- Over 6 Years of IT experience in Analysis and Testing of ETL - BI solutions for Data Migration/ Hadoop CDS Eco System, Data Warehouse/BI Reports, and Manual Client/Server applications.
- Experience in using ETL Informatica 9.6.1 tool and running ETL Sessions & Workflows using WF Manager and Monitor and testing Informatica Web Services application and used SOAPUI as third party tool.
- Participated in Leading activities from Onsite and actively involved in Communication across all the teams with Program Managers, PM’s, Development & BA teams to ensure smooth final user deliverable
- Worked on various Domains like Financial, Tax/Audit, Manufacturer, Retail, E-Commerce, Health Care Insurance, and Supply Chain.
- Worked with heterogeneous databases and expertise in writing Complex SQL Queries using Teradata, Oracle and Netezza and in validating data into Data Warehouse/ETL applications.
- Extensively tested the CDS Hadoop Eco system and also file ingestion process by using Ab-initio Graphs from SFTP SOR files to Hadoop HDFS Conformed zone and from Conformed Zone to Semantic Zone.
- Expertise in OLTP/OLAP System Study, Slowly Changing Dimensions types 1/2/3 (SCD'S) Analysis and E-R modeling, developing Database Schemas like Star flake schema and Snowflake schema used in relational, dimensional and multidimensional modeling
- Strong working experience in the Data Analysis, Data Verification and Validation of an ETL Applications using Backend/Database Testing.
- Extensively used ETL methodology for testing and supporting data extraction, transformations and loading process, in a corporate-wide-ETL Solution using SQL Queries & Informatica DVO.
- Experience with Database tools like Teradata SQL Assistant 15.10, TOAD 12.1, and SQL Server 2014 Management studio for creating and executing SQL Queries and used for FTP/SFTP FileZilla or WINSCP as Open Source tool for accessing Unix Files.
- Validating Sales date from POS to Financials in SAP/Database and to validate different tender types onPOS: cash, cards, gift cards, Mall certificates, Payment Gateway Processing, Promotions, Discounts, Return and Exchange transactions.
- Test functionality of ecommerce application (ETAIL) fromPOSthat interacts with the database.
- Extensive experience in Black Box Testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, Performance Testing on Warehouse Applications.
- Involved in preparation of Traceability Matrix based on High/Detail requirements and Test Cases using ALM 12.0, QA Sign off Documents and maintaining Weekly Status Reports.
Test Management Tools: QTP, TestDirector 9.0/8.0/7.5, Quality Center 9.0/8.2
Data Warehousing: Data Stage, Informatica, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Ab Initio, Business Objects
Bug Reporting: Quality Center 9.2,Rational Clear Quest, Test Director, Bugzilla
Programming/Scripting Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, XSLT, JCL, HTML, XML
Operating Systems: Windows XP/NT/2000, DOS, Mac 10.4, AIX-UNIX, LINUX
Databases: Oracle 10g/9i/8i/7.3, MSSQLServer 8/7.0/7.5/2005 , Sybase12.0/11.0, MS Access 2005, Teradata V2R6/V2R5
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Worked with Business /Technical Analyst in analysis of functional design specifications of ETL/Data warehouse applications four global regions including Asia, Australia and New Zealand, Europe and the Middle East, and North America.
- Involved in creation of Test Plans, Test Cases, and Test Execution based on mapping specs to validate the Source to STG to Target Access Layer.
- Analyzed Mapping documents for FINANCE/ RISK/ ADHOC applications based on Facts & Dimensions and validating the DDL, Counts, Not Nulls, Duplicates, PK & FK validation, business rules to be applied on target tables.
- Tested SCD II scenarios on application data interfaces and making sure New Inserts/ Updates / Deletes/ No Change of loading the data is done correctly.
- Analyzed and tested the BTEQ scripts where data has been loaded from Staging to Access Layer and end users for Reporting use final data.
- Tested Complete Inventory Financing Process from Customers like Manufacturer/Distributor and Dealers, Invoices, Transaction Statement/ Payment Terms and Ships/Orders Inventory to Access Layer CDF DW/ RISK DW/ FINANCE DW.
- Experience in using the Informatica Tool DVO to validate straight moves from Source to Stage Data. Created test cases in DVO for automating regression validation for table-to-table validation.
- Involved in Preparing the UAT Test Scenario's, Test Cases to accomplish complete requirement and testing coverage.
- Wrote complex SQL queries based on mapping rules in Staging area using SQL Server Management Studio, TOAD and used Teradata to test from Staging to Access Layer.
- Log project related issues in the defect-tracking tool identified for the project and creation of Traceability Matrix for the project for each entity and marking down Test requirement, Test Head line, Actual & Expected result.
- Used file transfer WINSCP SFTP to fetch the target files from archive folder on shared drive after running the target feeds to compare against source.
- Implemented Agile Process - SCRUM Methodology with Face-to-face conversation with project team for frequent deliveries of product to end-user.
- Estimate the Project Requirements and escalate issues with Project Requirements to Project Manager / Test Manager as well escalate issues within the Application to the Client
- Used ALM 12.0 as Test management tool to manage and organize Requirements Coverage, Test Cases, Test Scripts and Creation of defects.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 11, OBIEE, Oracle 10, SQL Server Management Studio, TOAD for Oracle, ALM 12.0, Teradata SQL Assistant, MS Excel and Windows XP.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Analyzed the Specifications and involved in identifying the source data needs to be moved to data warehouse.
- Well exposed to SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and Test methodologies.
- Configured the QA Environment for Manual Testing as well as Automation through autosys.
- Tested the data and data integrity among various sources and targets.
- Extensive knowledge on SOX standards & BASEL II Final Rule for Capital Calculations.
- Designed, developed stored procedures using PL/SQL and tuned SQL queries for better performance.
- Used debugger to test the data flow between source and target and to fix the invalid mappings.
- Used InformaticaPowerCenter 8.6.1and its all features extensively in migrating data from OLTP to Enterprise Data warehouse.
- Designed and created the Microsoft Visio diagram which represents the workflow and execution process of all the process in the reinsurance world.
- Written various Autosys JIL Scripts to activate the UNIX scripts in production i.e. Jil scripts for the Box and Commands.
- Enhanced the daily test automation environment using Python 2.3
- Created several Ad-hoc reports in Business Objects XI R2 to validate the data.
- Involved in testing the Business Objects performance & connectivity across different domains.
- Tested complex objects to the universe to enhance the report functionality.
- Extensively used SQL queries to check storage and accuracy of data in database tables.
- Written complex SQL queries for validating the data stored in different database tables.
- Helped the team in analyzing the data to be able to identify the data quality issues
- As a Test Lead involved in gathering System and Business requirements, studying and coordinated with the Development and Business teams to prepare Test Plans and Execution Plans.
- Involved in Database testing by writing & executing SQL & PLSQL queries using TOAD to validate that data is being populated in an appropriate tables & manually comparing the results with front-end values.
- Worked as ETL Tester responsible for the requirements / ETL Analysis, ETL Testing of the flow and the logic for the Data warehouse project.
- Monitored the data move process through Data Extract to Flat file through Informatica Execution flows and Loading data to Data mart through NZLOAD utility.
- Tested database for Data Validation, Data Verification using NZ SQL.
- Involved in writing the test cases and Test plans based on Informatica mappings and Data Analyst mappings, BA Visio diagrams.
- Used PMCMD command to start, stop and ping server from UNIX.
- Extensively worked on handling the application response for Positive and Negative sets of data using data driven testing. Also manually tested the application for each system build, for both negative and positive testing.
- Involved in automation of test cases using QTP.
- Did functional testing usingQTP
- Good experience in communicating with offshore team
- Communication with the client for weekly status report
- Test execution in accordance with test strategy and test schedule, review; issue identification and data mining exercises in accordance with project plan timelines.
- Tested the ETL process for both before data validation and after data validation process. Tested the messages published by ETL tool and data loaded into various databases.
- Generated tractability Matrices to ensure that all the requirements are covered by the test cases.
- Extensively used Informatica Debugger for testing the mapping logic during Unit Testing. Performed unit testing, integrated testing and validated results with Business Analyst and/or customer.
- Involved in FTP process to transfer the files from one server to other.
- Automated and scheduled the Informatica jobs using UNIX Shell Scripting.
- Stimulated several production cycles. Worked with data validation, constraints, record counts, and source to target, row counts, random sampling and error processing.
- Participated in Daily and weekly status meeting with team members and coordinated with teams (Development, Business, and QA) for the progress of the work done in application.
Environment: Informatica power center 9.1.0 1, SQL, PL/SQL,Python 2.3,Autosys 4.5,Unix Shell Scripting,Business Objects Enterprise XI R2/ R3, Oracle 9.2 and 10G, Teradata V2R6, HP Quality Center 10, Autosys, MQ Series, Microsoft Visio, Web Focus report
ETL/DW/Back End Tester
Confidential, New Jersey
- Designed and developed Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Cases in HP Quality Center and executed them.
- Involved in writing the Test Plans based on Business Requirement and Functional Requirement documents.
- Involved in implementation of the Test plans, Test cases and Test Scripts.
- Created Test sets in Test Lab to move all the test cases from Test plan to execute the test cases.
- Tested the data and data integrity among various sources and targets.
- Developed and involved in both Manual Testing and Automation Test Scripts based on Use cases developed.
- Tested to verify that all data were synchronized after the data is troubleshoot, and also used SQL to verify/validate my test cases.Testing and bug fixing of an embedded logging application written in Python.
- Provided Autosys expertise for batch processes running in the QA environment within the Enterprise Business Intelligence group.
- Experience with Autosys job scheduler including jil scripting, virtual machines and Converted existing scheduled processes from Cron to Autosys.
- TestedBusiness Objects reportsand Web Intelligence reports.
- Managed user accounts and security using Business Objects Supervisor.
- Tested the universes and reports in Business Objects 6.0
- Extensively used Informatica power center for ETL process.
- Preparation of ETL mapping specifications.
- Workedwith QTP for Regression Testing.
- Configured Quick Test Professional with Quality center.
- Executed of QTP Script for automation testing, analyzing the automation result
- Reviewed Informatica mappings and test cases before delivering to Client.
- Used all Teradata utilities including Fast Load, Multi Load, Fast Export, SQL Assistant, BTEQ & TPUMP
- Trained and coordinated with the offshore team members in understanding the requirements and test cases for UAT.
- Tested the ETL Informatica mappings and other ETL Processes (Data Warehouse Testing).
- Involved in ETL Mapping Design and Performance tuning to Load mapping process.
- Experienced in writing complex SQL queries for extracting data from multiple tables.
- Reviewed the test cases written based on the Change Request document.
- Testing has been done based on Change Requests and Defect Requests.
- Involved in preparation of System Test Results after Test case execution.
- Experienced in writing UNIX script.
- Effectively coordinated with the development team.
- Created critical scenarios for each change request and defect request.
- Worked on HP Quality Center and updated defects status with appropriate information. Test cases and Test plans are managed and controlled using HP Test Director. And also used HP Test Director to manage and track defects.
- Involved in various testing phases like Unit Testing, System Integration Testing, Validation Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Parallel Testing, Performance Testing and Regression Testing.
- Used various SQL queries to validate the test case results for back-end test cases.
- Well exposed to Software Development Life Cycle and Test methodologies.
- Hands on experience with working on Autosys jobs and MQ’s. MQ’s are used for intermediate storage where the messages are stored for temporary purpose.
- Hands on experience working with SQL Server DTS Packages
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.1, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Server 2000/2005, Unix Shell Scripting, XML, XML Spy 2008, XSLT, TOAD 9.2,Oracle 9.2, SOA, SOAP UI, REST Teradata, HP Quality Center, Rational Suite, DB Artisan 8.5.2, Autosys, MQ’s
ETL SQL/QA Tester
- Analyzed business requirements, system requirements, data mapping requirement specifications, and responsible for documenting functional requirements and supplementary requirements in Quality Center
- Involved in developing detailed test plan, test cases and test scripts using Quality Center for Functional and Regression Testing
- Designing the template and structure for data extraction and processing using SSIS and its different tools from
- Different sources of Production server, Excel sheets
- Experienced in working with DB2,Teradata
- Extensively used Data Stage for extraction, transformation and loading process.
- Involved in Data mapping specifications to create and execute detailed system test plans. The data mapping specifies what data will be extracted from an internal data warehouse, transformed and sent to an external entity
- Scheduling and automating jobs to be run in a batch process.
- Executed and scheduled tasks; batch processing, metadata management and data mapping.
- Involved in Teradata SQL Development, Unit Testing and Performance Tuning
- Extensively used T-SQL to verify and validate the data loaded to the SQL Server 2008
- Created the test environment for Staging area, loading the Staging area with data from multiple sources
- Written several Sql and PL/SQL stored procedures. Tested the output of Statements from sql vs. ETL output.
- Used T-SQL for Querying the SQL server database for data validation and data conditioning
- Tested on the Data Validation rules of various input data files through the generic conditioning graph ensuring the integrity of data used for processing based on the rules
- Tested SQL queries, PL/SQL scripts to validate the data and performance of the database.
- Involved in developing detailed test plan, test cases and test scripts using Quality Center for Functional and Regression Testing.
- Worked with ETL group for understating Data Stage.
- Extracted Data using SSIS from DB2, XML, Oracle and flat files, Excel perform transformations and populate the data warehouse
- Responsible for Data mapping testing by writing complex SQL Queries using WINSQL
- Experience in creating UNIX scripts for file transfer and file manipulation
- Validating the data passed to downstream systems
- Tested different reports including detail, summary reports and on demand reports developed by SSRS Report Studio
- Tested data warehouse ETL process using SSIS (Integration Service)
- Used TOAD Software for Querying ORACLE and Used Win SQL for Querying DB2.
- Strong in writing UNIX shells scripting. Automated and scheduled the Data stage jobs using UNIX Shell Scripting.
- Used Quality Center to track and report system defects and writing test cases/scripts
- Involved in testing the XML files and checked whether data is parsed and loaded to staging tables
Environment: Data Stage, SSIS, SSRS, DB2, Java,SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, TeradataSQLAssistant 7.0,XML, IBM AIX 5.3,UNIX, Shell Scripting, WINSQL, Ultra edit,Quality Center9.2