- Over 5 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance and Testing, in the areas of Business process, requirements, functional analysis, and maintenance of Web based applications.
- In - depth understanding of all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Worked extensively in different project management methodologies including Agile and Waterfall Methodologies.
- Extensive experience in performing different types of testing including Black Box, System, Functional, Integration, Regression, Smoke, GUI, Database and User Acceptance Testing.
- Skilled in working with open-source tools Selenium (Selenium IDE, Selenium Web Driver, and Selenium GRID), Junit, TestNG, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Cucumber, Eclipse and preparation of automation test framework.
- Proficiency in process of handling/logging defects in JIRA & Quality Center, generating required status reports for all phases of testing.
- Expertise in developing, estimating, documenting, and executing test cases manually and generating automated scripts using Selenium IDE, Selenium WebDriver.
- Expertise in preparing Test Plans, developing, reviewing, and executing Test Cases and Test Scripts based on Functional Requirements, Business Requirements and Use Case Documents.
- Experienced in creating test script using Java and related java libraries.
- Strong experience in Manual and Automation Testing of client Server, Web based Applications, Web Design, API and SOAP UI.
- Assist in Developing and Executing TestNG Test Cases using Eclipse IDE
- Extensively used Java for test script automation.
- Extensively involved in Backend testing by writing and executing SQL Queries
- Professional and Analytical skills coupled with Good Communication, Networking and Interpersonal skills describing a committed Team Player and Team Leader
Testing Tools: Selenium Web Driver, Selenium IDE, Junit, TestNG, Apache Poi, JENKINS, ANT, JIRA, ECLIPSE, Net beans, Git
Programming Language: Java, SQL, Shell Scripting PowerShell
Data Base: Oracle, SQL Server, MYSQL
Operating System: Windows, Linux/Unix
Application Software: MS Excel, Word, Visio, Outlook, Power Point, SQL Server Management Studio, Oracle SQL Developer, Putty
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Participated in daily SCRUM meetings and gave the daily status of testing.
- Defect Reporting, Analyzing, Tracking and Report Generation using Jira.
- Attended the daily Bug review meetings, weekly status meetings and walkthroughs and interacted with Business Analysts and Developers for resolving Defects.
- Assist in Developing automated test scripts usingSeleniumWebDriver from manual test cases.
- Associated with the development team to understand technical design and architecture for test planning.
- Assist in Developing automation scripts on Web Based Application.
- Involved in preparing Test Plan under the supervision of QA Test Lead and created Test Cases based on business requirements.
- Followed Agile development methodology and conducted manual testing on various applications.
- Manually test each module of the application and verify against expected results.
- Performed Smoke testing of the application manually after each release.
- Performed rigorous manual testing before a release.
- Manually performed Backend testing of the application for SQL-Server perform ad-hoc tests to uncover defects and log them.
- Analyzed Business Requirements Specifications (BRS), System Requirement Specifications (SRS), System Design, Test Planning and defining Test Scenarios/Test Cases.
- Produce test result screenshots and upload to HP/ALM.
- Logged new bugs tracked and updated the status of previously filed bugs. Participated in the daily bug meeting.
- Validated the different databases are in synch and tested the backend against the frontend by SQL queries.
- Develop and execute formal test plans within budget and schedule constraints.
- Document software product defects and track it to closure. Performed Functional Testing, Progression Testing and Regression Testing.
- Modified previously existing test cases that were driven by the manual testing.
- Conducted result analysis and interacted with developers to resolve bugs.
Confidential, Chantilly, VA
- Assist in Set up Selenium tools from scratch and configured various other peripherals tools to perform Selenium test.
- Implemented cross browser and cross platform web testing with Selenium WebDriver.
- Used Junit and TestNG Testing Framework as a test runner with Selenium.
- Used Selenium to expand test scenarios to catch more bugs and improve quality.
- Assist in Designed and developed automated scripts for Functional, Regression, Sanity, and Integration Testing using Selenium.
- Involved in user story analysis, defining the Acceptance Criteria and defect tracking.
- Assist in developing automated scripts using Selenium Web Driver and Implemented Framework using Java.
- Participate in story design review meetings to understand requirements and change requirements.
- Attend Daily Stand-up calls and planning meetings to understand the changes being implemented in the current sprint.
- Schedule and attend calls with business partners to triage the SIT and UAT observations to prioritize and discuss the status.
- Responsible for regular Status reporting on testing progress to Business team.
- Review and estimate change requests and modify the functional test plan and test scripts if needed.
- Analyzed the defects and categorized them based on severity and Ensure testing commitments are met within the QA teams.
- Communicate potential impacts to target dates and identify risks and communicate to manager in meetings.
- Automated testing tools such as Cucumber and Selenium to conduct systems, integration, user acceptance, positive and negative, functionality, object, and regression tests.
- Involved in the test case walkthroughs, assessment meetings.
- Conducted End-to-End, Manual Testing of the system and prepared and managed test cases using Jira.
- Used JIRA to track, report, and manage defect throughout the test cycle and attended Defect Status Meeting on daily basis during testing cycle.
Junior QA Analyst
Confidential, Oakton, VA
- Assist to Create test cases to be automated and performed data driven testing and GUI Check Points usingSeleniumWebDriver and enhanced the overall functionality of the application.
- Assist in Generating functional automation scripts for the report generation module usingSelenium WebDriver and TestNG tools.
- Assist in Setting up the Automation framework usingSeleniumWebDriver to run test cases in multiple browsers and platforms.
- Performed Regression testing on new builds, every modification in the application usingSelenium WebDriver.
- Performed all aspects of verification including Smoke testing, Functional testing and Regression testing on major functionalities of the application.
- Assist to Develop and Execute TestNG Test Cases using Eclipse IDE.
- Automated UI functional tests usingSeleniumWebDriver, Java and TestNG.
- ConfiguredSeleniumWebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and createdseleniumautomation scripts in java.
- Integrated the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
- Worked on acceptance testing using Cucumber andSeleniumWebDriver.
- Performed Input Validations, User Interface Validations, Browser Compatibility testing and Navigation testing.
- Participated and Initiated Team meetings on a regular basis and involved in active discussion in order to improve the testing quality by better strategies and testing approach. Involved in testing applications for cross browser (IE, Firefox, chrome, Safari).
- Involved in querying using SQL and updating records and validate database records as expected.
- Developed and implemented Data Driven framework using Selenium WebDriver and cucumber.
- Performed Backend testing to verify the data integrity by passing SQL Queries.
- Participated and Initiated Team meetings on a regular basis and involved in active discussion to improve the testing quality by better strategies and testing approach.
Networking (Break and Fix)
- Troubleshooting Network connectivity issues from layer 1 to Layer 3 and documenting every step along the way for a clear rollback procedure.
- Setting up virtual machines working with Operating Systems such as Cisco IOS and Linux Centos & Ubuntu suites.
- Essential Linux administration for servers. ( User & File management, Storage Partitions, Raid and Swap)
- Following proper escalation steps to get support when in need and communicating well with each team involved.
- IP allocating protocols such as DHCP (DORA) and Static allocations.
- Understanding of how data is processed through the OSI Model in each layer.
- Patched all cable as per cut sheet and label on the single mode
- Pulled, terminated, labeled cat6 jumper for telephone and desktop computers
- Installed telecommunication equipment, routers, switches, ground bars and network cable pathways e.g. basket trays, ladder racks, fiber trays, J-hooks and D-rings
- Troubleshot process issues, quality issues and assisted with technical issues to provide a fix.
- Understanding and reading labels for proper connection and network topology set up.