be in sync with the client requirements and business prospective.
- Helped offshore QA to get better idea of the requirements.
- Analyzed thoroughly the change of requirements from existing PAS to AIR.
- Worked closely with client Business team, sponsors, sales and service team to get ideas for better user experience.
- Using mainframe verified different tables in the database.
- Brain Stormed with other team Business Analyst to get enhancement ideas for other channels.
- Worked with UISpecs team to enhance the horizontal and vertical stability of AIR application.
- Coordinating with offshore, helping them understand the requirements, answering Queries.
Environment: Windows operating systems, VB Script, SQL, Excel, Excel Macro, RTC, Selenium2 (WebDriver) C#,Mastercraft.
Senior Test Analyst
Confidential, Lincoln, RI
- Played the Key role in development of BPT Framework for PolicyCenter to fetch data directly from ALM, which in turn would be maintained by manual team to aid Automation scripts maintenance.
- Identifying test scenarios from the User stories. Preparing Test Cases and preparing test data for the purpose of validating. Execution of End to End Test cases in Quality Center.
- Defect Logging and Tracking (Using Clear Quest and HP Quality Center/ALM).
- Preparing manual test cases for Business process Flow. Reviewing test cases designed by peers.
- Executing end to end Business process Flow test cases, regression test scripts.
- Preparing and executing Test Scripts in QTP/UFT.
- Designing BPT, Identifying and scripting components.
- Replaced fixed values with parameters, to check the functionality of the application with multiple sets of data.
- Work in the agile development with frequently changing requirements and features of the web application.
- Providing automation effort estimations.
- Maintenance of QTP/ UFT scripts with new requirements.
- Creating customized QTP/UFT reports.
- Performing smoke test for multiple environments after every deployment.
- Onshore and Offshore Co-Ordination and status update.
- Worked with SharePoint to keep Execution Trackers updated.
- Experience with Continuous Integration.
- Prepared the Regressing tracker and keep it updated after every regression cycle or QC execution.
- Work independently and also guide the team on Automation.
- Working experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server TFS, Test Manager MTM and Lab Manager.
Environment: Windows operating systems, Quick Test Professional, HP Quality Center, HP- ALM 11.25, VB Script, SQL, Automation(QTP/UFT ), Excel Macro, Clear Quest, Guidewire PolicyCenter, Guidewire ClaimCenter, Team Foundation Server(TFS), Test Dataflow DocumentationMicrosoft Test Manager
System Tester (Database)
- Understanding Business requirements and functionality of Application
- Participated in Requirement Analysis and Project Review Meetings.
- Developed Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Test Scripts, and Test Data
- Performing different testing such as System testing, Integration testing, Smoke testing, regression testing at different phases of testing cycle
- Experienced developer with Visual Studio 2012 and Kinect for Windows SDK 1.6.
- Supporting UAT phase issues.
- Processing of meta-data as input in XML files format by different formats (i.e. Print Parcel, Content list, CAR, Index).
- Verification of the correct data storage in appropriate location in database in all the steps using SQL queries.
- Using Putty, running oracle financial interfaces and tracking the exceptions from services, process and portal logs.
- Done white box testing. Including running basic SQL queries, analyzed the XML log files.
- Analysis and estimation of Change Request.
- Review the change requests, do a feasibility analysis and give approval for code changes. Suggest if there are any gaps and/or modifications required.
- Update test plan document and submit document for business approval. Implement revisions and comments.
- Perform Regression testing on the deliverables.
- Attending Status meetings with client, interacting with Dev team & perform triage calls and Handling the deliverables.
- Developing and Maintaining Test Scripts, analyzing bugs and interacting with development team members in fixing the defects.
- Reviewed requirements from automation perspective to list the test cases that need to be automated.
Environment: Windows operating systems, XML, Mercury Quality Center, Scrum, SQL, Excel Macro, Putty/ Poderosa, Filezilla, Microsoft Test Manager, MS Visual Studio Coded UI
Confidential, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Primary responsibilities included analyzing old jobs, preparing test cases for manual and automation and updating them as per requirement/design change.
- Testing the Application on different browsers and their different versions.
- Preparing automation script using IDE and execution Selenium RC framework.
- Development experience in Selenium Web Driver with Java using TestNG framework.
- Experienced with Web API testing.
- Executing manual test cases before every release in sanity testing, regression testing and smoke testing.
- Reporting the bugs in a very clear manner in bug tracking tools and expertise in dealing with different bug tracking systems.
- Actively participated in Status reporting meetings, and interacted with Development team to discuss the technical issues.
- Handled Device testing before and after every new build of Confidential mobile application using: Blackberry, IPad, IPod, htc Mobile, Samsung galaxy, Samsung Tab.
- Reporting client, on-shore and off-shore leads, on everyday status of module and sending deliverables.
- Providing KT to the new joiners of the team.
- Coordinating with the Development team to discuss issues, Customer requirements and providing valuable inputs from an end user perspective.
Environment: Scrum, Jira, Rational Clear Quest, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Microsoft Excel, Excel Macro, Windows Operating Explorer, Java