- Over around 8 years of experience in software testing in Manual, Selenium Automation and QTP Automation.
- Well exposed to Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) consisting business needs requirement analysis, development, test and maintenance.
- Tested Web services, XML, WSDL using SOAPUI tool. Modified end points when we worked on different servers and different versions of web services.
- Proficient in analyzing system & functional specifications, use cases, business requirements, business rules to prepare test schedules.
- Well versed black box testing, white box testing and gray box testing.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Selenium IDE, Selenium Web driver, Selenium Grid using Core Java for developing automation scripts in Eclipse IDE.
- Experience in designing the Java Frameworks like TestNG
- Used Eclipse IDE for developing automation scripts.
- Experience in testing database applications of RDBMS in Oracle, My - SQL and SQLServer by executing SQL Queries.
- Performed feasibility, adaptability study and risk analysis to identify the business critical areas from USER perspective and supported multi-tier applications.
- Involved in Functional, Integration, security, performance and Interoperability testing for the SOA/Web service based applications.
- Extensive experience with all stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Expertise in Selenium automation using Selenium Web-Driver with TestNG
- Good Experience in AGILE and WATERFALL Models.
- Well versed with various Testing stages/Levels/Phases, Testing types, Testing Techniques and Quality work products.
- Hands on experience in preparing Test plans, Test cases, automated tests and Test data and executing the same.
- Good Experience on Test management tools like Quality Centre.
Operating Systems: Windows & Linux.
Web Service Tools: SoapUI, Rest.
Test Management Tools: Quality Center
Bug Tracking Tools: Bugzilla, Bug Tracker and JIRA.
Web Technologies: HTML, XML
Databases: SQL, PL/SQL& Oracle
Scripting Languages: VB-Script, Java, .net
Automation Tool: QTP, Load Runner, Selenium
Confidential, Deerfield, IL
- Analyzed Business and System Requirements of the Application
- Followed Agile Methodology for application Implementation and Testing
- Participating in sprint daily scrum, planning, Review, meetings.
- Developed Test Plan Document for numerous Releases
- Performed Smoke, Functional, System, Regression and Integration with Positive, Negative Test cases.
- Extensively used SQL for Back End testing to validate data in the database.
- Documented test results, and sent email communications with test results.
- Developing Regression suit for various module using Selenium Web driver with core Java in Eclipse IDE.
- Used various available features of Selenium to develop efficient and error free Automated Test Scripts using Java in Eclipse IDE.
- Identified the Automation scenarios, Designed/Setup the Hybrid framework, prepared the UI Object Info, Functions, test Data, Prepared the Test Suite using JAVA Framework TestNG, Executed the Scripts, and updated the scripts as part of maintenance.
- Automate the test cases using Selenium Web driver with JAVA Framework TestNG
- Performed Gray Box Testing, Regression Testing, Functional Testing, Usability testing
- Experience in Integration, System Testing using different devices (iPhone, IPad Web based applications)
- Performed testing on Mobile devices for compatibility check
- Involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Execute Browser Compatibility Testing (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) of a Web based application
- Create and execute End to End Use Cases for User Acceptance Testing
- Responsible for centralizing the testing approaches in various projects.
- Prepared status summary reports with details of executed, passed and failed Test Cases also involved in weekly status and task review meeting.
Environment: SQL Server, Eclipse, Java, Selenium IDE, Selenium Grid, Selenium Web driver, Jira, Android, iOS
Confidential, Springfield, IL
- Gathered specifications and requirements to develop Test Plans and to create Test Cases using Quality Center.
- Actively participated inagile testing. Completed tasks on time for each sprint to meet the deadlines.
- Used Selenium IDE for Open source web testing.
- Involved in creation of Automation test framework using Selenium.
- Used Firebug Tool to identify the Object’s id, Name, XPath, link in the application.
- Added annotations to the test. (Selenium).
- Developed the Automation Test Scripts using Java and execution using Selenium.
- Involved in executing all Selenium test scripts on the different browsers and checked for compatibility.
- Regression test cases were automated using Selenium, Web Driver, and Web Driver Backed Selenium.
- Executing Test Cases, Test Plans and Analyzing the Test Results.
- Developed the Positive and Negative Test Cases for various modules based on the business requirements.
- Performed Manual Testing on different Modules of the Application.
- Investigated software bugs and maintained reports, tracked defects.
- Prepared detailed reports of Bugs and Defects, Pass/Fail reports and comparison analysis, and interacted with the development teams, application and data architecture team, migration and build teams and the DBA team to report and correct defects.
- Extensively used Quality Center for test planning, maintain test cases and defects.
- Categorized bugs based on the severity and interfaced with developers to resolve them.
- Execution of daily smoke tests to ensure the deployment of each environment is stable.
- Divided various functional areas of the application into various Risk Levels for effective testing of the application, also risk leveled all the Test Cases accordingly.
- Prepared status summary reports with details of executed, passed and failed test cases.
Environment: AgileMethodology, Java, J2EE, Selenium, Web logic App Server, Quality center, UNIX, MS Office andSQL Server
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Performed Functional, Regression, Ad Hoc on Web based applications.
- Developed and maintained test suites, test cases.
- Automates Smoke and Functional test cases usingSeleniumWebdriver, TestNG and Java.
- Developed automation test cases using TestNG framework and Selenium Webdriver.
- Developed test cases and tested them based on the Business Requirements, Test Scenarios and analyzed the actual results against the expected results.
- Attended weekly defect report meetings and presented progress updates.
- Coordinated with developers and system engineers to fix application defects.
- Implemented and worked on Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) methodologies completing releases ahead of schedule.
- Tested application compatibility for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath.
- Followed the decision tree table in creating the test cases as specified in the requirement document.
- Cross-Browser Testing both Manual and usingSelenium.
- Executed various SQL Queries to perform the backend testing.
- Used JIRA as the defect-tracking tool. Updated JIRA with all the changes made to the test case and closed it when all the requirements were met as specified.
Confidential, Mayfield Village, OH
Senior Quality Tester
- Maintained software integrity and traceability throughout the SDLC with a systematic control of changes to the system.
- Participated in cross-team meetings with developers and design architects to understand functional requirements and base-lined functional tests.
- Preparation of Test cases and executing the respective modules & Review of Test cases written by others in the team.
- Developed detailed Test Plans and Test Cases in Quality Center and executed them.
- Generated the test scripts for Functional, Data driven and Regression testing using the automated testing toolsSelenium.
- Performed Data Driven testing and checking the behavior of the application and analyzed the results.
- Executed Integration testing and Regression testing for all critical transactions.
- Responsible for GUI Testing, System Testing and Acceptance Testing.
- Defect logging and tracking through QC.
- Participated in Extensively used SQL for data integrity testing at the backend.
- Worked as a liaison between Development team and testing team.
- Investigated Software defects and interacted with Analysts to resolve technical issues.
- Used Quality Center to check out the latest versions of the build for testing purposes, and check in the updated test cases, and test documentation periodically.
- Involved in preparation of many test deliverables like RTM, Metrics, Defect reports etc.
- Responsible for sending the status email to Test Manger and Developer team manager with the list of bug and uploading test document to livelink (where all documents are shared).
Environment: Java, Oracle, Quality Center,Selenium, SQL and Livelink, Windows XP, Apache Tomcat.
Confidential, Gallipolis, OH
- Involvement in all the stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) like Requirements Specifications Review, Test documentation, Application testing and Defect reporting.
- Participated in Requirement Specification Meetings (RSD) to understand the application's functional requirements to initialize the test scenarios, test flows and test procedures.
- Prepared Test cases for positive and negative test scenarios as referred in the user stories keeping in mind the
- Boundary Value Limitations, Equivalence classes.
- Scripted Tests and automated usingSeleniumIDE /SeleniumWebDriver at OS level for User Interface (UI).
- Used Hybrid/Data Driven Framework and extracted the data from external Excel files using Apache POI.
- Configured the Test Cases to receive input Test Data Sets for the corresponding test cases using TestNG Data Provider Annotation.
- Performed Cross Browser Testing on different types of browsers to run all the tests at the same using TestNG.
- Used JIRA to track bugs and maintained the flow of iterations.
- Performed Regression testing usingSeleniumWebDriver, TestNG and Jenkins Continuous Integration.
- Executed Batch files usingSelenium.
- Performed black box testing, database testing and web-based testing on each transaction using Selenium.
- Scripted the Test cases and managed the framework dependency jars using Maven. Used Maven to perform build from Jenkins Continuous Integration.
- Scripted SQL queries to verify data integrity, data validation and data design.
Environment: SeleniumIDE,SeleniumWeb Driver, TestNG, Java, Eclipse, Hybrid/Data Driven FrameworkCucumber, Linux, Oracle, SQL, JIRA, SVN, Maven, Jenkins.
Confidential, Bronx, NY
- Test Environment set up using octopus tool.
- Requirement gathering for testing through building test plans to execute test cases.
- Participated in design reviews and quality inspections for each release
- Writing Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Scripts.
- Participated in System Testing, Regression Testing and Interface Testing
- Prepared Test Data and performed Positive and Negative testing.
- Created Test plans - Test cases for GUI, Regression and functional testing.
- Execution of test cases, verification the actual results against the expected results and Documenting in the test plan.
- Analyzing specifications, Identified data and test requirements, developing QA test plan and ensuring its proper and timely execution from functional specification documents.
- Creating/executing test cases coordinate integration of applications on a multi-server
- Reviewing the database test cases.
- Executed database test cases according to release.
- Environment, and perform basic troubleshooting, conducting regression tests.
- Defect Reporting & Defect Tracking using Product Studio.