- Over 8+ years’ experience in the Testing with diversified skills in Manual and automated testing of Client/Serer and Web based applications on Windows, seeking for an Automation Engineer QA Analyst position.
- Domains: Banking, Healthcare, Telecom domains.
- Good exposure to all the phases of the Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC) mainly Agile methodology (SCRUM),Software Testing Life Cycle(STLC) and Bug Life Cycle
- Experience in Agile Methodology and worked with the Product owner and participated in all the meetings and worked on a tools called ALM and JIRA.
- Automating web application using Selenium WebDriver.
- Implemented BDD Frame work using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, Junit, TestNG, GitHub Build management tools like MAVEN
- Strong experience of OOPs concepts.
- Experience in developing the Automation scripts using IDEtools like Eclipse
- Experience in using version control software like GitHub.
- Good experience in Web Services testing using SOAPUI, XML, & WSDL, WADL. Providing required input data to request XML & get the required data from response XML & use the response data from other request XML using SOAPUI.
- Experience in building Continuous Integration/Delivery automation solutions for each product/project via Jenkins
- Experience in writing SQL queries using Joins, Views, Select, Update
- Experience in Design, Development and Executing testcases from User Stories/Work Items
- Profound working knowledge in Quality Center.
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent work ethics, self - motivated and willing to learn and adapt new technologies/ any environment
Methodologies: Agile (Scrum) and Waterfall
Software Testing: Functional, Database, Security, Performance, Desktop Applications, Windows and Web Services.
Technical Leadership: Estimations, Project Planning and Project Scheduling, Project Execution, Task Assignment, Tracking and Status Reporting, Risk tracking and Management, Team Coordination and working with various Cross Functional Teams, Impact Analysis, Change Management, Agile, Waterfall and Prototype Models
Testing tools: Selenium (, Selenium Web Driver, Cucumber, TestNG, JUnit, UFT/QTP, SOAPUI and Gherkin
Test Build & Integration Tools: Maven.
Programming Languages: Core JAVA, C++
Databases: MYSQL, Oracle.
Testing Frameworks: BDD Framework.
Other tools: Jira, Rally, Bugzilla, Quality Center, Auto IT, Eclipse, FireBug and Fire Path.
Load And Performance test frameworks: Jmeter
Mobile Test Frameworks and services: Appium
Automation tools: Cucumber, JUnit, TestNG
Web services: SOAP and RESTAPI web services testing
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome
Markup Languages: HTML, CSS, XML, XPath, CSS Selector
Operating Systems: UNIX, WINDOWS.
MS Office Tools: Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access
- Reviewed the Business Requirements Document, Functional Specifications Document and Technical Documentation.
- Created automation test scripts using Appium mobile automation tool.
- Configured and customized Appium tool setting to execute mobile automation test scripts.
- Created automation test scripts using Appium mobile automation tool
- Interacted with the Project Manager, Business Analysts and Developers to understand the application design and functional specifications.
- Involved in writing and making enhancements to the test plan, test cases and test scripts for Functional testing.
- Developed Test Scripts to implement Test Cases, Test Scenarios, and features for BDD (Behavior Driven Development), TDD (Test Driven Development) using Cucumber. Experience in Expanding BDD Scenarios in cucumber using Gherkin Language.
- Performed BDD (Behavior Driven Development) using Cucumber Features, Scenarios and Step Definitions in Gherkins format.
- Developed Functions and Sub Procedures, saved them in library files and used them whenever required.
- Participated in Planning and the daily standup meetings as part of the agile team; attended grooming sessions and Retrospectives.
- Performed Smoke testing, Sanity testing, System Health Check before beginning to test officially, Functional testing, Cross-Browser testing, Regression testing, Manual and Automated testing, Integration testing, Back-end validation testing and End to end testing.
- Tested various HTTP Request and Response APIs using object-oriented scripts.
- Analyzed Business Requirements and Design Documents to get a better understanding of the system from a technical and business perspective.
- Documented the Bugs in JIRA.
- Involved in preparing master Test plan and Test Scenarios using Quality Center and Team Track.
- Responsible for preparing Test case Spread sheet, Test Cases and executing the test cases and document the results
- Extensively involved in preparing test cases, test conditions and test scripts for manual testing using MS-Word.
- Created reports in Excel by querying data from Access database for analysis
- Wrote use cases to capture business requirement.
- Involved in documenting and running the scripts in JIRA.
- Strong Understanding of Scrum and Agile Methodologies
- Involved in writing the scripts from scratch and enhancing the scripts based on requirements.
- Worked with various checkpoints & recovery scenarios for error handling.
- Worked as a team member in Scrum team
- Developed and involved in both Manual Testing.
- Participated in all Scrum Ceremonies like Daily Scrum, planning, retrospective etc.
- Identified the correct web elements uniquely by using different types by locators like Id, Name, Link Text, CSS, DOM, and XPath.
- Helped developer in Unit testing business layer logic
- Involved in Backend Integration Testing and Wrote SQL queries to retrieve test data
- Involved in user acceptance test plan. Provided UAT test cases for the client to verify before deploying the application into production
- Designed and executed test cases for new modules of the application including Linux and Web-based applications
- Evaluate and analyze Business Requirements, Functional Specification documents.
- Worked within the Cloud for integration processes
- Developed and executed test plans, test cases and test matrices utilizing QA best practices and standards.
- Worked in Agile environment, with an ability to accommodate and test the newly proposed changes Confidential any point of time during the release.
- Involved in designing and implementing of BDD Frame work to be used with Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed Test cases manually
- Developed Test Scripts to implement Test Cases, Test Scenarios, and features for BDD (Behavior Driven Development) using Cucumber. Experience in Expanding BDD Scenarios in cucumber using Gherkin Language.
- Performed BDD (Behavior Driven Development) using Cucumber Features, Scenarios and Step Definitions in Gherkins format.
- Used Maven for building the Eclipse project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Involved in complete QA Life Cycles. Developed and maintained various test cases and test scripts using BDD Frame work, with cucumber tool
- Used Selenium WebDriver for automating of Cross Browser Testing on IE, Firefox, Safari and Chrome.
- Created XML based test suit and integrated with Jenkins Server to execute automation scripts on a regular basis by scheduling Jenkins jobs in different test environments with different test configurations.
- Used automated scripts and performed functionality testing during the various phases of the application development using Selenium.
- Used Selenium tool (selenium IDE is a plug-in to Firefox) to record and playback tests and then export the recorded test in other language e.g. html, Java.
- Involved in Functional Testing as Unit test, Method test, Test Suite, Integration Testing using different Junit frameworks.
- Used Xpath to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Performed Automation for regression using Selenium WebDriver Tested request and response XML's based web services interfaces using Soap UI and inserted Xpath assertions, Created Test suites, Test cases and test steps in SOAP UI Tool
- Used Quality Center and JIRA for bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status.
- Database Testing using SQL Queries with multiple Databases Oracle, DB2, SQL Server and SQL and performed Database testing including data integrity and data validation testing.
- Developed and executed SQL queries to verify the proper insertion, deletion and updates into the Oracle supporting tables and cubes.
Environment: Java, Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Jenkins, SOAP UI, JIRA, Agile, Maven, XPATH, Firebug, HTML, CSS, Eclipse, SQL, Windows.
- Analyzing requirements, test scenarios identification based on Functional and business requirements, User Stories.
- Worked in creation, preparation, and conducted quality assurance reviews and contributed to the development and execution of test plans and test scripts.
- Designed Test Suite, Test Cases, and Test Scenarios for functional modules.
- Performed Functional Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), and Integration Testing using Black Box Testing methodologies.
- Developed and executed automation test scripts that leverage black box testing across functional.
- Performed Cross browser compatibility testing on Chrome, Firefox, IE browsers using TestNG.
- Performed Selenium Synchronization using Explicit& Implicit waits.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Developed automated scripts using Selenium WebDriver, Junit in Eclipse IDE to perform functional and regression testing for web based applications.
- Performed Java coding extensively for POM framework and Keyword Driven Framework by using TestNG framework along with Selenium, Maven. Performed various Cross Browser and Parallel testing on different Platforms using Selenium Grid. Executed test cases using TestNG parameters, data providers, groups and parallel test suites.
- Written automated scripts with XPath to identify web elements such that most of the browsers can be used.
- Implemented Maven Build tool by configuring the POM.xml file with all required Jars and maintained the POM file
- Executed scripts on multiple browsers simultaneously using Selenium Grid.
- Implemented Page Object Model (POM) by creating objects for each page.
- Developed Step definitions for the scenarios defined in the features file and used JUNIT annotations
- Performed testing on Web Services using SOAPUI to check the communication between different services.
- Used Jenkins tool for continuous integration (CI) of the builds.
- Responsible for preparation of Test cycle/progress reports, analysis of defect metrics& implement improvement actions for next iterations.
- Identifying, logging, tracking and escalating bugs using JIRA.
- UsedGatling.io Load Tester in conjunction with New Relic analytics to implement a load test suite that runs alongside with our pre-deployment automation.
- Interacted with the development team to validate the scope of fixing the bugs.
- Reviewed and updated Requirements Traceability Matrices(RTM) that satisfy all required project's test conditions.
Environment: Selenium, Junit, HTML, SQL, SVN, XPath, Jenkins, JIRA, POM, ECLIPSE, TestNG, Microsoft EXCEL, APITESTING, UAT.
- Overall and release activity of an internal Web Content Management application for management of websites.
- Developed and executed application software testing such as functional, integration, and regression testing to ensure the quality of WSI websites and related systems.
- Used Keyword driven using CSS Selectors as a part of Framework. Lead the local and remote QA team in Coordinating QA activities and procedures.Created test cases scripts and plans to support specific software testing objectives, and assist team in creation, review, and finalization of agile stories and story acceptance criteria.
- Developed a responsive web application integrating Bootstrap with Angular JS.
- Created Responsive web design using Angular JS and did data manipulations to display data in company standard format.
- Defined and tracked quality assurance metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results and test status using QC defect tracking system.
- Designed and automated the Web Content Management application using Selenium RC/IDE. Maintained the Selenium scripts for automation. Involved in Web Services Automation Testing.
- Performed Integration testing and End to End testing of the entire application. Participated in quality audits across the various IT functions to ensure quality standards, procedures, and Agile methodologies are being followed.
- Checked for Data integrity while migrating Spectra data into XML. Acted as an internal quality consultant to advice or influence business or technical partners.
- Generated defect reports using QC for issues found during testing, and provided accurate testing status.
- Follow up with Development team on defect resolution. Updating daily status to Release Manager which includes issues, action items, defect status etc.
Environment: Selenium RC and Selenium IDE, Windows & UNIX, QC bug tracking system, MySQL.
- Used Eclipse IDE for Java coding.
- Implemented the MVC model for the web application using Struts framework.
- Involved in the front-end coding using Struts concepts like Action classes, Tiles framework, Dynamic Action Form Beans.
- Used Struts Tiles to design the layout of the pages.
- Involved in programming several JSP tags using Struts Tag lib component, to modularize and stream line web page.
- Created XML files to enable users to access the system.
- Created the stored procedures for inserting and updating the data in the database.
- Developed and implemented the business logic component in middle tier using JDBC andEJBframework including stateless session classes and Entity bean classes.
- Tested and debugged rigorously using JUnit.
- Built the application using ANT.
- Deployed the application on Web Logic Server.
- Involved in the performance tuning sessions and suggested few performance improvement techniques such as caching.
- Used SQL queries to perform the back-end testing on Oracle.
- Conducted regression testing after every new build.
- Worked with users on User Acceptance Testing.
- Involved in tracking and reporting defects using QC and was also responsible for communicating the status to the development team.
- Used HP Quality Center to report defects and test results