- Explorative and detail - oriented QA Automation Engineer with 3+ years of experience in Manual and Automation Testing of Web-based and Client/Server applications.
- Strong and solid knowledge of Agile Methodology with a firm understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Lifecycle (STLC) process.
- Successfully participated in building and maintaining Automation Framework from scratch and developing and designing comprehensive automation scripts.
- Uses latest automation technologies and tools including Core Java, Maven, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber BDD, JUnit, TestNG, SQL, REST API, Postman, Git and GitHub, Jira Xray, and Jenkins.
- Extensively automated Functional, Regression, and Smoke Testing using various testing techniques.
- Highly experienced in performing all three layers of software testing - UI, Database, and API Testing.
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Good team player as a cross-functional team member in a collaborative environment as well as the ability to work independently with minimal supervision as a self-starter and creative, quick learner.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber
Languages: Java, SQL, Gherkin, HTML, XML, JSON
Testing Frameworks: DDD, BDD, Hybrid Framework, Page Object Model, TestNG, JUnit
API Testing: Postman, JDBC, REST, REST Assured
Build & Integration Tools: Maven, Jenkins
Version Control: Git, GitHub
Database: Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL
IDE: IntelliJ, Eclipse
Defect Tracking Tools: Jira, Jira Xray
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
- Collaborate with clients, project manager, and team members in a fast-paced Agile Scrum development environment and attend Scrum ceremonies (Grooming, Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-Up, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective meetings).
- Analyze business requirements and prepare project documentation and design Test Cases and Scenarios for Automation Testing.
- Create and maintain Test Scripts using Selenium WebDriver with Java for Functional Test Cases.
- Develop and maintain Selenium WebDriver and Cucumber JUnit Framework incorporating Page Object Model design pattern and write Test Scenarios by using Gherkin language.
- Design and implement automated Test Cases for Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) environment.
- Perform various types of testing, including Front-End (UI) and Back-End testing (JDBC), Smoke, and Regression.
- Utilize Apache POI jar file to read Test Data from Excel spreadsheets and load them into required Test Cases.
- Utilize Maven project build tool for managing dependencies in POM.xml file.
- Perform Database Testing by writing SQL Queries in SQL Developer for Manual Testing and validate data using Oracle JDBC for Automation Testing.
- Implement REST Assured and Hamcrest libraries for automation RESTful API Testing and Postman for Manual API Testing.
- Produce detailed reports with HTML and Cucumber JSON reports.
- Integrate Jenkins CI with version control tool (Git) and scheduled builds to run Regression Test Suites and Smoke Tests.
- Track the defects with Jira X-Ray and generate efficient bug reports for the team.
QA Automation Engineer
- Experienced in working in an Agile environment and participated in all Scrum meetings.
- Designed Test Cases based on user stories, acceptance criteria (AC), and requirements.
- Involved in the usage of BDD Framework to develop Cucumber Step Definitions, Scenarios, and Features using Acceptance criteria.
- Experienced in designing and implementing Page Object Model (POM) by creating an element for each page object and reusing all the objects in various scripts.
- Performed grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods, and Test Suites for Regression and Functional Testing using TestNG Annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider, and Tags and implemented Selenium using TestNG Framework with Java.
- Highly efficient in using Maven for building WebDriverManager projects with Java.
- Experienced with API Testing using GET, POST, PUT and DELETE methods with Postman and REST Assured library.
- Wrote SQL Queries to connect to the Database and retrieve data for a specified set of test requirements to fetch and validate data as part of End-to-End Testing.
- Experienced in running Regression Suites, Smoke Testing, and Functional Testing.
- Scheduled tests using Jenkins for Regression suites and Smoke tests and automated reports.
- Provided detailed bug reports using Jira X-Ray and used Git as a version control system.