- Over 7 years of IT experience in Software Testing of web based and Client - Server applications.
- Strong Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and QA Life Cycle which includes Designing, Developing and Execution of the entire QA Process and Documentation of Test plans, Test Cases, Test Procedures and Test Scripts.
- Extensive experience in Quality Assurance using Manual and automation tools which includes Selenium RC/IDE/WebDriver/Grid, QTP, Cucumber, Quality Center, SOAP UI and JMeter.
- Experience in black box, gray box and automation testing using Selenium-TestNG, Junit on web and client applications.
- Expert in developing automation testing framework using Selenium WebDriver by following java.
- Experience in developing framework for Functional Test Automation using Selenium, Java and TestNG.
- Work experience in integrating Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Continuous Integration tools Hudson/Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Experience in testing Web Services-SOA architecture, RPCs, XML transactions, SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, and REST using various industry standard tools like SOAP UI.
- Sound knowledge on Junit, TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven and Ant for Project building tool, Jenkins/Hudson for Continuous Integration.
- Experience in preparing Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Cases, and Test Scenarios, Test Data and Test Execution.
- Proficient in black box testing, performance testing, Graphical User Interface testing (GUI), User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Regression Testing, Integration Testing and white box testing.
- Experience working with Eclipse IDE and Force.com Plug-in environment.
- Experience in QA & Testing tasks like bug reporting and tracking, unit testing, GUI testing, and integration testing.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center, JIRA, IBM Clear Quest, BugZilla etc.
- Experience in creating and executing stored procedures using PL/SQL to compare the results with expected results.
- Experience in database query manipulation, SQL, PL/SQL statements, stored procedures, and triggers.
- Strong expertise in lifecycle methodologies like Rational Unified Process (RUP), Waterfall, Spiral, Agile Models and TDD (Test Driven Development) methodology.
- Excellent experience with source version control tools such as Subversion (SVN) & Git.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as part of a team.
- Highly motivated team player with analytical, organizational and technical skills, unique ability to adapt quickly to challenges and changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE/RC/Grid/WebDriver, Mercury-Quality Center, Junit, Cucumber, Jbehave, SOAP UI
Languages: C, C++, Java, C#, SQL, PL/SQL
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, CSS, XML, XSD, XSL, XSLT, XPATH
Packages: MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access), MS-Project, MS-Visual Studio, Eclipse
Servers: WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss 4/5, Apache, Tomcat
Build Tools: Ant, Maven
Continuous integration Tools: Hudson, Jenkins, Cruise Control
Database: MS Access, Oracle 11g/10g
Operating system: Windows XP/Vista/7 and UNIX.
Confidential, Broomfield, CO
QA Automation Engineer
- Analyzed Business Requirements Documents to get better understanding of the system both on technical and business perspectives.
- Worked in the agile environment with frequently changing requirements and features set.
- Prepared Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Cases based on functional specifications and user requirements.
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium WebDriver using Java programming language and TestNG Framework.
- Performed Data driven testing usingSelenium WebDriver, TestNG functions and JDBC Connections which reads data from scripts using property and XML files.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse IDE and TestNG framework.
- Used Java language and TestNG framework for scripting.
- Used ClearCase, Subversion for code repositories and Maven for the dependencies.
- Used Maven for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Implemented Page Object Model Automation framework with Java, Selenium WebDriver and Cucumber.
- Involved in integrating the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
- Designed test cases based on the use-cases and the complex business logic defined for each web-service or a message.
- Designed and Developed UAT Regression automation script and Automation of functional testing framework for all modules using Selenium and WebDriver.
- Created the test data and request for the test data dependent with the other applications to be used in the testing activities for the current release.
- Created Data Driven scripts for adding multiple customers, checking online accounts, user interface validations, reports management, etc.
- Extensively used Selenium (data-driven, XPath locator) and WebDriver to test the web application.
- Tests developed in Eclipse to start and to stop the selenium server and to execute the tests in browser.
- Extensively used XPATH, Regular expression and classes to perform UI actions. Exported output/reports for all automated testing results.
- Utilized various test tools for automation of test cases Generate test reports and performed extensive Web Services testing using SOAP UI.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Performed Smoke, Functionality, Integration, System, Regression tests based on Analysis, and understanding of the requirements, non-functional specifications, and end-user needs.
- Prepared test cases, test data and test responsibility matrices for the application under test.
- Executed Test Cases recorded in HP Quality Center manually to test the application for its functionality, system integration and verify the Exit Criteria.
- Used Git as code repository and Code Collaborator to manage code reviews.
- As part of compatibility testing, executed the workflow manager web application related test cases on different browsers different Operating Systems.
- Involved in UNIX Shell Scripts, Python, and Perl scripts.
- Implemented and worked on Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) agile methodologies completing releases ahead of schedule.
- Performed Back-End Testing, database table manipulations of relational database systems by writing complex SQL queries manually.
- Actively participated in walk-through, inspection, review and user group meetings for quality assurance with BAs, SMEs and Developers.
- Maintained Metrics and participated in the Weekly Status Updates showing the progress of the testing effort and open issues to be resolved.
Environment: s: Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins, Cucumber, SOAP UI, Maven, TestNG, Quality Center, XPATH, Eclipse, Java, Python, Perl, Unix Shell Scripts, agile, GIT, SQL, Oracle and Windows.
Confidential, Westlake, OH.
QA Automation Engineer
- Involved in developing test plan, test strategies, test scenarios, test scripts and test steps based on Business and System Use Cases.
- Actively participated in scrum meetings and reviews.
- Performed Functional tests using Selenium WebDriver with data driven framework.
- Executed Selenium tests for automation testing of the web application using Selenium Web Driver.
- Followed Test Driven Development (TDD) as much as possible and written test cases using Junit for every relevant class.
- Created test cases, test plans, tested API’s, wrote Junit test cases, executed code coverage, wrote automation scripts using Selenium, executed database queries for testing purposes and led different projects in the shipping and checkout domain.
- Involved in Functional Testing as Unit test, Method test, Test Suite, Integration Testing using different Junit methods.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium WebDriver and Junit functions which reads data from property and XML files.
- Used ANT to build and run the Selenium automation framework. Once the script got over, framework used to send the automation reports over email.
- Developed ANT Build scripts to run Sanity Test scripts developed in Selenium WebDriver.
- Used Ant for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Maintained Jenkins CI and Hudson server for scheduling auto run of smoke and regression test for builds in different environments.
- Performed build acceptance testing and smoke testing using Cucumber automation tool.
- Developed test harness for WebServices automated testing by means of SOAP UI and ANT.
- Involved in testing SOA with RESTful/SOAP Web Services. Created entire architecture for backend testing internal and third party API using Test Complete and SOAP UI.
- Performed functional testing of Web services testing using SOAP UI.
- Created Data Driven tests that randomized the test data for testing the AUT using Excel file.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Performed Smoke, Functional, Regression and Integration testing.
- Identified and reported bugs using defect tracking tool HP Quality Center and presented bug reports for weekly status updates.
- Performed data accuracy, data validation and data integrity testing by querying the database using SQL queries to check the data table on server.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database.
- Participated in Stand-up meeting, walkthrough meeting, weekly automation meeting with all other QA, weekly assessment meetings with business analysts and developers.
Confidential, Framingham, MA.
- Analyzed the user requirements, functional specifications and Use Case documents and created the Test Plans, Test cases for Functional testing.
- Used Quality Center as Test Repository for Requirements, Test plans.
- Involved in providing the Testing Effort estimates and provided the timely feedback on progress of the testing activity.
- Recorded and plays back test in Fire fox using Selenium IDE.
- Created Automation test framework using Selenium RC.
- Used Firebug Tool to identify the Object’s id, Name, XPath, link in the application.
- Exported Test case Scripts (Java-Selenium RC) in Eclipse IDE and modified the selenium scripts and executed. Prepared automation test framework (Junit).
- Developed Test Framework in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test automation (Java/Junit).
- Created Keyword-Driven Automated Frameworks using Selenium RC configured under Eclipse, Junit environment.
- Performed different testing task using various test scripts on Selenium RC and Junit.
- Tests developed in Eclipse to start and to stop the selenium server and to execute the tests in browser.
- Run tests by using Selenium remote control in different browsers.
- Examine the results of test to pinpoint defects in the application.
- As part of compatibility testing, executed the workflow manager web application related test cases on different browsers like Internet Explorer and Mozilla Fire Fox on different Operating Systems (validation).
- Wrote SQL Queries for backend testing.
- Successfully Completed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on each release of the project with the help of end user requirements.
- Involved in weekly walkthroughs and inspection meetings, to verify the status of the testing effort and the project as a whole and leading offshore team.
Confidential, Mountain View, CA.
- Analyzed Business and Functional requirements of the application and worked with Business users to understand project requirements and to figure out the scope of test strategy.
- Developed detailed Test Plan, Test Case Documents based on the TRD, FRD and BRD.
- Executed Automation Testing for Java/J2EE applications using Selenium IDE & Selenium RC.
- Developed Selenium RC Scripts using java and Junit covering all requirements for enhancements.
- Involved in Automation of Web Application using Selenium IDE.
- Used Selenium to automate Web Application testing.
- Implemented Modular framework for Selenium Scripts using Page library.
- Created Selenium Test cases with Junit Test case frame work using page library.
- Developed ANT scripts to automate Build Process for running Regression Scripts.
- Used Selenium Grid to run tests on multiple platforms in parallel.
- Performed manual testing and Front-end Web based Functionality testing, for Smoke testing, Regression testing, Integration testing and System testing.
- Tracked defects with tools like BugZilla, Jira.
- Involved in testing the database and data validation using SQL Queries.
- Used SQL Queries in back end testing, checking referential integrity and variables as well.
- Involved in different meetings and walkthroughs and sent weekly status to QA manager.
Environment: Java, Selenium RC/IDE, Jira, Ant, Junit, XPath, Eclipse, Oracle, SQL, JSP, UNIX.
- Created test plans and test cases in concert with system engineers and web designers.
- Involved validating sites across browsers and operating systems, the accuracy of links, visual presentation and its alignment with design specifications, and database updates.
- Tested the application manually prior to automation for functional testing.
- Performed Manual performance testing to identify various critical points in the application.
- Created Test Cases Test Plans and Test labs using Quality Centre.
- Supported new and existing products by configuring and testing software products and software components of a website.
- Provided Estimates for testing and updated the Project Plan with the testing timelines.
- Wrote SQL queries and statements to test database for retrieving information.
- Coordinated the walkthrough and kickoff meetings with developers and project managers.
Environment: Java, Quality Center, BugZilla, Oracle, SQL, Windows.
QA Manual Tester
- Involved in analyzing user requirements for application enhancements and preparing testing specifications.
- Developed comprehensive test plans based on defect and business scenarios.
- Involved in validating major releases by running the system tests and regression tests for HDS and maintaining the defect tracker database.
- Prepared test data based on exact definition of defect (for positive testing).
- Prepared test data as per exact opposite definition of defect (for negative testing).
- Executed test cases on test region and validated functionality of the new fix and verified if new fix is impacting existing functionality.
- Conducted regression testing on release, verified that no new defects were caused by production fixes.
- Wrote SQL quires to validate the data in the database.
- Wrote validating shell scripts according to departmental coding standards.
- Bug tracking was done through Quality Center.
Environment: Manual Testing, Quality Center, SQL Server, Windows XP and UNIX.