- Above 6 years of experience in the IT industry wif focus on Quality Assurance through Manual and Automation Testing of Web based applications.
- Excellent knowledge and implementation skills in complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Defect life Cycle (DLC).
- Proficiency in Scrum Agile ceremonies: Daily Standup, Sprint Grooming, Planning, Review, Retrospective.
- Experienced in API testing wif Java Rest Assured, SoapUI and Postman
- Expertise wif Quality/Defect Management tools like HP QC, Rally & JIRA.
- Proficient in Back - end Testing including writing complex SQL queries for testing data integrity and validating business rules.
- Strong expertise on Requirements Analyzing, Test Planning, Test Design, Test Execution, Defect Reporting, Defect Status Reporting.
- Proficient wif ability to Design, Develop, Maintain and Enhance various automation frameworks based on application functionalities.
- Experienced wif Cross Browser Compatibility Testing using SeleniumWebDriver and TestNG framework.
- Skilled in Manual Testing and Automation Testing. Proficient in Test Automation using tools like Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, TestNG for testing web-based applications.
- Designed and implemented different automation frameworks from scratch, like Page Objects framework, Keyword Driven framework, Data Driven framework and Hybrid framework for number of projects.
- Solid understanding of the core Java concepts: Inheritance, Polymorphism, Abstraction, Encapsulation and latest Java 8 features.
- Experienced in testing RESTful Web Services using Postman and REST Assured Library.
- Successfully built framework using Page Object Model (POM) wif a combination of tools like Cucumber, Maven and Jenkins.
- Experienced in Integration Testing, Functional testing, System Testing, API Testing, GUI testing, Black Box Testing, Smoke testing, Regression Testing, Positive/Negative Testing, Cross Browser/ Platform Testing.
- Experience creating Requirement Traceability Matrix between requirements and test cases for full coverage of the test requirements.
- Practical skills in working wif GitHub source code management tool.
- Attended Sprint Grooming, Sprint Planning, Sprint Demo and Sprint Retrospective meetings.
- Experience in SOAP architect and WSDL. Experienced wif Web API development based on RESTful and SOAP.
- Good team player wif Active participation in meetings wif the testing, development teams and Clients.
- Self-motivated, Diligent, Dedicated, Detail-oriented, and Innovative team-player/builder.
- Experienced in consolidating the test report from all team members and reporting the same to the manager.
Automation Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, Cucumber, Postman, REST Assured, JDBC
Automation Frameworks: TestNG, JUnit, Page Object Model, Data Driven Development, Behavior-Driven Development
Project Management Tools: JIRA, ALM
Build and CI Tools: Maven, Jenkins, Git/GitHub
Methodologies: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall
IDE: Eclipse, IntelliJ
OS: Windows, Linux (Ubuntu) and Mac OS
Confidential, Mclean, VA
- Used Maven to build and run the Selenium Automation Scripts. Once the Script got over, the Framework used to send the report over email.
- Using Apache POI for reading and validating the data from Excel files.
- Analyzing Business requirement documents against automation testing and manual testingscenario to get a better understanding of the automation testing requirements & planning.
- Participated in all the Scrum Ceremonies like Sprint Grooming, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Demo and Sprint Retro as an active Cross Functional SDET.
- Building and maintaining testing framework by creating Maven project using Java language.
- Used Postman & SOAP Ui for rest service testing
- Generated customized reports for upper management.
- Implementing Page Object Model (POM) and data driven Framework for UI testing.
- Helping functional team to execute manual test cases.
- Performing Debugging and Maintenance of the scripts.
- Performing back-end testing by writing and executing SQL queries to validate that data and verify if the data matches wif front-end values using JDBC to connect to SQL.
- Troubleshooting End-to-end scenarios wif Functional team.
- Developing Automation framework using Eclipse IDE and defined dependencies in Maven pom.xml file.
- Developing feature file using Cucumber wif Gherkin language.
- Developing framework using Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, JUnit, Maven, Cucumber to perform Selenium test successfully.
- Creating and executing the End-to-End scenarios totestthe feature of the applications.
- Implementing multi browser testing to ensure cross browser compatibility.
- Performing GUI, Functional, Smoke and Regression testing.
- Created automated script for REST-API testing using Rest Assured libraries
Confidential, Reston, VA
Test Automation Engineer
- Analyze Production Escalations (Issues) and partner to determine root causes (Full Stack )
- Attending Sprint Grooming meetings, analyzing Sprint Backlog items and Communicated wif the development team.
- Utilize Atlassian tools to organize and prioritize work
- Automated Smoke Test, Functional and Regression test cases using TestNG Framework.
- Used Selenium and Java to handle the textbox, dropdown, checkbox, buttons and popup controls, iframes, web table, calendars.
- Developed reusable methods in order to avoid wasting time for repetitive actions in application.
- Helped facilitate operational meetings.
- Involved in creating various documents such as Test Case and Test Script.
- Building automation framework wif Selenium Web Driver and Java, using Maven.
- Worked closely wif Developers, Business Analyst, Architects and Project Manager to understand Project and Business Requirements.
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily Scrum meetings and tested each Sprint deliverables.
- Developed an organized folder structure to make sure Framework is reliable.
- Attended User Story Sessions and provided feedback for the user stories to improve the Acceptance Criteria and Testability of user stories.
- Performing Positive and Negative testing.
- Reviewing and analyzing requirements and write test cases based on user stories acceptance criteria.
- Direct, create, and enforce organizational policies and trainings to reduce recurrent production issues
- Performed automated Back-End Validation using the JDBC connection to SQL.
- Used Maven as a build management tool.
- Worked wif developers, users and support groups to understand the application architecture, use and content.
- Executed Test Cases, Test scripts and Logged, Retested and Closed Defect in HP ALM.
Confidential, Mechanicsburg, PA
QA Test Analyst
- Wrote new test cases and modification of old test cases according to the new release of the application.
- Created variety of user defined functions in complied modules to promote reusability.
- Tracked, Managed, and documented issues and defects during UAT.
- Participated in creation of Test Plan and Test Strategy.
- Getting detailed test cases in ALM reviewed and sign off process.
- Conducted User Acceptance testing UAT to validate the application, to check that the application properly reflects business functions and requirements.
- Developed Hybrid Automation Framework from scratch using Java, Selenium WebDriver and TestNG and defined dependencies using Maven.
- Regression tests were scheduled and performed on every release and build.
- Used TestNG Parameters and Apache POI for Data-Driven Testing.
- Designed test cases from business flows for manual testing of the application.
- Conducted Validation and verification of Bug fixes.
- Execution of manual test cases and reporting of bugs using ALM.
- Developed Test Cases and executed all test cases based on the technical specifications and business requirements.
- Conducted Functionality and Regression testing during the various phases of application.