- Dynamic IT Professionalwif 11.5 years of experience in providing Quality Assurance solutions in Testing of Financial applications in Web based and Client Server environments
- Excellent team player and good at Multi - Tasking, wif strong Leadership skills and process oriented wif ability to handle deadlines for multiple projects in fast paced environment.
- Proven experience as hands on Test Lead in handling Complex applications and managing multiple concurrent teams across different geographical locations wif teams averaging a peak size of 12-15 team members collectively for Clients in Banking and Financial domain.
- Strong expertise inIT/Software Project Lifecycle, Quality Assurance, Testing, Process Improvement, Project Management Processes, Planning and task allocation, Status reporting
- Solid analytical skills, exceptionally strong problem solving, decision making,andpeople managementskills. Determined, self-starter, quick learner wif strong interpersonal skills wif proven ability to manage the positive and productive client relationship
- Instrumental in enhancing QA team’s visibility and improved relationship wif business units by instituting test scenario& test case walk-through process involving project business teams
- Hands on experience in analyzing business requirements, functional requirements and developing documentation for entire QA life cycle including Test Plans, Use cases, Test scenarios design and review, Functional Testing, System Integration Testing, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Requirement Traceability matrix, Test Data creation, Black box testing, Gray Box testing, Defect Management & conducting Defect prevention activities
- Knowledge of using SQL queries for testing of applications
- Functional QA point of contact for Automation. Created Automation test strategy and authored automation scenarios and analysis of automation results
- Sound knowledge of Finance & Banking concepts and trade lifecycle
Testing tools: HP ALM, JIRA, Rational TestManager
Bug Tracking Tools: Quality Center, HP ALM, ClearQuest
Database: SQL Server, Oracle 9i
Operating system: Windows 10/ 7/XP/2000, Windows 8 for Surface
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile, V Model
Applications: Web Based, Client/Server, Desktop, Tablet (Surface)
Quality Assurance Engineer, Onsite Coordinator, Team Lead
- Project involves functional testing of Private Client Order Entry tool which is part of Order Management application. dis tool is used by Financial Advisors to place orders for international & domestic financial products like equities, options, mutual funds, money market funds and trade basket application. Responsibilities involve Requirement analysis, Test Plan creation, designing Test Cases, Smoke testing, Functional testing, Regression Testing, Production validation & Sign off, Defect management, Task allocation, Status reporting.
- Conducting review meetings, triage meetings and coordinating wif Development team & Business Analysts. Using SQL queries for testing of the application functionality & test data mining.
- Functional point of contact for automation planning, script preparation and result analysis of automation results. Project lead and managed onsite and offshore testing across different geographical locations. Coached and mentored testing team members in application functionality, finance domain topics, testing methodologies, documentation, compliance and best practices. Identified process gaps, implemented process to improve testing activities and test procedures, implemented new traceability document which is now the standardized format across teams.
- The project involved testing of Data Utility called Financial Data Dictionary (FDD)
- FDD is a paid service to which user can subscribe, to get information on different Financial Data like Data Providers/Vendors, Asset Classes and Feeds.