- Over 7 years of experience in the field of Information Technology, Specialized in Software Quality Assurance and Implementation of QA Methodologies on both Client/Server and Web based applications.
- Working towards client and company satisfaction, completing tasks by fulfilling the requirements scheduled within the deadlines, with dedicated effort, motivation and team spirit.
- Experienced in all aspects of testing processes includes Planning, Preparation, Execution and Completion.
- Specialized in system study and testing Health Care applications developed on various technologies such as Facets, QNXT, J2EE, JSP, Java, SharePoint, VB.Net, Oracle and SQL Server on Windows NT/2000/XP and UNIX environments
- Extensively involved in Verification and Validation for both Web based on Client server applications.
- Having very good Experience in Unit Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, System testing, UAT.
- Having experience in design and execution of Test Plans, Test Scenarios and Test Cases based on the requirements for the applications.
- Proficient in bug tracking/test management tools like Team Track, Quality Center and Clear Quest
- Experience in testing web services via SOAP, using the open source testing tool SoapUI
- Understanding of the EDI transaction sets 837, 835 and standards on data exchange process in the Healthcare Industry between various covered entities. Knowledge of ICD - 9 & ICD -10 codes for diagnosis and procedures.
- Expert in HIPAA Transactions testing and in-depth knowledge of HIPAA framework (Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act) rules for ANSI X12 messages 837P/I, 835, 276/277, 270/271, 278, TA1 and 997 in 4010A1 Standards.
- Excellent in understanding Business Requirements, Functional Specifications and Technical Specifications.
- Knowledge of Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodology, UML, QA Validations to ensure the Quality standards, Quality Assurance Life Cycle (QALC) and QA Methodologies.
- Expertise in testing Enrollment, Billing and claims processing in FACETS
- Worked on pre authorization of Claims in FACETS and Knowledge of ICD-9, CPT, REV codes.
- Expertise in Implementing Configuration and Change management and Versioning tools like VSS, CVS, Clear Case and Pro Track, PVCS Tracker and Version Manager.
- Having very good understanding of Software Development lifecycle, QA methodologies and strategies.
- Interacted with developers in fixing the defects by verifying the logs and databases in a lot of occasions.
- Very good team player and also have ability to work independently in time sensitive environment.
Testing Tools: Selenium, Load Runner, Quality Center, Clear Quest.
Technologies: JSP, Java Servlets, XML
Methodologies: RUP, OOAD and UML, Structured Analysis/Design, ERD
Source: Code Control Visual SourceSafe, CVS, PVCS, share point Operating Systems: Windows9x/00/XP, Windows NT, UNIX
Database: MS Access, SQL Server, Oracle, TOAD
Office Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project
Confidential, Nashville, TN
- Discuss the enhancements and modifications with the Project Team
- Analyzed the Functional specifications and requirement documents to categorize the units for Manual and Automation Testing
- Involved in developing Test Plan and created Test Cases as per the business requirements in Quality center
- Created automation scripts for Regression testing using Quick Test Pro (QTP).
- Enhanced the scripts by creating Actions, Checkpoints, Synchronization points and data driven test in Quick Test Pro (QTP).
- Developed test cases for all 835, 276, 277 Transactions.
- Extensively involved in developing test cases, creating test data and executing the test cases for the UNIX batch jobs.
- Used Mercury Quality center to track, analyze, and log the defects to report them to developers.
- Used SOAP UI for web services testing.
- Validated 835, 276, 277, Institutional and Professional HIPAA Transaction sets and X12 messages
- Compared the parser generated XML claim data with slicer generated CU files to validate the claim match.
- Reported the project status and activities to the Supervisor on weekly basis.
- Involved in preparing the Test cases, Test data in Quality Center for Report Repository upgrade.
Environment: Windows 2000/XP, Java, Eclipse (JDBC, log4j, quartz), UNIX, Oracle 9i/10g, Toad, Secure CRT, SOAP UI, Secure FX, MS office, Mercury Quality Center.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
- Developed Test Plans, Test Cases to test the Screens and workflows for Quality Assurance.
- Expert in writing test scripts manually. Involved in testing the applications on iphone and Ipad on software version 4.0 to 5.0.
- Worked with the business users in order to understand and document test scenarios related to critical business process/features/workflows regarding the web application.
- Created and managed system testing schedule. Verifying Bug reports and updating/posting the bugs in bug tracker Atlassian JIRA™ the Professional Issue Tracker .
- Running smoke tests and daily health checks in QA environment to ensure services are up and running
- Running queries against databases to verify the correctness of XML response
- Document request/response XML's, test procedures and functional/technical findings from the test run
- Defects Reporting and Web Services Test Results Reporting. Participated in Demo meetings for demonstrating the project after each sprint and also after the entire project is completed where CEO, EAT Team, Marketing Team, Product Owners and entire IT team was involved.
- Provided test team status reports on weekly basis to the project manager
- Reviewed extensive SQL Queries with complex multi-table joins and nested queries.
- Involved in reviewing complex SQL queries, views, functions and stored procedures and spotting issues before/during code migration.
- Created and maintained SQL Scripts to perform back-end testing on the oracle database.
- Performed Database testing using SQL queries
- Created and executed scripts in QTP for Functionality testing.
- Executed automated test cases in QTP and reported defects in Quality Center.
- Conducted GUI, Backend, Data Driven and Security Testing.
- Conducted regression testing on new builds/versions.
- Tested various ad-hoc and canned reports as a part of crystal reports testing.
- Created automation scripts in QTP and made a suite of scripts when needed.
- Used object spy to know the properties of the object which helped me in writing my QTP script
- Developed and executed test cases test Scenarios and followed-up defects using Quality Center.
- Tracked defects using Quality Center.
- Arranged weekly team meeting to assign testing tasks and acquisition of status reports from individual team members.
- Conducted Bug review meeting to discuss resolution of issues
Environment: HP Quality Center, Manual Testing Methods, QTP, Crystal report, Regression Testing, System Testing, HP Service Test, Java, HTML, Oracle, Share Point
Confidential, Tampa, FL
EDI QA Tester
- Managed requirements using Requirements tab in Quality center.
- Analyzed the business requirements and wrote a Test Strategy and Test Plan.
- We have followed Rational Unified Process (RUP) throughout the Process of application.
- Analyzed Functional specifications and requirement documents and identified gaps.
- Created test Cases as per the business requirements and executed them.
- Developed Test Plans, Test Cases in Test Plan tab in Quality Center.
- Involved in writing and implementation of the various test cases and test scripts.
- Involved in Manual testing and automation testing using Mercury Suite.
- Tested application performance with a tools like SOAPUI
- Experienced in Black Box Testing.
- Involved in Integration, System, functional, GUI, Regression and User acceptance Testing.
- Tested the data conversion from Legacy systems to Facets.
- Tested the add/update/delete of members, providers, groups, facilities and hospitals in Facets.
- Validated the HIPPA/EDI transactions.
- Validated XML files as per requirements and XML XSD’s.
- Tested the claims processing and Adjudication (EDI 837I, 837P, 837D & EDI 835).
- Interacted with developers, Business & Management Teams and End Users.
- Interacted with programmers to identify and resolve technical issues.
- Participated in Walkthrough and defect report meetings periodically.
- Developed SQL queries to extract data from the source tables.
- Extensively worked on Defects tab in Test Director for bug reporting/tracking.
- Involved in bug review meetings.
Environment: Diamond, Facets,ASP.NET, VB.NET, C#, SQL SERVER 2000, IIS, XML, Mainframes TSO, JCL, DB2, Cobol, CICS, MQ Series, Facets, Lotus Notes, SOAP UI,UNIX, Windows 2000, Mercury Quick Test Pro*, Quality Center.
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
- Developing Test Plan with a Test Strategy for the System testing. Instrumental in creating design and framework for automation.
- Analyzed the business and functional requirements of the application and also helped in developing detailed test plan and test cases.
- Defined the test criteria, project schedules and base lined the Test Plan with the help of project meetings and walkthroughs.
- Helping development team in defining the scope for Unit testing. Although Unit testing is not in the scope of QA efforts but QA team helped delivery team in putting a process in place for Unit testing activities.
- Backend testing of the DB by writing PL/SQL queries to test the integrity of the application.
- Involved in testing various New Policies, Amendments, Renewals, and Cancellations etc.
- Involved in end-to-end testing from Quick Quote to the policy activation in both frond end application and in the mainframe.
- Research in design methods to create scenarios for adequate test coverage.
- Performed database validation in the Mainframe to ensure the data entered through the frond end reached the database.
- Created reports using Mercury Interactive Test Director
- Tested and verified coverage/s including Rental Reimbursement, Towing, Medical limits, Medical coverage premiums, bodily injuries etc.
- Tested the various coverage premiums such as Liability only, Comprehensive and Collision, Comprehensive only, Collision only etc. and verified the calculations based on the premium.
- Worked on documenting Master QA Strategy (a new template per ESDM guidelines). Defining the QA tasks for Java and data intensive projects. Customizing the scope of various QA activities based on nature of projects.
- Developed Shell Scripts to automate loading processes
- Writing shell scripts to run batch processes and to run Oracle background\Processes
- Extensively involved in the automation of Regression Test Cases by scripting.
- Worked on ‘Segmentation Rule Analysis’ document, which will be made as a QA artifact and will be used as a KS tool (Knowledge Session) tool for any new team member.
- Worked on creating a document on putting a process in place for incorporating Sarbanes - Oxley act to mock up real production data in case of volume testing.
- Actively involved in Source Driven Testing, Target Driven Testing, Business Cycle Testing, Business Scenario Testing and Data Integration Testing.
- Worked on different database like Oracle to check the data consistency.
- Involved in the Production Validation for each Release Project and also took part in postproduction support.
- Hand on experience on different SQL tools like QueryMan was used to test the complex queries.
Environment: J2EE, Java Weblogic Server, UNIX, Web Services Clear Quest, Oracle 8i, XML, HTML, DHTML, PL SQL, Windows NT, Mainframes, QTP, Mercury Tools (Win Runner 7.0, Quick Test, Test Director 7.0/7.5, Load Runner 6.5/7.0, Quick Test Pro 6.5, Quality Center 9.0), NT/00, XML