- Experienced with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experienced in writing System Test plan, defining Test cases, developing and maintaining Test scripts.
- Exposure with QA Methodology to ensure good Quality Control.
- Understanding and interpreting requirement specifications.
- Very versatile and possess in - depth knowledge in Java, VB scripting.
- Extensive working experience with automation testing tools like Selenium WebDriver & IDE, HP Interactive Quick Test Professional QTP, ALM, Quality Center, IBM Manual Tester, IBM ClearQuest, PVCS, Borland Star Team etc.
- Developed test scripts for Functional testing, System testing, Regression testing and Integration testing using Quick Test Pro/Selenium.
- The VB Scripts were generated and modified to perform the Data Driven Testing using Quick Test Pro.
- Expertise in writing Test Plans, Test Cases, and Automated Test Scripts.
- Extensive knowledge of Test Matrix, Requirements Traceability Matrix and Gap Analysis.
- Experienced in RDBMS like Oracle, SQL Server 2000, MS Access, DB2, Backend Testing stored Procedures and Triggers using PL/SQL Scripting.
- Strong expertise in establishing QA policies, procedures, strategies, metrics, developing appropriate process and team to ensure the quality of product.
- Experienced in testing Web-based and Client-Server applications on different environments.
- Involved in Verification and Validation of different work products.
- Developed procedures for structured walkthroughs, reviews, and testing to carry out validation and verification functions.
- Strong communicator and skillful in working closely with customers to identify and resolve problems.
- Prepared documentation for all stages according to company standards.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work as part of a team and on own. Versatile team player with excellent interpersonal and technical documentation skills and handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Organized, attention to detail, self-motivated, personable, multi-focused and ability to meet project milestones and deliverable dates.
Testing Tools: Quick Test Professional, /Quality Center, ALM, Rational suite, Rational Robot. Selenium/ Cucumber
Methodologies: SDLC, RUP, Waterfall, Iterative, Agile.
Version Controls: Star Team, PVCS and CMVC, Rational ClearCase, and VSS.
Operating System: MSDOS, MS: WINDOWS 95/98/2000/XP, WINDOWS 2003 SERVER, NT 4.0, UNIX (AIX 4.3.3, Sun Solaris 8,9), Vista.
Languages: C, C++, HTML, PL/SQL SQL*PLUS, VISUAL BASIC, VBScripts, Java Scripts.
Application Software: Microsoft office, Adobe Photoshop/llustrator/Flash, Ms project, MS visio, Winzip, Adobe Acrobat 5.0/6.0, Acrobat PDF Writer, Lotus Notes.
Databases: Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, Sybase and MS Access.
Project building tool: Maven, Ant
Networking: TCP/IP LAN/WAN, FTP, Telnet.
Confidential, Reston, VA
Sr. Software Test Engineer
- Responsible for analyzing the business requirement and functional specifications to design tests and create test scenarios.
- Works closely with the application architects to develop a solid testing solution, working towards the future state of the application architecture that includes automated testing for continuous integration.
- Leads complex test automation efforts using Selenium Web Driver and Java for large Agile software projects.
- Develops automated test scripts for new features based on acceptance criteria and user stories during each development Sprint.
- Develops, implements, documents, and monitors best practices for test automation developers across Scrum teams.
- Create test framework using Selenium WebDriver, Java with BDD, Cucumber framework and Gerkin syntax for further test creation and execution
- Communicates automation goals, priorities, and status across the organization.
- Use Git as code repository to share my code to fellow team member and ran my code in continuous integration server like
- Jenkins where we build our project periodically and during any deployment
- Identifies innovative solutions to solve complex test problems.
- Assists in the training/mentoring of team members, including testers, developers, and business analysts.
- Partner with Agile Release Train to plan for new functionality, resolve defects, and in corporate error injection test methodologies.
- Provide input into improving the Automation test framework for the organization.
- Define automated test criteria to be used to determine which functionality should be automated.
- Develop automated test for all functionality that meets the specified automation criteria.
- Develop manual test cases and RTM (Requirements Traceability Matrix) using Quality Center.
- Perform Smoke, Functional, Integration, Regression and System Testing.
- Report and track defects found during the execution of manual test cases and automated test run in Quality Center.
- Writing SQL queries and statements to test database for retrieving information, editing data and inserting the data.
- Performed database testing/back-end testing by writing queries in Oracle.
- Met with the developers and technical content writers on a daily basis to update the test documents.
- Participate weekly meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
- Developed the Test Plans, Test Cases & Test Scenarios.
- Designed Manual test cases based on functional requirements and technical documents, and executed test cases during System, System Integration Testing (SIT) and Stakeholder Acceptance Testing (SAT).
- Extensively used SQL Queries to check the integrity of the data and to perform Back End Testing.
- Write and execute Test cases and log the defects using Mercury Interactive Quality Center.
- Involved in the team meetings with representatives from Development, Database Management, Configuration Management, and Requirements Management to identify and correct defects.
- Analyzed the user requirements by interacting with system architect, developers and business users.
- For tracking the Business Work Item using Tracker.
- Working in an existing framework which was built with Selenium Automation Framework with Java using Page Object Model
- Wrote automation script using JAVA language with MAVEN in Eclipse
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script. Created Project plan on Jenkins, configured scheduled using build trigger and Git for Version Control system
- (POM), Data Driven Testing and TestNG as test runner and customized framework
- Responsible for performing Functional testing on the application by creating Manual and Automated Test Scripts using VBScript in Quick Test Pro.
- Created and maintained project-wide Object Repository.
- Enhanced the recorded scripts to resolve synchronization issues.
- Created User-defined functions, functions libraries and maintained the initialization scripts to set-up the work environment.
- Performed Data-driven testing using data tables in Quick Test Pro (QTP).
- Integrate QuickTest Pro with Quality Center and schedule the execution of QuickTest Pro scripts from the Quality Center to perform regression testing and integration testing.
- Responsible for identifying the functional test cases for Regression Testing and automated those scripts using QuickTest Pro.
- Used QuickTest Pro to conduct Data Driven Testing by pulling data from a table.
- Designed and executed automated test scripts for Functional, GUI and Navigational testing to identify errors within the applications using QuickTest Pro.
- Participated in Walk through and Defect report meetings periodically.
Environment: Windows, UNIX, Quality Center, Seleinum, QuickTest Pro (QTP), Trackers, C++, Oracle, Toad.
Confidential, Sterling, VA
Software Test Analyst
- Develop Test Plans, Test Scenarios and Test Cases from business, Technical and Functional requirements.
- Analyze requirements and design and develop test cases and requirement assessment reports.
- Created and executed Test Cases for some of the modules of the application under test (AUT) using Test Director.
- Documented the daily defect status using Test Director.
- Responsible for defect tracking and management metrics, defects are logged and change requests are submitted using Test Director.
- Performed Functional Testing using QuickTest Pro.
- Developed automation scripts in QTP to automate smoke and regression testing.
- Enhanced the scripts in QTP by applying checkpoints, parameterizations, synchronization point, data driven tests and creating modular tests.
- Defined the “Test Engagement Process” for new application launch and maintenance releases.
- Developed SQL Queries to retrieve or create test data from different Oracle Test databases.
- Performed database testing by writing queries in Oracle.
- Identified bottlenecks, data errors and integration problems and revised application to enhance performance before Application Launch.
- Worked closely with the application development and design and testing team to resolve technical issues and interacted with them to ensure overall quality of the software.
- Participate in weekly defect status meeting.
- Communicate with Project manager, Process manager, Development Tech lead to discuss about defects found during different types of tests.
Environment: J2EE, Oracle, Java Script, VBScript, Test Director, QuickTest Professional.