- Diligent QA Tester wif about 5+ years of experience in Manual and Automation Testing for desktop, web, mobile and enterprises client/server, n - tier architecture applications.
- Solid knowledge of designing and developing Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Scripts.
- Extensively experienced in manual and automated testing of web-based, client/server and desktop Applications.
- Experienced in preparation of test data for executing various testing me.e. Ad-hoc, Smoke, Integration, Functional, System, End-to-end, Regression, Acceptance, Browser compatibility etc.
- Strong Knowledge of Project life cycle and SDLC methodologies including Waterfall, Agile and RUP.
- Highly experienced in Selenium Web Driver using Java.
- Proven ability in creating automation frameworks using JUnit and TestNG.
- Expert building test automation framework using Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Cucumber, Maven, and Page Factory for Page Object Model (POM).
- Extensively Worked on Creation of Framework Data Driven and Page Object Model Frameworks from Scratch.
- Experience in version control system SVN/GIT maintenance.
- Experience wif Maven/ANT based script to run Selenium Automations.
- Familiar wif Excel for developing Requirements Traceability Matrix for capturing and updating.
- Utilized UFT (Unified Functional Testing tool) aka QTP for automation testing which included record and playback wif parameterization and checkpoints.
- Expertise in development Shell scripts, batch scripts, Python scripts
- Extensive experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) including requirements gathering, risk analysis, project planning, scheduling, testing, defect tracking and reporting.
- Experienced in Bugzilla, HP ALM/ Quality Center, JIRA, MTM and Excel for bug tracking and reporting.
- Test Automation Expert in HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT/QTP) for creating, maintaining, and debugging complex and innovative scripts for frameworks such as Modular, Data-Driven, Keyword-Driven, and Hybrid Framework.
- Used need base SQL queries like select, insert, update, delete and joining multiple tables based on business requirement to conduct backend testing.
- Exposure towards views, triggers, and stored procedures.
- Expertise in automated testing using QTP/UFT, Selenium IDE and Selenium Web Driver/Java.
- Expertise in UFT scripts including HTML Document Object Model (DOM), dynamic parameterization using Data Tables and Database Tables, Excel and File System Objects (FSO) to handle excel and text files, Windows Script Host (WSH), Descriptive programming and Dictionary Objects.
- Experience in creating automation framework using Selenium Web driver using Java language and continuous integration using Jenkins.
- Experience in creating structured automated test scripts using TestNG framework.
- Developed and maintained custom library, error handling, recovery scenarios, reporting methods, descriptive programming and repository management using QTP/UFT for Automation framework.
- Proficient in writing VBScript from scratch using UFT/QTP for functional testing to in corporate new code change and enhancements.
- Experienced in developing QTP/UFT test scripts to support Regression Testing.
- Highly proficient in testing databases me.e. Oracle, My-SQL and SQL Server by executing SQL Queries.
- Highly proficient in preparation of weekly status reports using Quality Center/ALM.
- Exposures wif Test Management tools include MTM and TFS wif hands on experience in integrating test management functionalities in day-to-day Agile Scrum activities (me.e. sprint, backlog).
Testing Tools: HP ALM, HP Quality Center, HP Quick Test Pro, Cucumber, UFT, JIRA, TOAD, TFS, Rally, Bugzilla, Microsoft Test Manager (MTM).
Databases: Oracle 9/10/11/12, SQL Server, MS Access, MYSQL, DB2, SQL, PL/SQL.
ERP System: SAP ECC 6.0+, Microsoft Dynamics (AX).
Operating Systems: Windows (95, 98, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8.1), Linux/Unix.
Office Suites & Other: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio & SharePoint.
Methodologies: Agile Scrum, Waterfall, RUP, TDD, ATDD.
Confidential, Tempe, AZ
- Interact wif teh project team to gain an understanding of teh business environment to identify, define, collect and organize detailed information relating to testing requirements.
- Performed positive/negative testing for system validation using Selenium Automation Tools including WebDriver wif Java.
- Performed API testing wif TestNG framework.
- Actively participated in framework design and developed Page Object Model (POM) framework.
- Developed test cases, designed test steps and associated teh corresponding requirement.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Developed Python based cross-browser / platform Web Driver automation integrated wif Jenkins.
- Participated in migration of automation scripts through Web Driver, to provide an API dat established a well-designed standard programming interface for web application testing.
- Led automation efforts for new features like best offer notification and extensively worked wif locating web elements using Id, CSS selector and XPATH.
- Tested Applications using Motorola, Cisco, and Scientific Atlanta set up boxes Tester.
- Designing Test Lab and formulation of Test Strategy for overall testing.
- Developed test cases in Gherkins and implemented cucumber to automate them.
- Developed automated scripts using java in Selenium Web Driver wif maven, cumberer, and Test NG.
- Performed test automation Development using test framework dat implements Page Object Model (POM), cucumber feature files, and TestNG configuration files.
- Used Firebug for capturing various XPaths/IDs.
- Assisting in building out test automation frameworks using Appium/Java/Cucumber and Xcode/Swift/UITest
- Used Selenium GRID to execute test cases parallel on different target machines
- Developed page level libraries for functional automation.
- Created Selenium Web driver tests using page library.
- Developed Maven Scripts to run teh automation scripts and implemented POI.jar to develop Excel and HTML based test reports.
- Setup Continuous Integration system for QA using Jenkins.
- Developed test plan, test scenarios and test cases based on teh Functional Requirements, Use Cases and SRS.
- Participated in all teh test cases reviews.
- Involved in Smoke, Functional, Regression testing as well as Ad-hock testing.
- Prepare and maintain automation framework, responsible for metadata, function library, shared object repository.
- Performed Data Driven test using test data from Excel files.
- Reported defects using HP QC, generated Defect Report for review wif Dev team and performed regression testing once teh defects are fixed.
- Designed and developed test cases for Confidential 's mortgaging andloanapplications based on requirements and design specifications
- Involved of Test data creation and manually createloans for testing purpose.
- Keyed teh data to create Loanapplications in teh test environments. Data was keyed in to test several queuing functionalities (Pending, Approved, Decline etc.)
- Validated theLoanPath application to ensure dat thesystemis correctly generating theLoan related documents (LoanApplication, Terms and Conditions, Letters etc.) wif teh correct names, addresses, interest, late fees etc.
- Involved in teh Regression testing of theLoanPath application.
- Tested Mortgage Products, Pricing, Fees, and Points, Price Adjustments, Interfaces, workflows, Governmentloans, documents and Origination to boarding related functionalities.
- Involved in UAT along wif Business Users to test teh application and trained teh users.
- Created SQL queries to retrieve, manipulate and validate data in Oracle database.
- Analyzed and validated test results to ensure existing functionality and recommend corrective action where necessary.
Environment: HP QTP11.0/UFT 11.5, HP Quality Center 10, Oracle9i/10g, TOAD SQL, XML, Windows XP, MS Office tools, Load Runner 8.0 and VBScript, Java.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Worked as Quality Analyst.
- Executed system release testing in QA and PROD environments in all supported browsers.
- Analyzed Business requirements module specific functionalities. Identified testing requirements and formulated Test Plan.
- Understand EBIF standards and verify if data fetch from set top boxes matches teh test data.
- Involved in creation of proof of concept of automation framework Page Object Model using Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed automated test scripts using Selenium Web Driver and Java.
- Built an automation environment from scratch, using python, Robot framework and associated libraries, as part of a small team.
- Develop new automation tests for Robot framework/Python, and maintain existing ones.
- Use Python to create custom scripts for use in automation environment.
- Developed and enhanced automated test scripts in Java using Eclipse
- Developed Maven based build scripts to run Selenium Automation.
- Performed API Testing wif TestNG Framework.
- Performed Restful API testing using Java Rest Assured, Cucumber, and TestNG
- Ran test cases on multiple machines using Jenkins.
- Participated and crested test scripts to automate process of testing in UFT
- Reported Bugs through HP ALM and TFS validating bug fixes.
- Executed Load Test, Stress Test and Endurance Test and check teh Performance of teh application
- Attended daily Scrum meeting, by-weekly Sprint review meetings and plan for teh next Sprint review.
- Followed teh Agile methodology due to teh continuous change of requirements.
- Performed Mobile Testing using different simulators in mobile browsers and IOS and Android operating systems
- Conducted QA testing of application, including ongoing bug fix verifications
- Responsible for teh development of Hybrid automation framework
- Developed shared object repositories and HTML customer reports in UFT
- Developed automation test scripts using Object Repository and Descriptive Programming
- Assisted developers in quickly investigating problems reported in production systems, and in reproducing teh scenarios.
- Identified, Reported and Tracked Defects using HP ALM test management tool.
- Assisted performance testing using HP Load runner.
- Extensive backend testing using SQL Queries to retrieve teh data from teh database and checked data integrity.
- Actively participated in walk-through, inspection, review and user group meetings for quality assurance wif BAs, SMEs and Developers.
- Assisted users for user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Used Agile/Scrum methodology throughout teh project life cycle, attended daily scrum meetings and retrospective meetings.
- Attended bug scrum meetings to discuss and set teh priority of teh bugs.
Environment: UFT 12.5, SQL, HP ALM, TFS, Agile testing methodology, Virtual environment, MS Project, Visio, SQL SERVER 2012, Load Runner, MS Office, MS Windows.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Support application regression including both manual/automated scripts to be executed and identifying post-production defects and excellently tracking of defects.
- Continuously streamline and improve teh testing life cycle to ensure test planning, execution, and reporting are agile, TEMPeffective and well-coordinated.
- Performed testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed driver scripts using Selenium and function library for automation framework.
- Developed and executed white box test cases using Test NG framework and Eclipse.
- Developed TestNG tests for each Java based API in teh Project and verified functionality by comparing expected and actual output values.
- Based on page library, created Selenium test scripts in Java using TestNG framework.
- Responsible for API Testing using Java and TestNG/Junit.
- Interact closely wif developers offering suggestions and ideas for improving teh quality of teh products
- Analyze testing results to enhance future test plans and scenario (including metrics and benchmarks to gauge improvement.
- Documented all established traceability between teh Business Requirements, Use Cases, Business Rules, Activity Diagrams, Navigation Maps, Screen Mockups (Wire Frames) and Test Scenarios.
- Created and executed test scripts to verify complex system requirements.
- Utilized teh defect tracking system of HP ALM to report defects in a clear and precise manner, describing teh scenario, expected outcome and actual outcome.
- Followed Agile methodology (participated in sprint daily scrum, planning, review meetings) for application implementation and testing.
- Performed Functional, Integration, Regression, End-to-End and UAT testing of teh application.
- Experienced in creating, enhancing and maintaining high-end test scripts for variousfunctional and regression testing using UFTand VBScript.
- Developed UFT automation Hybrid framework from scratch for new application and existing application.
- Enhanced test scripts using various utilities provided in UFT (me.e. inserting standard check points, synchronization points, regular expressions, database checkpoints, bitmap checkpoints, output value parameters and parameterization).
- Build automated test suites and execute a complete test strategy including verification of functionality, performance, security and scalability.
- Validated application performance against multiple sets of data using parameterization of automated test scripts.
- Involved in Backend testing, checked database to determine successful transaction of test data from teh application by establishing connectivity using SQL commands.
- Wrote SQL statements to extract Data and verified teh output data of teh reports.
- Worked in an agile environment wif an ability to accommodate and test teh newly proposed changes Confidential any point of time during teh release.
Environment: HP UFT 11.5, HP ALM 11.5, Vbscript, MS Excel, HTML, Windows 7/8, SQL Server 2012, Firefox, IE, Chrome, Firebug.
Confidential, Jacksonville, MS
- Analyzed and reviewed Business Requirement Document, High Level Design &Low-Level Design Documents to prepare TEMPeffective Test Plans.
- Involved in developing Automation Framework using Selenium using Java and ran on different web browsers.
- Experience on scripting and automation. Also, in Cable Domain Management.
- Design, test, develop and implement, certify applications developed for Portal & set-top boxes
- Implemented assertions, error collector functionalities for better validation using Junit.
- Implemented properties files to read configurations and locators e.g.id/name/xpaths/css etc. of teh application for better readability of teh code. understanding of Cable MSO operations Knowledge of DACS/DNCS controller and their functioning Years of Experience wif STB testing (and all its related components like VOD, DVR, EPG, Channel lineup etc…)
- Participate in day to day activities involving requirement gathering, translate requirement/design documents into detailed test cases, maintain test environment
- Identified teh scope of testing and defined project testing strategy including functionality to be tested, necessary configurations or dependencies, assumptions, and risk evaluations for teh project.
- Responsible for System, Functional and Regression testing.
- Create change requests and follow up wif development team.
- Design and implement automated test solutions and certify applications developed for Set-Top-Box, Mobile devices.
- Used HP ALM to log defects and track resolution till teh closing of defect after retesting.
- Generated reports (defects and test case execution) on daily basis to track teh progress of teh project.
- Reviewed teh defects wif concerned developers and Team leads.
- Wrote SQL queries for backend testing to extract data from tables and verified results.
- Inserted Check Points while writing VBScripts for teh identification of teh specified object for testing.
- Experience in ticketing systems (like Jira) and triaging tickets/ issues.
- Coordinated wif teh UAT and Project Management teams in conjunction wif User Acceptance Testing (UAT) wif teh end-users.
- Prepared and presented Defect Reports, Daily Execution Reports and Test Summary for teh immediate supervisors.
- Participated and initiated meetings wif Business Analysts, Developers, Quality Assurance and Production Support team on regular basis to improve teh testing quality by integrating TEMPeffective testing approach.
- Responsible to continually improve change/release processes hence to proactively minimize change-related risks.
- Performed tasks independently wif minimum supervision.
Environment: HP UFT 11.0, HP ALM 11.0, Vbscript, MS Excel, HTML, Windows, SQL Server.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Quality Assurance Analyst/Tester (Internship)
- Actively involved in formal review of Requirements documents and Design documents Confidential every phase of development.
- Developed test plan and followed Agile testing methodology for every release of application.
- Estimated and tracked Test Resources, implemented build acceptance techniques.
- Identified and developed test Case design from complex Business rules defined in Use case document.
- Created checklist and executed Smoke Testing for build acceptance.
- Participated and coordinated wif Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Compatibility Testing and Backend Testing using HP Quality Center.
- Written SQL queries using SQL Developer to access Oracle database for backend testing.
- Scheduled and participated Defect review meeting during testing teh build.
- Generated various Defect reports and managed Defects thru Bugzilla and reported to QA Lead.
- Tracked teh progress of teh projects and updated teh status to QA Lead periodically.
- Actively resolved technical as well as non-technical issues during test execution.
- Managed and mentored QA Resources.
Environment: HP QC, MS Excel, Windows, .net, SQL
Manual Tester (Internship)
- Excellent in Functional Testing, Integration Testing and System Testing
- Extensive experience on Manual Testing.
- Experience wif all levels of testing techniques like Sanity, Usability, Functional, Integration, Regression, Re-testing, Black box testing.
- Strongly initiative, creative and able to learn technologies and systems.
- Experienced in preparing teh design documents for Automation Health.
- Good Understanding and Knowledge in retrieving data by writing SQL Queries.
- Ability to work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Experienced in taking knowledge transitions from other vendors.
- Expertise in Understanding and Analyzing Test Requirements, Tracking changes and maintenance of Test Requirements.
- Having Good Experience in writing Test Scripts using Java-Selenium Web driver, TestNG in Eclipse IDE.
- Expertise in creating reusable Automation scripts, Functional Libraries, Enhance teh existing framework and worked on various Automation Frameworks.
- Involved in Functional, Regression and Integration Testing.
- Expertise in preparing Test cases, Automation scripts, Execution and Reporting.
- Having complete knowledge of Bug Life Cycle.
- Good knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC)
- Good exposure of SDLC (software Development Life Cycle), STLC (Software Test Life Cycle), DLC (Defect Life Cycle)
- Strong in Test Design Technique
- Excellent knowledge of Defect Tracking Tool
- Good knowledge on Manual Testing on Client server applications and Black/White box testing.
- Commitment to co-operative teamwork and involved in delivering highqualityproduct to client.
- Strong team player to find defects in software application against requirement specification.
- Project Management Tools: Slack, Trello, JIRA
Environment: HP Quality Center, JIRA, Slack, Trello, Bugzilla, Windows Vista/XP/2003, SQL Server 2008.