- 7 years of experience in IT with specialization in software quality assurance, proficient in testing on web - based application.
- Experienced on core java and OOPS concepts.
- Proficient in using test automation tools such as Selenium Web driver/IDE for automation testing scripts in web application.
- Experienced working on API testing used Postman, ReadyAPI, SoapUI and Swagger.
- Proficient in development of TestNG or data driven automation frameworks in selenium.
- Knowledge on developing BDD (Behavior Driven Development) by using cucumber.
- Experience in designing and creating automation BDD and TestNG frameworks using Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven.
- Knowledge on black box testing, white box testing and gray box testing.
- Experienced on all phases of Software development life Cycle (SDLC) with methodology such as Agile, Scrum and waterfall model.
- Knowledge on reviewing business requirements with creating test plan, test condition, test cases, and test scripts, test implementation, requirements traceability matrix.
- Knowledge on smoke testing, regression testing.
- Knowledge of management and analysis of data.
- Experience of using defect-reporting and defect-tracking tools JIRA and Azure DevOps.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment without compromising the product quality.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and perform as part of a team.
Languages: JAVA,JSON, XML, SQL
Testing tools: Selenium Webdriver, Postman, ReadyAPI, SoapUI
Test framework: BDD framework, TestNG framework
Bug tracking tools JIRA, Azure DevOps:
Data Bases Postgre: SQL, MySQL, MS Excel, MS Access, SPSS, Stata
Process: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall
Sr. Software Test Automation Engineer
Confidential, Sacramento, CA
- Involved in building automation framework from scratch using selenium Webdriver, java, and cucumber (BDD).
- Developed automation framework implementing page object model, using java, selenium, Webdriver and cucumber.
- Performed BDD (Behavior Driven Development) using cucumber features, scenarios and step definitions in gherkin format.
- Developed and executed SQL queries to verify the proper insertion, deletion and updates into MySQL supporting database.
- Used maven for build management, and Jenkins for continuous integration of the builds.
- Assessed and analyzed user stories and participated in sprint planning, review sessions and scrum meetings, developed test scenario, test cases, test data and test reports.
- Performed UI, functional and regression testing using selenium Webdriver, cucumber maven and Jenkins.
- Integrated automation scripts (Selenium Webdriver API) in continuous integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly consignment run of the scripts.
- Using JIRA as a defect tracking tool on the project.
- Responsible for API testing using Postman for manual testing and ReadyAPI for automation.
- Using swagger to describe the structure of API so that machine can read them.
- Designed the test scripts and analyzed the test results in various levels of the application including integration, regression, functional and Confidential testing using selenium.
- Implemented regression and smoke test execution by using selenium Webdriver.
- Involved in preparing a report of all automation difficulties and test results for further application using maven.
- Delivered back end testing for data validation using SQL and executed SQL queries on database tables to verify the database.
- Participated in stand-up meeting, weekly automation meeting with all other AQ, weekly assessment meetings with business analysts and developers.
Environment: Selenium Webdriver, Jenkins, Maven, Apache-POI, Cucumber, Gherkin, Oracle DB, Eclipse, XML, HTML, SQL, XPath, MS Office, SDLC, JSON, Core Java. Browser: Chrome, Firefox and IE.
QA Automation Engineer
Confidential, Fredericksburg, VA
- Developed test cases by using automation test scripts. Other activities included test execution report and generation in accordance with quality assurance best practices.
- Gathered requirements documents such as business requirements and design documents and other related documents.
- Responsible for writing and maintain selenium Webdriver scripts for regression and functional testing using data driven framework.
- Developed test code in java language using selenium Webdriver and TestNG framework.
- Setup the automation framework using selenium Webdriver to run test cases in multiple browsers and platforms.
- Involved in design and implementation of selenium Webdriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites (TestNG and Maven).
- Using XPaths, CSS selectors, IDs in order to locate elements on web pages.
- Involved in designing of automation framework to be used in UI testing with selenium Webdriver.
- Execute browser compatibility and regression tests using selenium Webdriver for testing UI for every new build release.
- Set up Non Pipline Jenkins for scheduled automation test run and that will trigger smoke test script by receiving email.
- Assisted test lead in documenting user Confidential test report and reporting defect resolution.
- Experienced in cross browser testing by executing the test cases in chrome, Firefox and IE.
- Participating in Agile scrum methodology and attend daily scrum, sprint planning and sprint review meetings.
Environment: Selenium Webdriver, Java, TestNG, Jenkin’s, SQL, Maven, HTML, XPath, GitHub, pgAdmin, MySQL, MS Office, JIRA, SDLC, Agile/Scrum, XML, REST, SOAPUI, JSON, HTML, browser: Chrome, Firefox and IE.
Manual QA Test Engineer
Confidential, Falmouth, VA
- Review and analyze system specifications
- Collaborate with QA Engineers to develop effective strategies and test plans
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyze results
- Evaluate product code according to specifications
- Create logs to document testing phases and defects
- Report bugs and errors to development teams
- Help troubleshoot issues
- Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Experience with Postman tool for Manual Testing.
- Reviewing database test cases according to assigned requirements to validate reports by retrieving data with SQL queries from MySQL database.
- Reviewed theTest Basis,designedand documentedTest Strategies, Test Plan, Test Casesandexecuted test cases.
- Responsible for identifying test cases for Smoke Test, Functional and Regression Tests.
- Involved in testing the application utilizing theScrum (Agile)methodology.
- Revieweddatabase test casesaccording to assigned Requirements to validate reports by retrieving data withSQL queriesfrom oracle database.
- Assisted QA lead in documentingUser Confidential Test reportand reporting defect resolution.
Environment: MS Office, SQL, Windows 10, JIRA, Agile/Scrum, Browser: Chrome, Firefox and IE.