- A highly competent and result oriented Senior QA Engineer with around 6 years of experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) & Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), in writing Test Cases, Test Plans and Automation test scripts using Selenium WebDriver with JAVA.
- Diversified experience in Automation and Manual testing, serving various domains such as E - Commerce, Banking, and Insurance.
- Quality Assurance specialist with 6 years of testing experience for Web based and API using Automation and Manual process.
- Solid analytical and dynamic troubleshooting skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as part of a team.
- Performed Smoke Testing, Integration Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, API Testing, and data base testing.
- Experienced in prioritizing and completing project while meeting deadlines and organization goals.
- Experience in supporting Test Cycles, Compiling Test Status Reports, participating Defect Status meetings, Project Status meetings and interacting with Project Managers, Operations Teams and Engineers.
- Expert in writing syntax for OOP concept using Java.
- Expert in working automation script from scratch. Extensive knowledge of developing different type of framework like hybrid framework, data driven/Cucumber and Page Object model/page factory framework.
- Sound knowledge to build automation Script from scratch using BDD, Cucumber with page object model using Java language.
- Expert on Junit and TestNG as testing framework for Smoke and Regression testing, Maven for Project building tool, Git for version control, Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Experienced working on Selenium grid to perform parallel and cross browsing testing and Sauce Labs for remotely run project in different platform.
- Sound Knowledge in web service testing like Restful using Rest Assured framework and Postman.
- Used Log4j to log my automation report, Cucumber Reports, and customized html report and provided that to responsible person as a report.
- Collaborated with offshore and onshore team member to design and deploy the build release on time and helped team member to make code more efficient.
- Experienced on Dev tool to see http report and tested responsive browser manually.
- Highly experienced working on agile methodology to deploy the software.
- Sound knowledge on SQL queries and backend validation testing.
- Sound knowledge about Linux command and shell scripting.
- Assess level of effort for QA tasks, resolve blockers in the QA cycle without manager intervention.
Automation Testing: Manual Testing; Selenium; Java.
Test Regimens: SDLC, STLC; Regression, Integration, Smoke, Positive, Negative, End - to-end testing etc.
Test Tools: Selenium WebDriver/Grid, Appium, Junit, TestNG, Postman, Cucumber, SoapUI, Extent Report, log4j.
Testing Frameworks: Data Driven, Hybrid, POM, BDD Cucumber.
Test Build and Integrating Tools: Maven, Jenkins.
API Testing: Restful web service, Postman, REST Assured.
Defect tracking and management tool: JIRA, Rally, TestRail.
Project Methodologies: Agile Sprint/Scrum.
Database tools: MySQL, Apache POI.
Markup Languages: HTML, CSS, XML, JSON.
Utilities: Eclipse, GIT/GitHub, Firebug, Fire Path.
Web Browsers: Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, IE, Safari.
Platforms: Windows, LINUX, Mac OS
MS Office Tools: Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, slack
Senior QA Engineer
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Develop and maintain manual and automated test plans, test strategy and test case based on BRD and Acceptance criteria/Wireframe.
- Define and track quality assurance metrics such as defect severities, open defect counts, and impact to projects Have done in Smoke/Regression Testing, Positive, Negative, Data Driven, Functional, UI, Backend, and Integration Testing.
- Expertise in QA Methodologies like Agile, SCRUM. Quality Assurance Life Cycle, Test Strategy, Test metrics. Worked on full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Working on existing hybrid framework where my responsibility is writing automation script for web based, and API application like Rest.
- Writing selenium script for web-based application in existing hybrid framework, which was built using Java, Page Object Model, Page factory, Data Driven Framework, Customized HTML Reports, Log4j.
- Implement Data Driven using Apache POI to read data from Excel sheet into automation scripts.
- Used groups, parameters, data provider TestNG annotations to design regression and functional test case.
- Experience in providing the efficient customized locators strategy like XPath and CSS to run WebDriver script in stable conditions as well as identifying web elements.
- Performed CRUD operation to validate Json response, Status code using postman manually.
- Maintain code in Git and ran in CI environment like Jenkins nightly basis.
- Worked on Agile tools like Jira to report the bug and maintained test case in excel Sheet.
- Create JDBC connection to retrieve data from database using MySQL.
- Experienced in setting up parallel and Cross browser testing using Selenium Grid.
- Reported automation script result to manager using Log4j/Extent report.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Analyzed and created manual /automated test plans, test strategy and test case based on BRD/SRD/Wireframe and Acceptance criteria.
- Executed and analyzed Test Result under Agile Methodology and attended all meeting.
- Wrote automation script on data driven framework on web-based application using Java, Selenium Web-driver and Apache POI, Data table and Scenario Outline/Example.
- Wrote automation code in BDD/Cucumber framework using Java, Selenium WebDriver, Junit along with Page Object Model.
- Expert writing feature file using Gherkin language like Given, When, Then, And, But, Background, Scenario Outline etc.
- Used Junit as testing framework and log4j for logging framework.
- Involved in providing the efficient locators strategy like Xpath and CSS Selector to run WebDriver script in stable condition.
- Created documents detailing the process for each of the test scripts and the scenarios each script performs.
- Performed Smoke, Regression, Functional, System and backend Testing. wrote automation script for Restful API using Rest Assured framework and Java.
- Developed and updated Test Cases and Test Scripts in TestRail executed them using JIRA.
- Performed continuous integration process using Jenkins and ran automation script nightly basis from Git and debugged the script and identified bug and reported defects in JIRA.
- Scheduled testing job and set up the flag to run automation script every time developer commits new code and make a new build.
- Participated in the technical review of test automation project deliverables ensuring deadlines and schedules are still in scope and on track.
- Provided Mechanisms and Methodology to ensure Execution of QA Processes used in Preparation, Support, Management and Continuous Process Improvement.
- Coordinated efforts between product development teams and offshore test team.
Confidential, Parsippany, NJ
- Developed and maintained Test Cases and Test Scripts in TestRail executed them using JIRA.
- Created different kinds of documentation and analyzed BRD and Acceptance criteria, Test plan and Test case for new functional modules.
- Worked closely with business team, designers, and software developers to understand application functionality and navigational flow.
- Participated in different sessions to identify the critical business transactions.
- Actively participated in daily Scrum stand-ups meeting, sprint planning meeting and retrospective meeting.
- Executed Smoke and Regression test cases based on the User and Business Requirements on different environment and different browser.
- Performed cross browsing testing using Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome browser on QA, Stage, UAT and Production server.
- Extensively used my SQL queries to validate database.
- Actively participated during functional and regression test cycles. Supported all major production releases.
- Used JIRA for tracking, analyzing and documenting defects.
- Coordinated with the development team and test team.
- Collaborate with offshore team in various reason.
- Sound Knowledge in Linux operator to handle Linux server.
- Tracked and reported upon testing activities, including testing results, test case coverage, required resources, defects discovered and their status, performance baselines.
- Planned, arranged, and facilitated meetings, workshops and relations with client staff during test planning and throughout subsequent development and testing activities.
- Facilitate End to End and UAT testing along with defects status turn over meetings.
- Worked in agile methodology and attended all meetings.
- Involved in requirements gathering sessions with client end users to get understanding and perspective of client’s business model.
- Provided statistical reports on QA testing and defects resolution progress on a weekly basis to stakeholders and management.