- 4 years 7 months’ experience working in QA automation in Java and J2EE technologies in Confidential .
- Proficient in gathering Business Requirements, building Automation Framework, writing and executing test cases, analyzing regression results and identifying and raising defects.
- Won Brocade Button award thrice, recommended by Business Users.
- Bachelor of Engineering degree in Information Science
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Earned a reputation for being a good team worker and for being reliable and hardworking.
- Passionate and highly interested in learning new technology.
Development and Build Tools: Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, Jenkins, Maven, Ant
Testing Frameworks: Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, JUnit
Testing tools: HP ALM, JMeter, SoapUI
RDBMS: Oracle 10g/11g
Database Management tools: Toad, SQL Developer, Kintana
Version Control tools: Git, SVN, ClearCase
Operating Systems: Windows (XP/Vista/7/8), Linux, Android, iOS
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile with Scrum
QA Automation Engineer
- Built the automation testing framework in Java and Selenium for automation of Brocade’s revenue critical software portal licensing application which is used for license generation of software features enabled on network switches.
- Worked as a Business System Analyst to gather, understand and finalize requirements and prepare Functional Specification Documents.
- Gained expertise in developing test cases based on functional requirements.
- Automated test cases in Selenium TestNG framework.
- Created test suites for SOAP API based Web Services.
- Converted manual test cases into regression suites.
- Performed smoke testing and ran regression test suites on remote machines after each project and code fix release.
- Analyzed reports generated after completion of each regression run to check for defects.
- Tracked and updated status throughout the software defect life cycle in HP ALM.
- Wrote SQL queries and automated database testing using JDBC to track all transactions done on the UI and verify the resulting backend updates.
- Performed and monitored load testing using Jmeter tool, generated graphs to compare application performance after every deployment cycle.
- Worked closely with developers to enhance the application for better customer satisfaction and to troubleshoot and fix code issues.
- Coordinated and oversaw the software release processes.
- Implemented Agile methodology during the software development process and served as Scrum master for several projects.
- Mentored a good number of new employees and provided guidance in QA Automation.
- Worked on code fixes in the Brocade licensing portal application built on Spring framework and deployed on IBM WebSphere Application server.
- Developed PL/SQL procedures at the back end to fulfill enhancement requests for an internal configuration management application.
- Worked on shell scripting for development of cron jobs.
- Worked on an internal tool developed to implement Change Data Capture technology.
- Customized queries to implement triggers generated by the tool every time a change action would get noticed.