- A detail oriented, efficient and organized professional seeking a position in the field of Software Quality Assurance and Software Testing.
- Possess knowledge of Manual and Automated testing tools which have been used for System, Functional and Regression Testing.
- Over 10 years of hands on experience in Designing and Executing Automation Frameworks and Manual Test Cases.
- Experienced in all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Test Life Cycle (STLC) in all dimensions of Functionality, Usability & Reliability.
- Highly experienced in writing Test Plans, Test Strategy, Test Scripts, Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) and Test Scenarios from Software Requirement Specifications.
- Performed Sanity Testing, Smoke Testing, UAT Testing, Regression Testing, Security Testing and Negative Testing of various applications.
- Expertise in programming languages, scripted in QTP using VB scripts, in Selenium using Java (Cucumber/Gherkin).
- Utilized JIRA, ALM for Bug reporting, Sprint Task Tracking, Storing, Executing and saving run results.
- Skills in Back - End testing, manually and using automated testing tools by executing SQL queries.
- Excellent Documentation skills, able to design clear and appealing reporting and demo documents.
- Exceptional ability to learn new concepts in minimal time. Ability to adopt established technology and comply with establishment standard.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, good collaborator, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem-solving and delivering under high-stress environment.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and able to perform as part of a team.
- Able to Lead, Train, Mentor and Assist team members.
- Able to bring enthusiasm in workplace by providing motivation, knowledge transfer, new technology, listening, sharing and implementing ideas.
Testing Tools: Selenium(Eclipse), UFT, QTP, Soap UI, Reflection FTP Client X Manager, Reflection Workspace
Defect Trackers: JIRA, ALM, Quality Center, IBM ClearQuest, Test Director
Programming Languages: Java(Cucumber/Gherkin) Visual Basic, SQL, PL/SQL, C/C++, HTML
Databases: MS SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access
Operating Systems: Windows, MacOS, Unix/Linux, MsDOS
Application Types: Desktop Web, Mobile App, Mobile Web, Tableau Dashboards
MS Office: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Communications: Skype Teams, Skype for Business, MS Lync, IBM Lotus Notes
Methodology: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall, Hybrid
Confidential, Suitland, MD
- Developed, Executed and Maintained detailed Functional Test Cases to test numerous functionalities of various Internal and External Census Dashboards.
- Provided Feedback and Recommended on Application Design in order to have Clear, Efficient, User Friendly and Comprehensible Dashboards.
- Responsible for Creating, Executing and Maintaining Test Cases for ETL jobs.
- Supervised the whole process of data ingestion/copying/replacing from one or more source into the data warehouse and performed post execution data comparison.
- Modified and Updated Test cases as per Redesign and new business needs.
- Created and Executed Refactored and Consolidated ETL jobs with regular and altered test data.
- Used UNIX commands to connect with servers, placing data files and ETL job run.
- Wrote and Ran miscellaneous SQL Queries to perform Backend Testing.
- Involved in Testing and Documenting server migration process for Dashboards and Database Schemas.
- Wrote Technical Design Documents (TDD) for various Dashboards using Tableau Server.
- Involved in creating all kinds of documentation such as Project Design Document, Test Analysis Report (TAR), Interface Control Document (ICD), Test Scenarios and Test Execution Reports etc.
- Created and Executed UAT Test Cases, involved in reviewing Requirement Tractability Matrix and Use Cases.
- Supported Regression Phase by Executing Jobs in minimal time, Troubleshooting Issues and Fixing and retesting them before the deployment.
- Participated in stand-up sessions, analyzed the challenges and actively coordinated with developers to recreate the errors when needed.
- Extensively used JIRA to track Sprint progress and defect management.
Environment: Tableau Server, Unix/ETL, SQL Developer, JIRA, Skype Teams, Reflection FTP Client and X Advantage, Reflection Workspace, Skype for Business, MS Office, SharePoint, Agile, Windows OS
Confidential, Vienna, VA
Sr. Automation Tester(Mobile)
- Designed, Executed and Maintained Automated Test cases for Mobile Application on Android/Tab and iPhone/ipad platforms
- Designed, Executed and Maintained Automated Test cases for Mobile Web
- Earned Master and Specialist Certifications from PerfectoMobile for developing scripts in UFT (VB scripts)
- Adopted Hybrid methodology and involved in all phases of the product development. Worked with rapid deployment cycles and changes in testing patterns and involved in full SDLC.
- Took initiative to convert existing Automated Test Cases from Object Repository method to Descriptive Programming (Xpath)
- Actively participated in managing and developing a Selenium Testing team and helped out them from Initial implementation to the end of whole conversion process.
- Converted, Developed, Executed and Maintained automated test cases to Selenium Framework using Cucumber (Gherkin).
- Involved in writing Test Plans, Test Strategy, Test scripts, Test Scenarios and other Documentations and responsible for creating Traceability Matrix.
- Analyzed and Reproduced Defects, performed Troubleshooting and coordinated with developers for Fixing and Retesting
- Demonstrated overall test process and strategy to products owner and stockholders, participated in daily stand-up sessions with my views and comments
- Intensively used JIRA for Task management and Defect Tracking
- Generated and Designed Script Execution Reports for each Regression Phase and shared them with my remarks
- Documented Validation Point’s Details, Sprint Status Report, Verified and Gathered Valid test data, added Notes and Uploaded completed scripts into Share point site.
- Led, Trained, Mentored, Assisted and Introduced newly added team members with Coding, Application Walkthrough, Naming Conventions and QA and Documentation process
- Coordinated with other Internal Teams in regards to testing tool issues, conversion challenges, finding and modifying test data, tool and environment issues, defect resolution, and peer to peer review testing.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG Framework, Java, Eclipse, Cucumber/ Gherkin, Xpath, UFT, ALM, JIRA, IBM Lotus Notes, XML, Windows, MacOS, VDI, MS Office, Safari, Chrome
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Developed, Executed and Maintained Functional Test Cases for Desktop Web Applications.
- Performed Web Service testing by using Soap UI.
- Adopted existing Soap UI Scripts to test Services of several projects that have interface with the Backend.
- Analyzed and filtered responses with parsing script and sent reports
- Developed and Executed Automated test scripts in QuickTestPro
- Responsible for extending existing Keyword and Data Driven Frameworks
- Created reusable User Defined Functions, added them into Function Library
- Performed end to end testing based on different test scenarios and functionalities
- Analyzed User Specification and Use Cases to develop Manual Test Cases
- Widely used ALM for scripting and storing
- Used IBM ClearQuest for Bug Report and management
- Closely Interacted with Developers to with inquiries and application issues.
- Reviewed Business Requirements and Design Specification Documents to understand the application kernel
- Participated in reviewing Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Condition and Traceability Matrix.
- Collaborated with Off Shore resources, exchanged technical view points and ideas
- Involved in conducting Smoke, Detailed and Regression Test Execution
- Participated and shared my views on in File System Documentation review meetings, Daily Status meetings, Application Walkthrough meetings etc.
Environment: QTP, QC, ALM, Soap UI, XML, Oracle, IBM ClearQuest, Subversion, Windows, MS Office
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
- Performed Manual Testing for the Functionality and GUI Testing of the Application
- Adopted, Executed and validated previously written Test Cases and supported regression phases.
- Gathered and Analyzed specifications and business requirements prior to application testing.
- Interacted with Developers and Business Analysts to resolve technical issues.
- Involved in creating Test Plan, Test Strategies and Test scenarios for the testing effort of the module.
- Developed and Executed Test Cases and Test Scripts based on the Requirement documents and manage them using HP Quality Center.
- Used HP Quality Center to enter and report defects.
- Performed manual Back-End testing
- Prepared and execute different SQL Queries against Oracle Database.
- Developed and Maintained Local and Global Object Repository in QTP.
- Developed Hybrid Framework for automating the complete system using QTP.
- Involved in creating UAT environment and Performed UAT Testing.
- Designed documentations, worked closely with other QA engineers to coordinate testing.
- Participated in walkthroughs and reviews with users, designers and developers establishing quality policy conformance.
Environment: QTP, Quality Center, Oracle, Soap UI, Windows, HTML, MS Office, Waterfall