- Around 6 years of experience in IT Industry, around 3 years of experience as a Java/J2EE Developer and around 3 years of experience as an Automation Engineer involving in Analysis, Design, testing of web based and client server multi - tier applications that use Java/J2EE technologies.
- Experienced in implementing OOPS concepts using Java/J2EE technologies such as Core Java (Collections, Generics, Enums and Annotations etc.), Servlets, JSP, JDBC, Spring, Hibernate and Web Services.
- Well versed in all stages of Software Development Life Cycle including requirement analysis, design, development, testing, deployment and support and maintenance with various methodologies such as Waterfall, Incremental, Iterative and Agile models.
- Strong Experience in developing user interfaces with HTML, DHTML, JSTL, XML and CSS.
- Well versed in MVC (Model View Controller) architecture using Spring and implementing JSTL (JSP Standard tag library), custom tag development and tiles.
- Expertise in JSP, Java Beans and Servlets for developing applications using MVC architecture.
- Experience in Persistence Framework like Hibernate ORM (Object Relational Mapping) in a typical n-tier architecture.
- Good exposure in implementing web Services-WSDL using SOAP and REST web Services.
- Experienced using WARs and EARs to build and deploy the applications in application servers using ANT scripts and different IDEs.
- Experienced in programming tools like ANT, Maven Build scripts, JUnit and Log4j.
- Good Exposure to Web/application servers such as Apache Tomcat, Web Logic, WebSphere, Jboss.
- Good Exposure on Testing and Bug Life Cycle and also used Bugzilla and Jira to track the defects.
- Performed Continuous Integration automation using Jenkins.
- Used Cucumber to perform behavior Driven Development (BDD) Methodology and also to build some test scripts.
- Strong experience with tools like Rational Rose (rational), CVS (project management) and SVN.
- Extensive knowledge in OOAD concepts of Use Cases, Activity diagrams, Sequence diagrams and class diagrams using UML. Working knowledge of IBM Rational Rose and MS-Visio.
- A passion of learning new things, and the adaptability to be effective in a fast-moving environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Build/Testing Tools: Maven, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, Gherkin
Test Frameworks: Junit, Behavior Driven Framework(BDD)
Web Debugging Tools: FirePath, FireBug
Development IDE’s: Java EE Eclipse, Net Beans.
Version Control: Tortoise SVN, Git
Defect Tracking Tools: ALM, Jeera, Rally
Methodology: Agile Scrum, Waterfall
Operating System: Linux, Win XP/7/8/8.1/10
App/Web Servers: Weblogic 9.0/7.1, Apache Tomcat.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Software Developer & Engineer in Test (SDET)
- Responsible for planning, estimating and developing JAVA based test automation using ATDD/BDD tools.
- Participating in requirements gathering sessions with business to help define acceptance test criteria.
- Collaborating closely with developers to enhance testing through in-depth understanding of the system and source code under test.
- Defining test strategy by adhering to the Test Pyramid guidelines
- Configuring and scheduling test automation within a Continuous Integration (CI) environment.
- Driving the complete quality assurance engagement in a project, ensuring quality assurance best practices are followed.
- Creating automated test cases based on client documentation, execute and report defects, daily test status as well as overall testing status.
- Setting-up of the different environments (development, testing, staging, production etc.).
- Developed a POM framework using maven build tool in eclipse EE
- Used Core Java Concepts (Inheritance, abstraction, collections, properties, POJO’s), Selenium Web Driver to design and implement the automation testing.
- Captured the Webpage objects with locators like XPaths, id’s using firepath and firebug and also with dynamic Xpaths
- Integrated Tortoise SVN to eclipse with maintain version control of the code repository
- Worked on Selenium grid to test the Web Application in virtual machines
- Written the test cases using Gherkin language in eclipse and used as reports for the testing
- Used Junit to Run the code scripts and test cases
- Tracked the defects using ALM
- Contributed to the Continuous Integration pipeline running component builds, creating and running Deployment jobs on individual stages on Jenkins, and running automated functional tests.
- Created manual test cases, reviewed with different stakeholders to validate the functionality.
- Verified, edited and update test data in new or existing systems before testing.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, gherkin, Junit, Maven, Jenkins, Selenium grid, Tortoise SVN, Eclipse, Firebug, Firepath, FireFox.
Confidential, ATL, GA
- Participated in the designing & development of software using agile development practices. Worked in a Scrum Agile process with two week iterations delivering new features at each iteration.
- Designed and coded application components in an agile environment utilizing a behavior driven development approach (BDD).
- Used Spring 3.0 Framework to auto wire/inject components.
- Used REST Web Services to retrieve data from different applications.
- Involved in critical business logic analysis and end to end development and bug fixing.
- Used Maven project structure to build and deploy the application on Eclipse IDE.
- Used Selenium WebDriver to capture the web elements with different set of dynamic Xpaths
- Used JUnit framework for unit testing of application and Log4j to capture the log that includes runtime exceptions.
- Utilized Java concepts like Inheritance, Abstraction, Collections, etc...
- Integrated Tortoise SVN to eclipse with maintain version control of the code repository.
- Worked on Selenium grid to test the Web Application in virtual machines
- Actively involved throughout the life cycle of the project from requirements gathering to maintenance and optimizing the system.
- Used Cucumber to write and perform some Automation testing Script and also performed some Cross browser testing.
- Automated around 150 test cases using Selenium and Java.
- Supported team to complete the work on time. Did follow up with APM, Product Analyst & Product Owner to get the stories accepted before the iteration cycle ends.
- Provided the support to QA team with regard to the shakeout process.
- Played active role in finding the bugs in DEV, QA, UAT & Production environments.
Environment: Java, Oracle 10g, CSS, JUnit, Log4j, Restful Web Services, SVN, Maven, Eclipse IDE, Cucumber, Selenium, FirePath, FireBug.
- Used EHCache for second level cache in Hibernate for the application.
- Designed and developed the application based on MVC framework.
- Involved in implementing Enterprise Java Beans (EJB’s) to access the database.
- Worked on serialize and de-serialize of data in applications using JSON.
- Deployed Enterprise Java Beans on WebSphere Application Server.
- Used JBoss developer studio as a development environment.
- Employed JDBC in persistent service to connect to MySQL and perform database operations.
- Developed DAO’s to invoke DAP’s (Data Access Programs) to access data from .CSV files and to query MySQL database.
- Developed a management console for workflow management and reporting using Apache Wicket and JQuery.
- Used Java Message Service (JMS) API to create, send, receive, and read messages.
- Designed the Webpages GUI using CSS, HTML5.
- Used JQuery to build accordion style content, drag and drop functionality, calendar, popup and modal windows.
- Developed Database Objects like PL/SQL packages, Stored Procedures and Materialized Views.
- Wrote batch jobs for loading data from .CSV files into database.
- Implemented BDD methodology to perform some automation testing.
- Used Cucumber to write the automation test Scripts.
Confidential, Kansas, MO
- Involved in the development of Business Integration Layer using EJB, JMS, and Web Services using SOAP using Transfer Object, Service Object, Façade, Business Object design patterns.
- Used Rational Software Architect 8.0 for coding the application and using Tortoise SVN for change control.
- Extensively used Java Collection framework and Exception handling.
- Applied JMS to Publish/Subscribe Static, Workflow, Allocation messages.
- Implemented Log4j for logging
- Utilized Junit for unit testing of the modules.
- Provided production support by interacting with the end-users and fixing bugs
- Styling in CSS and JSPs is done as per the Style guide provided by UI team.
- Created POJOlayer to facilitate the sharing of data between the front end and the J2EEbusiness objects.
- Exported the EAR (Enterprise App) and deployed it to the Integration Test environment.
- Actively participated in Functional Design Document and Technical Design Document reviews.
- Used CVS for source control
- Involved in the development of agent website portal using Spring, Struts, and DB2.
- Designed and developed Java Message Service (JMS) for asynchronous exchange of data in the reporting engine that produces reports and Email it to the client.
- Creating, identifying and exposing system as Web Services and defining architecture based on service oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Developed web Services for sending and getting raw Extract data from different applications using SOAP messages.
- Used RAD 7.5 and Web sphere application server 7.1 for developing & deploying the applications.
- Implemented configuring listeners and writing Message Driven Beans to listen the messages and subscribe to the topic put by the core application.
Environment: Java, EJB, JMS, SOAP UI, Easy Mock, Junit, Tortoise SVN, Maven, RAD, Web sphere application server6.1, XML, WSDL, EJB Session Beans.
- Development of front end using HTML and JSP. Java Servlets were used as the interface between the client and the server.
- Handled business logic as a Model using the helper classes and Servlets to control the flow of application as controller.
- Written JSP's, Servlets for developing the application and deployed the application on Tomcat Server.
- Developed this application based on MVC Architecture.
- Involved in Servlets, Java Bean programming on the server side for the communication between clients and server.
- Used Web Services-WSDL and SOAP
- Tested and deployed the application on Apache Tomcat.
- Involved in writing application business logic for different modules across the application.
- Involved in writing unit testing for doing positive and negative test cases.
- Worked extensively with AJAX for bringing data from backend without reloading the page.
- Involved in writing SQL statements.