- With 5+ years of experience in the IT industry as Quality Analyst and Engineer with Web Applications, Web Services, API’s, Software testing life cycle (STLC).
- Excellent experience in Quality Analysis with a strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and object - oriented methodologies.
- Proven ability in designing and creating automation frameworks for J2EE based applications using C#, Java, JUnit/ TestNG, Selenium WebDriver/IDE/Grid, Maven, SOAPUI, Cucumber, and Jenkins.
- Good Knowledge in Test Management and Testing Lifecycle Methodologies like Agile Models, and Waterfall.
- Experience in Using Quality Center extensively for Establishing Traceability to Requirements, Test Cases, Bug Tracking and Reporting.
- Experience in testing Web Services using SoapUI.
- Experienced in developing descriptive programming, function library, recovery scenario using VB Script in UFT/QuickTest Professional (QTP)
- Experience in Automation, Integration, Smoke, Regression, System, GUI, Ad Hoc, Incident, Recovery, Cross Browser, and Compatibility Testing.
- Developed and implemented automated scripts for testing web-based applications using C#, Java, Eclipse, Visual Studio, Nuget, NUnit, JUnit, Specflow, and Selenium Webdriver.
- Extensively worked on BDD based framework using tools like Specflow, Cucumber, Java, and C#.
- Professional in designing, developing and enhancing automated test scripts for Selenium using Python.
- Experience writing Bash Shell Scripts with Python for automating small tasks
- Expert in integrating Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for the nightly batch run of the Script.
- Proficient in using SoapUI/Postman for testing Web Services/API and used various types of assertions such as soap fault, Contains, XPath, etc.
- Experience in Manual and Automation Testing of Client/Server, Mobile, Web - based API and Cloud (AWS) applications.
- Good understanding of Cloud Services like Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS RDS and DynamoDB.
- Well versed in different management scenarios like Change Control, Quality Assurance, Defect Tracking, System Integration, and Task Scheduling.
- Testing the Functionalities using Black Box testing technique. Excellent knowledge and working experience in test execution and test results analysis.
- Experience in writing and executing SQL queries on databases for backend testing.
- Excellent skills in written and verbal communication with the client, project manager, and developers.
- Possess strong technical aptitude with strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem-solving and delivering under a high-stress environment.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, TestNG, QTP, HP Quality Center/ALM, Postman, Soap UI, Specflow, Cucumber, TFS, Jira
Languages: C#, Java, HTML, CSS, XML, SQL
Web Debugging Tool: XPath, Fire Path, Firebug
IDE and Tools: Visual Studio, Eclipse, IntelliJ, SSMS, Maven
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo
Methodologies: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall, TDD, BDD, DDD
Defect Tracking Tools: TFS, Jira, Quality Center
Databases: SQL Server, MS Access, My SQL, Oracle
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, LINUX
QA Automation Engineer/ SDET
- Attended daily scrum meetings to discuss the product backlog and estimate the sprint.
- Worked in Agile/Scrum methods for testing approach and created a Test Plan for different Sprints and Stories.
- Actively involved in all stages of the STLC (Software Testing Life Cycle) and SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle).
- Maintained and created Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to ensure that all the requirements are covered.
- Experience in automating API Testing with Postman to validate the response based on status code and response body.
- Used Jenkins to implement continuous integration and Continuous deployment processes.
- Experience in troubleshooting the build issues during and post Jenkins build process.
- Involved in System Testing, Positive Testing, Negative Testing, and Regression Testing and Verified data integration using SQL.
- Used Jenkins tool for continuous integration (CI/CD) of the builds.
- Tested all small APIs on AWS with the correct data and verified results with standalone applications which already exist.
- Involved in AWS to deploy the project on EC2 instance.
- Used AWS CodeDeploy service for automating deployments to Amazon EC2, AWS Lambda, and on-premises servers.
- Created and maintained reusable actions, functional libraries, and shared object repositories.
- Involved in setting up, managing and scaling a relational database instance in the AWS RDS and DynamoDB.
- Experience in testing Web services/REST APIs using Postman and Java for automation.
- Experience in creating an automation framework using the Page Object Model (POM), Behavior Driven Testing, and Data Driven Testing.
- Created Test Automation Framework with Cucumber and Selenium WebDriver.
- Implemented BDD through Cucumber and created feature Files using Gherkin and step definition using Cucumber.
- Experienced in implementing Page Object Model (POM) Automation framework with Java, Selenium Web driver and Cucumber.
- Experienced in using Jira for logging, tracking and reporting bugs in the application and involved in Bug Triage.
- Involved in extensive data validation, back-end testing and querying the database using SQL queries.
- Experience in figuring out various error handling strategies to be adopted during data migration to cloud.
- Created the Data Driven Framework for the Test Automation and wrote Groovy Scripts to validate the test cases using SOAPUI.
- Configured and used JDBC connection in order to retrieve test data from database.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium WebDriver, JUnit and JDBC Connections.
- Extensively used Java OOP concepts for developing Automation Frameworks using Eclipse, Selenium WebDriver and Cypress, TestNG/JUnit.
- Designed and developed automated solutions to test API’s, database components and web applications.
- Experienced in creating Queries to get data from Tables using Oracle databases.
- Created reusable components and services to consume REST API's using Component based architecture.
- Participated in defect review meetings with the team members, coordinated with offshore teams provided written status reports of testing.
Environment: Cucumber, Selenium WebDriver, Java, JMeter, JUnit, Eclipse, Groovy, Web Services/API, Postman, Jenkins, GIT, SQL Server, HTML, XML, MS Office, MS Excel.
Confidential, New York, NY
QA Automation Engineer
- Performed Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, System testing, Smoke Testing, black box testing and Compatibility Testing at various phases of the development and test cycles.
- Involved in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle. (SDLC) and worked with Agile methodology.
- Designed and developed Hybrid Framework using. Net, C# and NUnit.
- Worked on different kinds of Web Element locators like ID, Name, CSS Selector, Xpath for identifying the fields.
- Performed Selenium automation using Selenium Web Driver and Selenium IDE.
- Creating test scripts using C# and Selenium Web Driver for the functional test cases.
- Created Project, Test Suites, Test Cases and Test Steps in SOAPUI Tools and Validated the Response XML file
- Experience in developing the RESTful Web Services using Web API like HTTP verbs for CRUD operations.
- Performed API Level testing for web services and developed many Test suites using XML.
- Designed and developed BDD/TDD/ATDD framework by using the SpecFlow and added Scenarios in features files, Step Definitions.
- Performed Unit Testing of the application by using NUnit.
- Developed Automation scripts in Microsoft Visual Studio and used NUnit framework
- Developed automation Framework for SOAP and REST and tested APIs using Restful API, UFT API, SoapUI and Postman.
- Defect Detection, Reporting and Tracking using Team Foundation Server (TFS) & Participated in Bug-Review meetings
- Created automated script for REST-API testing using HTTP Client library.
- Experience in designing Test Plans and Test Cases, Verifying and Validating Web based applications.
- Experience in collaborating with other DevOps engineers to maintain a deployment and management through Jenkins pipeline.
- Experience on Writing SQL queries to extract data from various source tables to perform database testing.
- Responsible for maintaining test scripts and test cases for automation with Robot framework.
- Built python framework to transform Datasets and Data tables into HTTP-serializable JSON strings.
- Software test automation using Robot Framework using selenium library, Jenkins for continuous integration, Git for version control.
- Developed scripts to read and dump data to MySQL database.
- Developed Python application for Google Analytics aggregation and reporting
- Used Ajax and JQuery for transmitting JSON data objects between frontend and controllers.
- Wrote scripts in Python for Extracting Data from JSON and XML files.
- Performed troubleshooting, fixed and deployed many Python bug fixes of the two main applications that were Maintained main source of data
- Performed End to End testing using GUI Testing for front end and SQL Queries for backend testing.
Environment: AGILE, C#, Visual Studio, Postman, SQL, SOAPUI, My SQL, API, Selenium Web Driver, TFS, Azure Devops, .NET
Confidential, Cherry Hill, NJ
Automation Quality Analyst
- Interacted with the Business Clients, Product Owners, Developers and QA Manager for clear exposure to trickle down the technical/functional User Requirements & Change Requests to Test Plans and Test Scenarios.
- Identified test cases to automate then tested these cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Java technologies (IntelliJ IDE). Contributed to framework creation.
- Perform Functional Testing, Regression Testing, and System Integration testing, (UAT) User Acceptance testing and End to End Testing.
- Tested the application in a highly dynamic environment with a sprint team using Agile methodology.
- Responsible for creating the functional testing framework using TestNG and using Selenium WebDriver to automate the UI components.
- Automated the Test cases using Selenium for Regression testing and TestNG for grouping the tests.
- Used Cucumber for Behavior Driven Development (BDD) based framework.
- Involved in testing REST services using Postman and tested JSON formats data.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application & GUI and in the testing environment using Selenium WebDriver.
- Used Selenium WebDriver API to automate tests on the cross-browser and cross-platform environment.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for a nightly batch run of the Script.
- Wrote Gherkin language test case scenarios using Cucumber.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Performed Unit testing with TestNG framework.
- Used Build tools like Maven to generate test reports.
- Performed data-driven testing by using JDBC as a data source in SOAPUI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Executed Test Cases recorded in Jira manually to test the application for its functionality, system integration and verify the Exit Criteria.
- Involved with SDLC models, waterfall and AGILE Methodology projects (Scrum and XP).
- Actively participated in walk-through, inspection, review and user group meetings for quality assurance with BAs, SMEs, and Developers.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, Jenkins, TestNG, Maven, SOAPUI, IntelliJ IDE, Jira, Agile, Oracle 11g, Windows
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Created and maintained test plans, testing schedule and report defects using Quality Center (QC).
- Executed and debugged the Automated Scripts and conducted Peer Reviews using QTP.
- Executed Manual Test Cases by using positive and negative data inputs. Reported results and defects in the Test Director.
- Manually tested the whole application before going for the automated testing.
- Executed manual test cases and verified actual results with expected results.
- Created automated test scripts by modifying the existing functions.
- Conducted regression test, by using the automated scripts for QTP.
- Reviewed and followed-up for the Sign-off on the Test Cases/Test Scripts documents.
- Executed SQL Queries using SQL Server and SQL Developer.
- Tracked and prepared a report of testing activities like test case coverage, required resources, defects discovered and their status, testing results and performance baselines etc.
- Performed background testing in a UNIX environment.
- Designed Test cases as per Test Plan and executed them as appropriate.
- Handled High severity issues on priority.
Environment: Windows, QTP, Quality Center, SQL Server, Agile Methodology (Scrum/Sprint)