- A highly competent and results oriented Automation Test Engineer with 5+ years of experience in Software Testing.
- Expertise in writing Selenium WebDriver automation scripts in JAVA for highly transactional Telecom, and E - commerce websites.
- Designed and implemented different automation frameworks from starch like Page Objects framework, Data Driven framework and Hybrid framework for a number of projects.
- Expertise in Selenium automation using Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, JAVA, TestNG& Maven.
- Extensive knowledge in of JAVA object oriented programming language concepts like Abstraction, Polymorphism, Inheritance and Encapsulation.
- Expertise in automating Mobile Application using Appium for iOS and Android.
- Executed automation scripts on different browsers/environments & reported defects/results to the team.
- Maintained the Selenium & JAVA automation code and resources in source controls like GitHub, SVN over the time for improvements and new features.
- Excellent experience of build tools like Maven and managing JAVA automation projects using them.
- Firm knowledge of different phases of Software Testing and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Agile Methodology and Waterfall.
- Implemented and Selenium Grid for various application with various combination of OS and Browsers.
- Experienced in Web and mobile testing including GUI Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, and Functional Testing.
- Experienced in Service oriented Architecture and testing Web services.
- Good knowledge in Software Development Life Cycle, Testing Life Cycle and Defect Life Cycle.
- Experienced in both manual testing and Automation testing using testing tools such as QTP, Quality Center, and Test Director.
- Experienced in Back-End testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing SQL queries.
- Wrote complex SQL query by joining multiple tables according business logic for data validation
- Strong knowledge on Web Service & Hands on experience in validating Web Services using SOAP-UI Pro
- Extensive knowledge and experience in managing large projects/programs involving onsite-offshore delivery model.
- Ability to perform independent preliminary analysis of User, Functional and Business requirements and develop effective solutions to satisfy user requirements.
- Experienced in developing Test Plans, Test Cases, and Test Scripts based on user needs, specifications and systems need documents.
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center/ALM, HP LoadRunner, HP QuickTestPro, Junit, TestNG, SOAPUI, Appium
Data Bases: SQL Server 2003/2008/2012 , MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS Access
Operating Systems: Windows 7/8, Windows Server 2008/2012, UNIX (Ubuntu), MAC, DOS, Android OS, iOS, Windows OS
Software Packages: Eclipse, Maven, ANT, Jenkins, MS Visual Studio 2008/2012, Microsoft Visio
Version Control: GitHub, SVN
Confidential, New York, NY
- Implemented automation using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, Selenium Grid, Cucumber, Maven.
- Extensively automated regression and functional test suites using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, testNG.
- Implemented Page Objects framework, Hybrid framework to accommodate multiple applications
- Configured Maven for JAVA automation projects and developed Maven project object model (POM).
- Used Maven, Selenium Grid to execute Selenium automation suites on different platform, browser combinations in parallel.
- Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing behaviors and step definitions. Developed required Selenium support code in JAVA for Cucumber.
- Wrote SQL queries extensively, queried database and generated test reports.
- Performed Defect Tracking & Management in ALM. Generated automated daily reports using TestNG as primary reporting tool.
- Worked in a highly dynamic AGILE environment and participated in scrum and sprint meetings.
- Assisted Manager by providing automation strategies, Selenium Automation and TestNG reports.
- Identified weaknesses in QA Processes, Web testing, Selenium Automation. Suggested & implemented improvements.
- Identified modules that were impacted by various Change Requests.
- Created progress reports to ensure appropriate test coverage and results.
- Coordinated with development engineers to create and review test specifications, test coverage, defect discovery and resolution.
- Conducted Bug Review meetings for update on defects from development team and retesting of bug fix.
Environment: Environments: ASP. NET, ADO.Net, MVC4, IIS7/8, Java, Tomcat6/7, SSIS, SSRS, HTML, XML, CSS, Windows, Mac OS, iOS, SOAP and Restful Web Services, Maven, ANT, GitHub, Jenkins, SQL Server Management Studio 2008 R2/2012, Visual Studio 2012/2013 Ultimate, Eclipse, HP Quality Center/ALM 11.52, Selenium, TestNG
Confidential, Bellevue, WA
QA Automation Engineer
- Automated System testing for trading transactions, exchange operations and payment methods using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA.
- Developed, executed and maintained Selenium automation scripts for web applications.
- Developed Hybrid automation framework in JAVA by using Page Objects framework.
- Used Selenium Grid, TestNG test scripts to run automated test cases in parallel on multiple environments.
- Assisted on Load and Stress testing by developing Load Runner scripts to find out effective Web/App server configurations for best performance levels.
- Extensively performed Database testing using Selenium. Generated Production DB reports using SQL queries.
- Reported/tracked defects in ALM. Training other team members on selenium framework design and functionality.
- Provided different build reports, Selenium automation reports, and Performance testing reports to Senior Management.
- Worked effectively with Developers, AGILE Team and Project Management to achieve Selenium automation, high quality, release deadlines and QA processes improvements.
- Reported software defects and worked with business analysts and developers to resolve technical/functional issues.
- Designed custom views for management as well as SMEs to track Design and Change management in the projects.
Environment: ASP. NET, MVC4, IIS7/8, Java, Tomcat6/7, SSIS, SSRS, HTML, XML, CSS, Windows, Mac OS, iOS, SOAP and Restful Web Services, Maven, ANT, GitHub, Jenkins, Selenium, TestNG, SQL Server Management Studio 2003/2008, Eclipse, SOAP-UI, HP Quality Center/ALM11.51, HP LoadRunner 11.0
Confidential, Long Island city, NY
Software Quality Assurance Tester
- Responsible for developing test plans and test cases for GUI and functionality testing of the website and cross browser compatibility.
- Wrote test plans for positive and negative scenarios for Functional, and GUI testing.
- Conducted walkthrough of the test plan with Development and Design Teams.
- Written the test cases and test steps in QC.
- Involved in Functionality and Security testing of the User Authentication.
- Involved in testing the account details screen and statements screen for credit card consumers.
- Document test activities and archives data for investigative and historical use.
- Performed Functionality testing which involves verification of results with the available data.
- Addressing the clarifications asked for the bugs posted, if required by the customer.
- Interacted with developers regarding priority & severity of bugs and update the status once they are fixed.
- Experience in creating performance test scripts and configuration of performance tests using Load Runner.
- Primary engineer responsible for automated test design and any improvements in test automation framework.
- In SCRUM process, tested feature by feature, verified Table Structures, Procedures, Packages, Web Services, Data Validation and Front End testing.
- Worked closely with other testers and developers to improve automated framework with bug fixes and feature request using QTP.
- Reporting the QA status to the Project Team daily/weekly basis.
- Participated in improving the departments QA processes and procedures.
- Worked closely with the various project teams in a team environment.
Environment: Windows XP/7.0, Perforce, Oracle 10g, SQL, UNIX, TOAD, VB Scripting, SOAP-UI, Java Scripting, QTP, QC 10, Java, Spring Framework, JEE, JSP, JDBC, XML, Struts, MVC, Tomcat, Load Runner 10 and HTML.