- 5 years of experience in all phases of Web/Mobile testing
- Experienced in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Test Development Life Cycle (STLC or TDLC), Logging and Tracking Defects in all phases with major responsibilities
- In - depth understanding of project documentation, Business/Product Requirement documents, Test Design, writing, and executing Test Cases, Test Plans, Reporting and Tracking Defects
- Strong analytical skills, understanding of business needs and converting them into product requirements
- Proficient in performing of Integration Testing, System Testing, Functional Testing, Smoke/Sanity Testing, Regression Testing, Validation Testing, GUI UI Testing and facilitating User Acceptance Testing
- Experience and knowledge in bug tracking and test management tools like JIRA and Bugzilla
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, relationship-building skills with software engineers, QA engineers, and external teams.
- Attentive, hardworking and solutions-driven professional focused on meeting deadlines and exceeding expectations driving the attainment of business goals.
- Experienced in work in a fully Agile environment using Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Outstanding skills in preparing and presenting clear and concise quality assurance briefing materials
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux / UNIX
RDBMS: MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle
Other: Jira, GIT, Excel, Tableau
Software QA Engineer
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
- Test different types of Web, Desktop, and Mobile applications (all-in-one Project management tool, Transportation application, etc.)
- Reviewed functional requirements to ensure test cases meet the acceptance criteria
- Developed, maintained, and executed test cases and regression scenarios for mobile application
- Performed Integration Testing, Accessibility Testing, Cross-Platform testing
- Reported issues into JIRA and followed up on bugs until complete resolution
- Collected and analyzed logs using ADB command tool for Android applications
- Opened tickets in Jira to request the implementation of new features, enhancements, and optimizations
- Performed exploratory, functional, performance, smoke, regression, compatibility, installation, usability, and GUI testing
- Wrote and executed test scenarios and test cases for all the components and key features
- Modified test cases to meet the updated requirements
- Developed and executed SQL queries to verify the front-end and back-end data integrity
- Interacted with product management teams in the review and analysis of functional requirements
- Worked closely with Product Owner and Scrum Master in the Agile process
- Performed bug verification testing of fixed issues to confirm change of the status and close the issues
- Participated in cross-browser (MSIE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) and cross-platform (Windows 10, macOS) testing on hardware and in virtual machine environment (VMWare). Performed cross-platform testing of the mobile application using Android Virtual Device Emulator, Device Farm, and real devices.
- Involved in user acceptance testing, general site validations of web page objects such as links & images
- Tested mobile application behavior under various interruptions: incoming calls, SMS, video calls, alarms, notifications, alarm, etc., verified dat app is working properly under different network conditions and different battery strength level (full/ medium/ low)
- Coordinated and participated in daily stand-up, backlog refinement, grooming, sprint planning, and sprint retrospective meetings
- Understood business problem statements and converted them into user stories, developed and tested customer service and sales scripts and metrics for over four years period; implemented a new accumulative discount system which increased returning of regular clients by 32% over 12 months.
- Methodical in planning and performing, display excellent attention to details. Supervised a team of 20 employees, supported and conducted training sessions to ensure achieving goal KPIs, attention to detail and adherence to company policy. Team's KPI increased from 80% to 98% within 4 months.
- Successfully interpreted data in order to draw conclusions for managerial action and strategy by gathering sufficient local input data, data cleaning, deep analysis of databases, designing and presenting monthly reports. Collaborated with diverse teams maintaining several projects simultaneously, prioritized, and gathered feedback for updates.