- With over seven (7+) years of experience in the Information Technology Industry, seeking a challenging position in order to utilize my experience and professional and technical skills in the Software Development Industry as a Software Test Engineer, Quality Assurance Analyst, Integration and backend tester using widespread Knowledge of Information Systems Technology.
- Extensive knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Waterfall model, V - Model, Agile model, and QA Test methodologies.
- Specialized in System testing, Integration testing, E2E testing, Functional testing, Back-end testing, Performance testing, Stress testing, Sanity testing, and Regression Testing of web-based, client-server, desktop and multi-tier application
- Expertise in developing Test Plan, Test Scripts, Test Cases and procedures Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) and Test Analysis Repot (TAR).
- Experience in Automation testing using HP-Mercury Quality Center, and Quick Test Professional.
- Experienced in manual testing as well as automated.
- Experienced with Defect tracking systems such as QC, Rational Clear Quest, Bugzilla and PVCS Tracker.
- Strong experience in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and documentation of Test Cases.
- Experience in Database/Backend including SQL Server, and Oracle
- Strong skills in back end testing using SQL queries, generating reports to ensure data integrity and to validate business rules.
- Database Testing knowledge, especially Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle.
- Develop SQL queries to collect Test Data and to perform Backend Testing.
- Expert knowledge of CM tools and processes, Experience in leading project.
- Familiar with different standard like CMMI, IEEE and ISO standard
- Motivated self-starter with exceptional team building and interpersonal skills
- Experience and the ability to lead a team to perform duties in the most efficient and timely manner.
- Proven ability to take initiative, work independently and collaboratively, execute process change.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as a part of a team.
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center, QuickTest Professional, LOAD Runner, ClearQuest
Languages: Java, C/C++, HTML, XML, SQL, VB, Java Script, VB Script, CSS, ASP.NET, AJAX, JSP, PHP
Database: Oracle, Sybase, DB2, MS-SQL Server, MS-Access.
Operating System: Windows, UNIX, Linux.
Software Application: Microsoft Office, Dream weaver.
Designing/Graphics Application: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
Network Administration: LAN, WAN, Router & Switches.
Other: Rational Requisite Pro, TOAD, Selenium.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Quality Assurance Engineer
- Developed and implemented Test Plans, Test cases, Test Scripts on different applications.
- Participated Business Requirements, Functional and Technical design documents reviews and provided feedback /suggestion to design and business teams.
- Involved in Manual and Automated testing of the front-end application.
- Used Quality Center for uploading requirements, creating Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Sets and updating Test results.
- Generated Test Analysis Reports and Graphs using Quality Center
- Created Defects and used as a repository of defect or store them in the Quality Center.
- Conducted Smoke Testing to ensure minimum expected system behavior.
- Executed detailed validation of application functionality, report Data integrity, and Real-time data integration.
- Performed System Integration Testing.
- Performed comprehensive System testing, Functional testing, Regression testing, and User Acceptance testing (UAT).
- Performed Functional, Regression, Integration and End to End testing using Quick Test Pro.
- Extensively involved in writing, executing and analyzing AUT, Database Checkpoints and Data Driven Test Scripts for all the projects using QTP.
- Wrote SQL queries for Back-end testing and checking the output of various reports.
- Performed Data Validation and Data Integration for Back End Testing using SQL Queries manually.
- Actively participate in the team meeting with the developer and business to understand the test requirements effectively.
- Participate in Review meetings, Walkthrough and Defect meetings.
- Attended daily defect status meetings and weekly team status meetings for reporting testing status and shared ideas for improved testing efforts.
Environment: Quick Test Pro, Quality Center, HTML, XML, Java Oracle, SQL, VBscripts, Java scripts, SQL Server08 R2, MS Office Power Point, Windows XP, Agile.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Software QA Engineer
- Analyze Business, Functional Specifications, Use Cases and develop Test Plans, Test cases and Test scripts for both Positive and Negative tests.
- Validated the application's user interface, data validation, and end to end testing with multiple interfacing systems.
- Producing business flows, functional understanding documents, training guides (User manual) and solutions design document related to Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Developed test scenarios from functional requirement documents.
- Performed integrated testing, regression testing, Cross Browser testing, and UAT testing.
- Wrote functional test plans, test cases, and supporting testing documentation.
- Managed the requirements using Requirements management tool Rational Requisite Pro.
- Exported requirements, developed test cases, executed test cases, logged defects into the Quality Center.
- Manually testing functionality of trading, mutual fund, option and bond web based application.
- Reported issues into the bug reporting system and follow up with the development team until it gets resolved using Quality Center.
- Created Traceability between Requirements and Test Cases on Quality Center.
- Developed automated Test Scripts for the application based on the Business Processes using QTP.
- Performed Functional, Regression, Integration and End to End testing using QTP.
- Performed web testing using QTP for checking page contents, broken links, web objects, frames and tables.
- Created UDF in VB Script and accessed them through Function Library in the QTP.
- Load testing and performance testing of the web server by simulating hundreds of Vusers simultaneously using Load Runner.
- Performed database testing by writing queries in Oracle.
- Participated defects review meeting with developers and the system stakeholders.
Environment: .NET, C++, UNIX, Windows, JAVA, HTML, XML, Visual Studio, Oracle, Quick Test Professional, Quality Center, Selenium, Load Runner, Team Track.
Confidential, Plano, TX
Quality Assurance Analyst
- Involved in analyzing Business requirements/Product Design documents, specifications and development of Test Scripts, Test Cases and executing & reviewing them
- Developed Manual test cases for specific functional requirements.
- Performed manual testing of the website to determine ease of usability of the website.
- Made recommendations for manual and automated testing of varied functionality.
- Written user-defined functions and generated Test Matrix.
- Performed Regression testing to weekly builds.
- Performed System Integration Testing.
- Performed backend testing of database files using SQL queries.
- Used PVCS Version Manager to check out the latest versions of the build for testing purposes, and check in the updated test cases, and test documentations periodically.
- Performed Integration testing to verify the data interface between various application modules.
- Performed Black Box, Functional, Integration, UAT and Regression Testing of the website.
- Worked on Rational Clear case and Clear Quest for Configuration and Change management and Bug tracking.
- Interact with development team for new functionality and review defects.
- Attended review meetings and walkthroughs to discuss the status of the project
Environment: Oracle, Sybase, ColdFusion, JAVA, HTML, XML, UNIX Shell Scripts, Rational Robot, Clear Case, Clear Quest, Sun Solaris, LOAD Runner, Windows 2003.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
Software Test Analyst
- Involved in preparation and verification of test plans.
- Involved in authoring test scenarios for System testing, Integration testing, Validation testing and Ad-hoc testing as per the requirement documents.
- Involved in project planning, coordination and implementation of QA methodology.
- Involved in identifying, Verifying and executing test cases using Test director Tool.
- Participated in active manual testing and reporting the bugs using the Quality Center.
- Maintained Test Matrix and Traceability Matrix.
- Involved in documentation as to how to maintain and run scripts for future enhancements.
- Participate in various meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues
- Involved in preparation for Test Plan for System Testing.
- Involved in review of System Test Results in Unix Environment.
- Extensively conducted database testing using SQL Queries to verify the database updates and create reports
- Investigated bugs and interacted with developers to resolve technical issues.
- Involved in collecting and documenting the test execution reports.
- Involved in preparation and consolidation of weekly and monthly Testing Status Reports.
Environment: Manual Testing, Mercury Quality Center, Test director, Internet Explorer, web sphere, SQL, NET, HTML, VB Script