- Full stack SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test) with 6+ years of experience with excellent analytical and technical abilities and outstanding communication and organizational skills is seeking a career advancement in a company where growth - oriented mindset, innovation and technical and leadership skills are highly valued.
- Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Defect Life Cycle.
- Hands-on experience working in Agile Scrum environment and understanding of all Agile ceremonies like Sprint planning, grooming, review, demo, retrospective.
- In depth understanding of Software Quality Assurance concepts, and test documentations, including test plans, test scenarios, test cases and test scripts.
- Skilled in creating test plans and test cases based on the Business Requirements and Functional Documents.
- Highly experienced in Smoke, Sanity, Regression, System, Functional, Black-Box and Integration Testing to verify end-to-end flow and ensure proper test coverage.
- Strong Object-Oriented Programming skills and deep knowledge of data structures in Java.
- Broad experience in test automation tools like Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, Maven, TestNG, Junit.
- Solid knowledge of building various Test Automation Frameworks from scratch based on Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior Driven Development (BDD).
- Experienced in applying Page Object Model and Page Factory and Singleton design patterns for implementing framework.
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Version Control tools like Git.
- Proficient in testing Web Services testing (SOAP, REST) using Swagger, Rest Assured and POSTMAN Tools.
- Skilled in writing SQL queries to validate the data for the Back-end testing.
- Cross-browser and parallel test execution experience with Selenium Grid.
- Proven ability to write easy-to-reproduce defect reports utilizing defect tracking tools like JIRA.
- Ability to establish relationship with developers, stakeholders, and management.
Test automation: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Junit, Cucumber
Languages: Java, HTML, CSS, Groovy, XPath, JSON, XML, SQL
Project Management: JIRA, Rally
CI/CD, Version control: Jenkins, Git, GitHub, AWS
Frameworks: BDD, TDD, ATDD, Hybrid, Data-Driven
API: SOAP, REST, JSON, XML, Postman, Rest Assured, Swagger
Database: MySQL, Oracle, JDBC
OS: Windows, macOS
- Worked in a dynamic Agile Scrum environment with two-week iterations.
- Participated in daily stand-ups and sprint grooming sessions.
- Worked closely with Business Analyst and Developers to review requirements and developed test scenarios to meet the acceptance criteria.
- Performed Regression Testing, Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Positive Testing, Negative Testing, and Database Testing in an DevOps environment
- Developed an in-house test automation framework based on Cucumber BDD, Junit, Selenium WebDriver, Maven, Rest Assured, and JDBC.
- Created and maintained regression and smoke automation test suites for continuous testing and integration of the features.
- Used Maven to define project structure, dependencies, and plugin management.
- Used BDD (Behavioral Driven Development) with Cucumber, created Feature Files with Scenario and Scenario Outline using Gherkin Language as well as implemented Step Definitions for behavior.
- Performed Cross Browser testing on different browsers like Chrome, Edge, Safari and Firefox using Selenium Grid to ensure OS and browser compatibility and performed cloud parallel testing to decrease testing duration.
- Utilized XPath and CSS locators to manage textboxes, buttons, drop down menu, checkboxes in web application.
- Improved and streamlined the test automation process, established, and maintained robust and highly re-usable design patterns in automation framework and integrated them into the continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipeline.
- Worked closely with DevOps team to set up the Jenkins CI server on AWS EC2 instance for scheduling, trigger running, and reporting of Smoke and Regression tests suites.
- Performed extensive database testing by using JDBC to connect automation framework to the database and configuring SQL Queries to fetch data from the MySQL database and to validate the data integrity, to verify correct data mapping and data flow between UI and DB and business rule conformity of DB elements.
- Performed Rest API Testing using Postman, Swagger and Rest Assured by sending requests to API endpoints and validating the response payload and verifying authentication rules.
- Use JIRA for analyzing User Stories, new Features, and bug tracking/postfix re-testing.
- Worked closely with development team to identify and resolve any application-related problems, discussed, implemented, and tested those solutions.
- Mentored other team members in writing test scenarios, analyzing requirement documents and reporting defects and coached them on automation testing framework.
- Analyzed Business Requirements and Functional Specifications based on acceptance criteria and involved in the preparation of the Test Plan, developed detailed Test Scenarios and Test Cases.
- Participated in Daily Scrum, Iteration Planning and Release Planning meeting.
- Reviewed BRD and Specifications to understand the architecture of the application.
- Involved in performing Smoke, Functional, System and Regression and backend Testing.
- Participated in designing of Java based scripts for Selenium WebDriver with TestNG as automation framework.
- Developed, managed, and executed maintainable automated tests for functional, integration, regression and smoke testing that verify functional and nonfunctional requirements of a feature.
- Developed smoke/regression test suites using TestNG and executed parallel tests.
- Used Selenium Grid to run test cases in multiple browsers and platforms.
- As part of the automation process used Selenium features like taking screenshots, handling frames, windows, scrolling, alerts etc.
- Used Extent Report as the logging and reporting tool to direct logs and build execution results into an HTML file.
- Consistently wrote highly detailed bug reports with defect type and detailed information about the defect and verified bug fixes using Jira.
- Used Git as a distributed version control tool and GitHub as a repository to collaborate with other team members by integrating and merging changes through pull requests.
- Implemented Data Driven Testing with Apache POI for Excel files.
- Performed Web Services testing using Java Rest Assured library and Postman.
- Involved in creating a Manual Test Cases by grouping test cases into test plan and executing, recording, and publishing to management.
- Performed extensive back-end testing, database table manipulations of relational database systems by writing SQL queries, retrieved needed data from Database and validated the information against database.
- Participated in Peer Reviews of automated Test Cases to ensure that object-oriented principles and common design patterns and best practices for test automation frameworks are followed.