- 5+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance, Manual Testing, Black box and White box Testing, UAT, Validation Testing, GUI testing On Web and Financial Applications.
- Experienced in using automation tools such as WinRunner, QTP, Load Runner, Performance center and HP Quality Center, writing test scripts for testing different functionality on Client/Server and Web applications.
- Expertise in use of Quality Center (QC) ALM & Test Director for writing test cases, test execution, defect management, defect tracking and Bug Reporting.
- Prepared Test Documentation, Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Cases, and Software Requirement specifications, Integration Test Specifications and Test Scripts, decomposing Business Requirements and developing Test Scenarios to support quality deliverables using VB scripts.
- Hands on experience in Functional, GUI, Database, Regression, Browser compatibility testing, Load and Performance Testing in different stages of SDLC. Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and testing methodologies.
- Superb communication management skills in communications planning, information distribution, progress and performance reporting, and stakeholder communications management activities.
- Experienced in developing Test Strategy, Test scenarios, Test cases, and Test Scripts based on User requirements and System Requirements Documents for Functional, Security, Performance, Configuration, Regression, Integration, Usability Testing and Cross - Browser Compatibility Testing.
- Extensive experience in developing and maintaining testingframeworks, communication plans, results validation, continuous training and mentoring.
- Expertise in Manual and Automated Testing of applications developed on Windows, UNIX.
- Good experience in QA methodology and validations to ensure industry standards.
- Proficiency in Defect Management and Change Control using Industry Standard Tools.
- Adept in writing SQL scripts, stored procedures, triggers and functions at database level using PL/SQL using Oracle and SQL Server.
- Strong skills in writing SQL queries, generating reports to ensure data integrity and validating business rules.
- Extensive knowledge of the relational database concepts like Tables, Primary and foreign keys, views proficient in the data manipulation using SQL for the retrieval of data from the relational database (inner joins, outer join, group by, order by, etc.)
- Diligent worker, self-starter and consistent performer with good analytical and presentation skills.
Automation Tools: QTP, Selenium IDE, Mercury Performance center, Bugzilla, Quality Center
Load Testing Tools: Loadrunner
Test Methods: Unit test, System test, Integration test, User acceptance test, Automation test, Black Box, White Box, Regression test
Defect Tracking: Mercury Quality Center, Rational ClearQuest, Rational ClearCase
Database: Oracle (SQL-PL/SQL queries)
Operating Systems: Windows NT/98/2000, UNIX
Languages: Java, C, Visual Basic, VB Script, HTML, XML
Configuration Tools: Microsoft Visual SourceSafe
Confidential, Richmond, CA
QA Manual Tester
- Reviewed Functional Requirement Specifications and created test cases based on test scenarios drawn from functional requirements using Test Director.
- Performed Integration, System, Regression, UAT and Database testing.
- Prepared status summary reports with details of executed, passed and failed test cases.
- Created and executed various manual and automated test cases from test scenario using QTP.
- Performed Regression and functionality testing against new builds using QTP.
- The system represented the integration of Outlook, SQL Server, andCRMsystems to effectively support the user.
- Coach Test Team on Agile/Iterative Dev. Principles, concept of Daily Huddles, Sprints Objective, Product Backlog, Retrospective, Agile Tool (JIRA) usage, aligned with Project Scheduler.
- Used Clear Quest and Quality Center ALM as the Defect management Reporting tools.
- Developed and executed complex queries in SQL to retrieve data from tables and to test data integrity.
- Recorded, modified and executed automation scripts in QTP.
- Involved in data clean-up, consolidation & transformation for feeding into CRM systems.
- Created and maintained datasets and database environments required for Manual and Automation Tests.
- Coordinated QA team for testing the Application against Oracle server for data validity.
- Installed, configured and troubleshoot Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Created and review all automation and manual scripts using QTP. Work with the team member to resolve automation run time and script problem. Integrated automation test cases in to the build system using QTP.
- Created data parameterization of tests using QTP and test the application iteratively using run time data table.
- Wrote VB scripts to automatically transfer batch test data from Global Payment.
Environment: Test Director 9.0, Quick Test Professional 9.0, HP ALM, QTP, SharePoint, IBM DB2 V8.1, LoadRunner, Script, J2EE, XML, PL/SQL, MS Dynamics.
Confidential, Irvine, CA
Quality Analyst - Manual
- Developed BDD (Behavior driven development) based programs using Gherkin for cucumber.
- Performed extensive functional GUI level testing using Test complete and Silk Test and wrote /modified tests from scratch.
- Participated in agile ceremonies, such as planning, daily stand ups, stakeholder feedback sessions, reviews, and retrospectives.
- Performed API Level testing for web services, enhanced the Test harness and developed many Test suites using XML, Python, Perl and PHP.
- Billing application is developed using Web Services and tested Web Services and validated request and response XML, WSDL files using SoapUI tool.
- Performed usability, GUI, functional, smoke and regression testing.
- Used Rally tool for SCRUM and test case management, managed test results and for creating the defects in Dev environment in QA environment.
- Performed build acceptance testing and smoke testing using Cucumber automation tool.
- Wrote and executed automated test scripts using Cucumber and Watir (Web Application Testing in Ruby)
- Performed White box and Black Box Testing on web2.0 platform.
- Wrote shell scripts and Python scripts for performing Load tests on applications.
- Performed Browser Testing on IE, Firefox, Chrome and Safari using Selenium.
- Performed Regression Testing to verify that upgrades do not adversely affect the existing libraries.
- Performed End to End Testing on Disney products like online coupons, tour guide and location etc.
- Designed and developedUse Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and OOAD using UML.
- Developed requirements-based test scripts in Cucumber for manual and automated regression testing.
- Wrote SQL Scripts to extract data that is needed to justify Content Partner participation.
- Performed intensive manual and functionality testing on all legacy devices and wireless reader devices.
- Supported thebusinessand the technical team in the product development and delivery process and successfully managed cross- departmental relationships.
Environment: Agile Methodology, Scrum, Mercury Quality Center, Selenium Suit, Java, Silk Pilot, MS SQL Server, Oracle, TOAD, SQL, Cucumber, Ruby, Python, MS Project Plan, MS Access.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Data Validation and Back End Testing of databases to check the integrity of data using SQL Queries.
- Worked on multiple releases on different environments at the same time.
- Assisted entry-level tester(s) on reviewing requirement, preparing and executing test cases, and report software defects.
- Successful replacement of a database based back-end to an XML based middleware. Acted as the main QA analyst for interpreting this XML based middleware so other groups in the company can also query the created middleware for product and services information.
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for QA testing and report / data validation.
- Oversaw the development of a project which converted data between XML files and MS Excel document for web pages.
- Proficient in writing SQL scripts, Stored Procedures and functions for database testing.
- Requisite Pro. Designed and developed all Use Cases, UML models, Activity & Sequence diagrams using Rational Suite of products.
- Performed Regression testing to make sure all the defects found are fixed.
- Recorded the Test cases using Automation tool QTP and checked the functionality of the application for every release.
- Prepared and participated in weekly status meetings, conducted walkthroughs, documented proceedings.
- Created Traceability Matrix in Excel and in Quality Center by integrating Test cases with requirements tab.
Environment: XML, HTML, SQL, .Net, Visual Basic, SharePoint, Oracle, Windows 2000/NT, Business Objects, Tomcat App Server, Quick Test Pro 9.1, Quality Center 8.2, Internet Information Server 4.0.