- Over 8+ years of IT experience as a Software Developer and SDET Engineer in Application Development, Manual, Automated, Web services and Mobile Testing for Web based and Client/Server based applications.
- Experience in performing Integration testing, Regression testing, Database testing, System testing, Data verification testing and User acceptance testing (UAT)
- Firm Knowledge of different phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Agile Methodology and Waterfall.
- Strong experience in Ruby, Rails framework,JIRA, GIT, Jenkins, Rally, QC, Microsoft test manager.
- Extensive experience in preparing Test strategy, Test plan, Test scenarios, Test casesand Test scripts based on User requirements and System Requirements
- Expertise in Selenium Components: Selenium WebDriver/GRID/IDE
- Experience in setting up test environment for automated script execution using Selenium WebDriver, Java and TestNG
- Extensively Worked on Creation of Data Driven, Modular driven and Page Object Module Frameworks
- Extensive experience in designing and executing test cases for GUI testing, Functionality, Regression and Integration Testing.
- Experience in using the Test Management Tool (Quality Center, Test Director, Test Complete, Rational Test Manager) during entire Testing Phase.
- Experience testing middleware application, Linux and windows based application using testing IBM’s Rational Integration Tester (RIT)
- Well versed in creation of automation test scripts for Cross Browser Testing for Firefox, Safari, Chrome and IE using Selenium Grid
- Good programming experience wif Core Java/Perl/Shell/Python
- Experience in using the automated testing tools Win Runner (GUI Testing, TSL, Web Testing, and Context Sensitive & Analog Recording), Test Director, and VSTS (Visual Studio and Microsoft automation Framework using C#).
- Extensively worked on creation of HTML report. Performed value addition by integrating HTML report to current framework.
- Experience of using testing tools like Quality Center, Microsoft Test Manager(MTM), Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server(TFS)
- Gained a strong foundation of knowledge in creating manual and automation test scripts, and in facilitating Defect Triage meetings to mitigate risks and ensure client satisfaction.
- Knowledge and Experience in Content Management System (CMS).
- Experienced on BDD (Behavior Driven Development) andTDD (Test Driven Development)
- Well versed in Webservices and API testing using SoapUI tool for both SOAP and REST services
- Experience in performing Automation for REST Web Services using Maven Projects integrated wif TestNG and Junit frameworks
- Worked in Java script based technologies like nodejs, angular.js, cucumberjs, webdriverjs, protractori, cucumber, mongodb.
- Hands on experience in different Testing methodologies like Black Box, White Box, Smoke Testing Functional testing, Regression testing, Retesting, Unit Testing, Integration testing, GUI testing, System Testing, Reports Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Experienced in using web traffic inspecting tools such as Firebug, Fiddler, and Charles web proxy.
- Hands on experience and good knowledge on SOA architectures such as SOAP and REST, OOP languages like Core Java, Groovy Scripting and Build and continuous integration tools like Maven and Jenkins1.5
- Mentoring the team for implementation of test automation framework for mobile testing using Appium
- Technical expertise in UNIX Commands.
- Expertise in Bug Reporting, Bug Tracking using Rally and JIRA and actively interacted wif the development team to fix crucial bugs.
- Worked on special assigned projects in Excel. Proficiently used excel functions like V - lookup, sum if, count if, pivot tables, macros in cash received analysis and cash forecast reports.
- Used Mercury Quality(MQ) center for Test Management and Maintained the Test Cases and Test Scripts
- RIT experience in automating publish, subscribe and transformation of messages wifin middleware
- Good knowledge on Swift programming language.
- UsedSelenium, Jmeter, Winrunner and Loadrunnertoautomate performance and loadtesting. Used tools such asHP/Mercury QTP, Quality Center, Test DirectorandTest Partner.
- Worked on web based and cloud based applications(salesforce) testing in agile environment.
- Performed SQL query executions in Database as a part of backend Data Verifications and Test case data setup. Knowledge of RDBMS and proven SQL skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills along wif a good aptitude for learning.
Testing tools: Selenium IDE/RC/Web driver, Selenium GRID, Loadrunner9,Quality Center, Team Foundation Server, JUnit, TestNG, SoapUI Pro, REST API, RIT, Jenkins 1.5, QTP, Maven
Test management tools: Rally, JIRA, Test Complete and SVN
Web Development: HTML, XML, REST, JSON
Frameworks: Selenium Web Testing, Cucumber, RESTful Web Services, MySQL
Platforms: Windows, UNIX
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Opera
MS Office tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access
Mobile Testing Tool: Appium for iOS and Android
Build tools: Maven, Jenkins, and Protractor
Confidential, Rochester, MN
Sr. SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test)
- As a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), I involved in implementing the framework, developing automation scripts for the new User stories and maintain and run the Regression Scripts
- Built test automation solutions in agile environment.
- Participate in design of Proof of Concept wif QA Lead
- Coordinate wif Onshore and Offshore Team
- Identify methods to optimize the overall test effort through scripted automation. Converted previously generated manual test case suites to scripted automation
- Executed automated test, manual tests, performed ad hoc testing, reported issues and incidents
- Involved creation of comprehensive test automation framework using Page Object Model to reduce repetitive testing using Selenium Webdriver, Eclipse IDE, Java, TestNG and other APIs
- Conducted Smoke testing, Functional testing, Regression testing, Integration testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Cross browser testing and Data validation
- Created Automation Test Scripts in Test Complete and involved in Automation Infrastructure Development in Test Complete.
- Developed scripts to navigate to various iframes and to handle multiple windows and performed operations on the web elements. Dealt wif Accessing Links and Tables using Selenium WebDriver. Incorporated the test data in Test jscripts from Excel using Apache POI API.
- Developing TEST Frame works using TestNG/ Junit, ANT/MAVEN build tools.
- Performed manual and automation testing wif REST webservices using Java, Jenkins and Selenium. Monitored the automation results
- Conducted Defect triage meetings
- Facilitated Defect Triage meeting. Informed Senior Management of Risks / Issues discovered while testing.
- Involved in testing Web services and XML wif tool called SOAP UI and using dis tool to locate WSDL file on internet, create Test cases and run them.
- Created Automation Test scripts using Cucumber frame work wif selenium-webdriver and Page objects.
- Used APPIUM as a server for mobile app testing on IOS and Android systems
- Performed functional, integration testing, user interface, End to End, cross browser compatibility testing for web application
- Writing Data Access Layers wif C#
- Executed Manual, Black box and white box testing to verify the functionality to meet the business requirements
- Developed and executed White box test cases of the Java API using TestNG framework and Eclipse.
- Created and executed DTE Automation test scripts suites using Perl/Shell/Python for daily regression runs and identified software errors and interacted wif development teams to resolve the regression issues.
- Delivered functional crosswalk between ALM/QC and TFS/MTM for QA consistency.
- Create and maintain test scripts coded using RIT tool adhering to the tool defined rules
- Used Jenkins for continuous integration and to build periodically
- Wrote queries in SQL developed and executed them to modify /analyze the data from the Oracle database and compared it wif results from web service response. Checked data integrity and consistency
- Used JIRAfor raising issues, bugs, defect tracking, writing suggestion, writing and executing test
- Used Git Hub as version control tool
- Build feature files for Cucumber steps using ATDD framework in Selenium.
- Extensively involved in resolving bugs fixes and suggesting code changes to the development team
Confidential, Plano, TX
Sr. SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test)
- Analyzed the user requirements, functional specifications and Use Case documents and created the Test Plans, Test cases for Functional testing
- Involved in Designing Requirement Traceability Matrix to analyze changes and identify the areas of application for Regression Testing
- Developed test plans, test cases for different modules of project
- Created Automation Data Driven Scripts using Selenium Web driver and Maven
- Extensively used Gherkin scripts for Cucumber to generate automation scripts
- Grab network traffic logs wif tools like Firebug, and Charles web proxyfor site, and mobile testing.
- Developed Automation scripts, review and execute regressions using Selenium Web driver
- Responsible for updating and maintenance of automation framework wrotegrunttasks to set upselenium grid connectiononAWSor VCAC box, deploy test environments, connect to Oracle db server,read excel/json files, load retrieve shared data fromMongodband execute cucumber andprotractortests.
- Involved in ETL Testing dat are scheduled for file transfers from operational data stores to designated file systems/directories
- Executed white box testing to ensure coding standards and application requirements.
- Designed test cases for manual and automation testing, developed and maintained checklists for regression using DTE/Perl/Shell/Python automation, functional and system testing for SOA/WC/ECM/RCU Projects.
- Proposed solutions for automation enhancements, used VB scripts andQTPto automate regression test sets, usedJIRAfor coding integrating and customer work flows, usedSoapUIfor deployment, functional testing, load testing of web application
- Extensively worked wif DOM and locating a web element using Id, CSS selector and XPath
- Involved in creation of Reusable methods in Selenium
- Created month-end and quarter end cash collected reports for the management. Gatheird data and created reports in excel using pivot table and V-LookUp, analyzed the cash collected data and researched the variances
- Performed functional testing of cloud based(salesforce) web applications
- Used Agile practices and Test Driven Development(TDD) techniques to provide reliable, working software early and often
- Tested Beta versions of WebSphere MQ using Java testing tools and sent detailed reports of recommendations to the development team.
- Used APPIUM as a server for mobile app testing on IOS and Android systems
- Determined MQ code defects and implements resolutions
- Created and ran functional and load tests on web services(SoapUI) prior to implementation
- Performed cross browser testing in Chrome, IE and Mozilla Firefox using Selenium Grid
- Involved in functional, integration and regression testing
- Documented and reported all defects in Rally for test management
- Provided validation of data through SQL queries
- Working wif Offshore team, sending daily assignments, conducting meetings, reviewing tasks and verifying the QA status.
- Analyzed the script execution report using java framework like TestNG
- Design and execute test cases for user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Evaluated of Change Requests and Impact Analysis for projects
Software Quality Engineer
- Involved in Business Requirement walkthroughs right from the beginning of the project
- Created test strategy, which includes testing types, test design, execution & environment strategy, test data identification, creation and mining approaches, defect management strategies and Identify the tools for test reporting, management & automation
- Troubleshoot and reported bugs for Intelligent Mailing Bar-coding module and Postage Module and DF work installation. Used QTP for web based application testing.
- Uploaded requirements into the Quality center in the Analysis phase and map the requirements wif the test cases to achieve Requirement tractability.
- Responsible for authoring, reviewing and executing the Test Cases.
- Worked wif Developers and System Analysts for identifying and resolving Defect and issues through Defect triage meetings
- Developed application logic using C#, PowerScript,VB.NET
- Creating test scripts using VB Script in Test Complete Test Automation tool for regression testing.
- Used QC/ALM as a defect tracking tool to track the defects.
- Used HPQuality Centerto write/manage Test Plans, enter/track defects, generate test sets, monitor test runs, requirement coverage, execution status, defect per user and generate reports
- Customizing Microsoft’s Team Foundation Server according to the company’s requirements.
- Defect logging, assignment and tracking through Microsoft Test Manager
- Testing multiple content controls dat are created and incorporated in to Team Foundation Server (TFS) work item types.
- Executing Manual, White box and Black box Testing
- Extensively worked on VuGen and used Controller to perform Load Test and Stress Test.
- Creates scripts using J-Meter (2.12), HTTP and executed scripts.
- Experience wif test tools like HP QC or FitNesse
- Used Robotium as a server for mobile app testing on Android systems
- Used SVN as version control tool
- Writing complex SQL queries for data validation for verifying the SSIS Packages and SSRS reports and business Rules.
- Followed testing processes and approaches according to Confidential Standards
- Involved in preparing Requirement Traceability Matrix for the projects
- Also used QC as the Defect Management tool to upload defects and to track the status of them and to communicate wif the development and business teams by adding comments to the defect
- Participated in Walkthrough, Review meetings and Weekly Status Reporting.
- Preparation\ Review of Test Summary Report at the closure of project.
- Involved in User Acceptance Testing to support business team in creating test data, defect creation and tracking.
- Responsible for design and development cycle of funding, document management and archiving modules, implementation and integration of components wif the application.
- Involved in High Level Design and Low Level Design of the module components
- Involved in all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle
- Implemented Parsing and Rendering modules in J2ME. Implemented Caching Mechanism
- Responsible for test project status reporting, defect tracking and risk assessments
- Followed design guidelines / coding guidelines to develop the application
- Co-ordinate Application testing wif the halp of testing team and tracked defects
- Debugging and enhancing the performance of the end application
- Involved in manual testingof the application, creating test plans, test cases and documentation.
- Developed Testing process in agile environment.
- Writing SQL queries and PL/SQL - SPs, functions, sequences and triggers
- Implemented Relevance Core server module using Core Java. Debugging, enhancing performance of end application.
- Used JMS for asynchronous messaging wif Switching and Client module
- Involved in developing business modules using EJB and Servlets
- Involved in connecting to UNIX box, look into logs and fixed the issues raised in QA/Production