- Extensive experience in Verification process, Agile Scrum and Waterfall methodology, Functional testing, Regression testing, Database testing, System testing, End - to-End testing, UI testing, Cross browser testing, Test Planning, Test Automation, RTM, Defect Management and User Acceptance Testing.
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of different SDLC methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall methodologies
- Proficient in analyzing business requirements, functional specifications, use case documents, business process diagrams and design documents to understand the functionality and architecture of the application and to ensure customer needs are clear, consistent and testable
- Experience in broad range of technologies, including business process tools such as Microsoft Project, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Visio, technical assessment tools, and bug tracking tool like Track It, Bugzilla and Quality Center.
- Experienced and well-rounded with all phase of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in Requirements gathering, Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation and Testing.
- Experienced in Black box testing, SIT Testing, Regression testing, Functional testing, Boundary testing, Integration testing, GUI Testing, System testing, User acceptance testing, Smoke and Sanity testing.
- Hands on experience with different defect tracking tools such as JIRA, HP QC
- Proficient with MS tools (Word and Excel, Access, power point)
- Possess strong analysis skills with ability to follow Project Standards
- Prepared Test Reports and Deliverables and submitted for version releases
- Extensive knowledge in Agile (Scrum) and Waterfall methodologies
- Experienced in technical design analysis: ability to understand, analyze and provide feedback on business requirements, software requirements, use cases, design specifications and other project related documents
- Experienced in Manual and automated testing using industry standard tool suite HP ALM, JIRA, Selenium-web driver.
- Experienced in writing and executing SQL queries for data verification, data validation and data integrity.
- Experienced in tracking and logging Defects with high level of detail, accuracy and informative recreation steps.
- Experience in managing Peer Reviews meeting, and testing to carry out verification and validation process.
- Self-directed, organized, personable, multi-focused, employer dedicated and ability to prioritize along critical path, meet project milestones and deliverable dates.
- Detail-oriented, strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills while working in diverse teams.
Testing and Defect Tracking Tools: Test Director7.6 /Quality Center8.2, HP ALM, Rally, JIRA, Bugzilla, Soap UI
Microsoft Tools: MS office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Database: SQL Server, Microsoft Access, Oracle
Operating System: Windows, MAC, UNIX, Android and IOS
Cross Browser Testing: Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari
Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall and Scrum
Confidential - Columbus, OH
- Execute test scenario written for specified User Stories by setting up data and capturing test results
- Data verification and analysis using SQL Developer tool
- Test Result demo and walkthrough with Product Owner
- Coordinate with Development team for any issues identified As Manual Tester for Systems Integration Test (SIT):
- Design various end to end SIT scenarios and record in HP ALM tool
- Execute end to end SIT test scenario and demo it to Product Owner
- Work with external agencies for Interface testing
- Coordinate with Development team, Infrastructure team and Operations team to execute various batch jobs and user security setup.
- Some of the major functional modules I am working on are Taxpayer Identification, Returns Processing, Revenue Accounting and Case Management.
- Participating in daily standup meeting, working with business analyst (BAs) for requirement understanding and attending technical breakdown session are my other daily activities.
Environment: Oracle PSRM, SQL Developer, HP ALM, MS Office 2003/2010, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Rally Software for Agile User Story tracking.
Confidential - Columbus, OH
- Agile-Scrum Environment with 2 weeks sprints. Participated in discussions in regards to Sprint planning, Daily Scrum (or Stand-up), Story Grooming, Backlog, Story Pointing, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective.
- Analyzed and reviewed functional requirements to derive test scripts based on the approved requirements.
- Gathered specifications and requirements to develop Test Plans and to create Test Cases using HP Quality Center.
- Converted functional requirements into detailed scenarios and test cases.
- Created multiple test suites for all phases of the project.
- Developed test strategies, detailed test plan, test cases, collected test data, test coverage and reporting status.
- Designed and executed manual and automated test cases.
- Performed extensive Smoke, Functional, GUI (Graphical User Interface), Integration, Regression, and UAT testing.
- Deal directly with off shore development team whom create automated scripts. Use Selenium WebDriver to upload and run automated test scripts.
- Use Jira as a project management tool to log and track defects. Also, use Confluence as a Team Collaborating Tool.
- Identified bugs, issues, risks, and bottlenecks within the software.
- Prioritized test cases and consulted with various stakeholders as per needed.
- Created and manipulated SQL queries to validate data.
- Created and maintained the traceability matrix to ensure that all test cases are passed and met the given requirements.
- Evaluated the quality of the software product being developed in terms of functionality, usability, compatibility, reliability, performance and supportability.
- Held weekly QA status meeting with stakeholders.
Environment: EDIFACS, Slick Edit, RQM, Clear Quest, MS Office 2003/2010, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access