- Seeking a position in a challenging environment of Software Quality Assurance and Testing / Automation / SDET where I can utilize my Java programming, automation, manual testing, selenium, SQL, Web services skills, and quality practices.
- 8+ years of consistent experience in Finance an Health IT a seasoned SDET \ QA Automation with an added advantage of different methodologies.
- Extensive knowledge of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) including Waterfall, Agile - Scrum and RUP methodologies.
- Performed Manual and Automated Testing on Windows and UNIX platform.
- Experience in writing Test Plans, defining Test Cases, developing, and maintaining Test Scripts and documenting all phases of the QA process.
- Implemented Sanity Testing, Smoke Testing, White Box testing, Black Box Testing, GUI Testing, Functionality Testing, Performance Testing,, Integration Testing, System Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Regression Testing of Web Based Applications and Client-Server Applications.
- Experienced to use cases and read existing use cases, and executing the test as well
- Experience in reporting bugs using Bug tracking tools such as HP ALM and JIRA.
- Execution of Manual/Functional testing, SIT, Regression testing and UAT
- Experienced in GUI, Regression, and Functionality Testing.
- Experience to execute test life cycle activities, which include but are not limited to stand test execution, cross system test execution, regression, end to end and defect fix tests.
- Involved in maintaining Test Matrix and Traceability Matrix and perform
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple scenarios with rapidly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Experience in interacting with business analysts, developers, and technical support groups.
- Experiencein testing API using POSTMAN
- Strong knowledge of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) models such as Waterfall
- Identifying and documenting critical requirements through analysis of the department’s workflow and information flow.
- Highly motivated, organized and results and detail oriented with excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. Proven capability of adapting to new and fast changing technologies
QA Automation Tools: Selenium WebDriver/Grid/RC/IDE, QTP/UFT, Cucumber
Bug Tracking Tools: HP Quality Center (11,10,9)/ALM, JIRA
Programming Languages: Java, Selenium,.net,C#
Databases: Oracle 10g, SQL Server 2012,2010,2008, MY SQL
Project Communication Tools: MS office
Operating Systems: Windows, Mac, Unix, Linux
Firefox ADDON: FirePath, Firebug, Selenium IDE
Framework Environment: Eclipse, JDK, TestNG, JUnit,TDD, BDD, Data Driven, Keyword Driven.
SOA Technologies: Soap UI, SOAP, REST Webservices, Rest assured
Test Build/CI Tools: Maven, Jenkins
Browsers: Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Sr. Automation Test Engineer
- Worked as an Automation Tester, responsible for development and maintenance of Automation Frameworks, tools.
- Designed and developed Test Scenario, Test Cases and steps for various Business Services covering both positive and negative testing requirements.
- Developed automation test scripts using Selenium Web Driver and Java.
- Developed the features, scenarios, step definitions for BDD (Behaviour Driven Development) and TDD (Test Driven Development) using Cucumber andJava.
- Performed parameterization of the automated test scripts in Selenium WebDriver to check how the application performs against multiple sets of data.
- Extended data driven framework and developed re-usable functions across the application.
- Used Maven to build and run the Selenium WebDriver automation framework. After successful executions scripts, framework used to send the automation reports over email.
- Contributed to the Continuous Integration pipeline running component builds, creating and running Deployment jobs on individual stages on Jenkins, and running automated and manual functional tests.
- Tools used included Maven, Perforce, JIRA, Confluence, Slack.
- Train team members on testing tools such as Nightmare, Enzyme, and Jest.
- Performed Integration Testing, Functional & Non-Functional, System Testing, Regression Testing, UAT Testing, Exploratory Testing, Browser Compatibility Testing, Reliability Testing, Unit Testing - Jest Framework, Usability Testing, Installation Testing, Positive and Negative Testing, Smoke Testing, Security
- Proficient with developer tools, such as Eclipse and GitHub for developing on the Java stack
- Build Cypress/Selenium UI end 2 end Test suite with React JS since our Application changed to React JS later on.
- Designed, installed, and trained Cypress.io automation system as well as had Smoke Tests run as part of the CI/CD system
- Developed framework from the scratch for using Cypress to automate UI and used Java script, NodeJS and NPM for Angular based user interface.
- Used AWS to deploy the project on EC2 instance. Implementation of the Business logic layer for MongoDB Services.
- Customized the seleniumTest as per the Test Case by using the C# Script.
- Automation Code version management using Gitlab.
- Integrated Appium with Continuous Integration tool - Jenkins
- Responsible for Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) or Behavior Driven Development (BDD) approaches to developing and testing software
- Performed Smoke, Regression, End to End testing, Sprint Testing
- Involved in design and implementation ofSelenium WebDriverautomation framework for smoke and regression test suites JUnit, Maven .
- Performedregression testson the application to assure proper functionality of the site after new builds usingClear Quest.
- Designed and documentedREST/HTTP, SOAP APIs, including JSON data formats and API versioning strategy.
- Experience with container-based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker Hub and Docker-registries and Kubernetes
- Involved in development of test environment on Docker containers and configuring the Docker containers using Kubernetes.
- Automated angularJs application module using protractor and Jasmine and created specs for various functional scenarios.
- Developed data warehouse model in snowflake for over 100 datasets using whereScape
- Used Spring Boot which is radically faster in building cloudMicroservicesand develop Spring based application with very less configuration
- Extensively used RabbitMQ (order id, line items, activity id) to test the application’s backend process.
- Automated 100% of functional and performance microservices tests using Gatling/Scala framework
- Gained knowledge inNode.JSand writing automation framework using Nightwatch.js.
- Worked on Python Open stack API's
- Integrated the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
- Performed back-end testing on Server databases by writing SQL queries to make sure the contents displayed on the UI correct as per requirements specifications.
- Performed API Integration testing using Postman
- Analysing Business Requirements, created testing strategies, testing plans and prepared detailed test cases for the Application under Test (AUT).
- Performed defect reporting and bug tracking using VSTS and followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status.
- Responsible for collecting and analyzing the test metrics and then submitting the reports, which kept track of the status and progress of the testing effort.
Environment: Java, Selenium, Eclipse, TestNG, Jenkins, Post Man, Git, TDD, BDD, Agile, SQL, SQL Server, Windows, postman, cucumber, Eclipse, python, .net, docker, kubernetes.
Confidential - Bloomfield, CT
Test Automation Engineer
- Responsible for building automation framework from scratch using Selenium WebDriver, Java, TestNG, Maven, and IntelliJ IDE.
- Performed Data Driven Testing using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG functions which reads data from property and XML filesb
- Automated test cases through BDD framework using Eclipse IDE, Gherkin, Cucumber, Selenium, Bit bucket and Jenkins
- Used .Net framework to build and run the Selenium automation framework
- Developed Automation Scripts for Functional and Regression using Selenium WebDriver and C#.
- Reported software defects on Jira and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues. And developed and maintained automation test scripts for web-based applications using Java, and automated using Selenium WebDriver
- Performed BDD (Behavior Driven Development) using Cucumber Features, Scenarios and Step definitions in Gherkin format
- Was involved in setting up test environment for automated script execution using Java,and TestNG
- Worked on AWS Cloud Watch events to trigger AWS Glue reporting jobs for job failures or network errors.
- Performed Back-end testing through SQL queries to verify data insertion, deletion, and updates.
- Integrated Jenkins with version control Git and scheduled builds to run automatically during a build release by invoking predefined maven commands.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, IntelliJ,, Java, Maven, Jira, Jenkins, SQL, JDBC, Git/GitHub, TestNG, Extend Report, Selenium Grid, Rest API, Postman, Oracle SQL Developer, MongoDB, Agile
Confidential, Grand Prairie, TX
- Created and Maintained Test Cases in ALM.
- Tested the Script for different sets of data using parameterization and Data Driven testing.
- Excellent understanding of QA Methodology and Defect Life Cycle.
- Maintained Traceability Matrix and conducted Gap Analysis.
- Interacted with the developers and other team member to discuss the issues and reported the details of the bugs using Mercury Quality Center reporting tools.
- Developed detailed test plans and test cases, Enter and Exit criteria for the application being tested and ensured that standards for documentation were followed.
- Created and maintained the Tractability Matrix and Test Matrix.
- Troubleshoot new releases and production issues. Interacted on a regular basis with web developers and business analysts on any Change of Requirements.
- Performed Manual Testing on different modules of the application.
- Executed Sanity Testing to determine whether software is performing well enough to accept it for testing effort & Smoke Testing to determine possibility of further testing manually.
- Performed Smoke Testing, Security Testing, GUI Testing and User Acceptance testing.
- Manually conducted Positive Testing by putting correct inputs to ensure that it functions as desired and Negative Testing by putting incorrect inputs to ensure that it fails gracefully.
- Involved in writing SQL Queries to check for the data validation.
- Wrote complex SQL queries in Rapid SQL to perform the backend testing against Oracle/Sybase database
- Used UNIX Shell Scripts to extract data from the database for Back End Testing
- Used QC for Tracking Defects and Reporting Bugs.
- Defined Test Steps for each test in the Tree. Also, created Manual Tests in QC
- Scheduled a test using Test Run Schedule in QC.
- Participated in the Project Meetings and Walkthroughs in pursuit of Information Sharing as well as resolving the intermittent issues of concern Drafted Test Strategies, Test Cases and Test Plan based on Functional Specification.
Environment: Windows 7/8, SQL, Oracle, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, QC