- More than 5 years of experience working in the IT field with very strong experience in the field of QA Automation as well as Manual testing.
- Worked in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Quality Assurance Life Cycle (QALC).
- Extensively worked on performing Black Box Testing, System Testing, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing, Functional Testing, Integration testing, Data Driven testing, Back End and Front - End testing and User Acceptance testing.
- Strong experience in Performance Testing of API and Web applications using LoadRunner and JMeter.
- Extensive experience in testing web applications in Agile development processes.
- Good capability in writing automation scripts using Behavior Driven Development (BDD) Cucumber, Gherkin, Features, Scenarios, Scenario Outlines, Steps, and Step Definitions.
- Attended daily standup meetings and reported the status to SCRUM master.
- Experience in working with open-source tools such as Selenium IDE, Selenium Web Driver, Selenium Grid, Appium, Cucumber, JUnit, JIRA and Eclipse.
- Expertise in developing test scripts using Selenium WebDriver executed automated test scripts & analyzed the results.
- Involved in requirement gathering, system design and development based on agile methodology.
- Reported the Testing status for the current Sprint daily during Scrum meetings.
- Integrated successfully built deployment tools like Jenkins, Maven with Selenium Automation frameworks for nightly regressions.
- Worked in the cross-domain application and was able to identify the flow of data between different applications in domains and its dependency.
- Provide data protection, recovery and business continuity test and validate disaster recovery and business continuity methods in the UNIX environment.
- Highly skilled in implementation and execution of automation tests in Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, JUnit and creating reports by using Maven.
- Experience in building Microsoft.Net/C# automation Scripts by using Selenium, MS Visual Studio, MSTest, NUNIT, Specflow, Coded UI, and Azure.
- Experience in design and development of BDD framework from scratch by writing Gherkin Features-Scenarios using Specflow and Cucumber.
- Have excellent working and understanding of CI/CD processes and tools like TFS, Jenkins, Automated Tests with DevOps Team for Regression Testing.
- Excellent experience in working with various databases like Oracle and SQL Server.
- Experience in manual testing of REST and SOAP APIs using tools like Postman, and automating the APIs testing process with automation tools such as SOAPUI, and HTTP client libraries.
- Used for building WebDriver projects and performed Continuous Integration of code and scripts using Jenkins and Azure Devops.
Tools: Selenium, Specflow, Jira, Junit, TestNG, Cucumber, SOAPUI, Postman, Rest Assured/HTTP Client Library, JMeter, Azure Devops, Appium, ALM
IDE: Visual Studio, SQL Developer, IntelliJ, Visual Studio Code, Eclipse IDE
Web Debugging Tool: XPath, Xpather
Databases: SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle, MongoDB, PL/SQL, MYSQL
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome
Test Framework: NUnit, Junit
Operating Systems: Linux, Windows, Mac
Other tools: SourceTree, Bitbucket, GIT, TFS, VSTS, JIRA
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
SDET/QA Automation Engineer
- Responsible for Requirements Analysis, Creation and Execution of Functional & Integration Test Cases and end to end to Test Scenarios
- Developed Test Plan and Test Cases for REST API/Web Services testing using Postman.
- Performed initial Smoke testing to determine if the Sprint deployment was stable enough to withstand a major testing effort.
- Prepared Automated Test scripts using Java, TestNG, Selenium Webdriver and Jenkins for UI automation functional testing.
- Responsible for the execution of the Integration Test Cases and making sure the data is populating in the Integration areas of the modules.
- Created automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven (BDD) approach with Cucumber.
- Extensively used Page Objects design and page navigation framework for readable test script and easy maintenance from developer perspectives.
- Integrated Automation scripts in Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Developed test automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver for regression and performance testing of the various releases of the application.
- Created the tests that have no user interaction as a set and executed them as Batch tests using Maven.
- Used TestNG Annotations in Selenium WebDriver and executed a batch of tests as TestNG suite.
- Developed Selenium scripts in TestNG for parameterization using Data Provider annotation.
- Conducted System Testing and User Acceptance Testing for every client and Conducted Backend testing writing extensive SQL queries.
- Checked the data flow through the front end to backend and used SQL queries, to extract the data from the Oracle database.
Environment: Java, Maven, Selenium WebDriver, BDD, Cucumber, TestNG, Oracle database, Jenkins, Rest API, Postman
Confidential, Dublin, OH
- Followed Agile Methodology for all the phases of SDLC and interacted with Lead, Business Analyst, Developers and other QA Members during Daily Stand-Up Meeting.
- Actively involved in all stages of STLC (Software Testing Life Cycle).
- Created and maintained test plan, test cases and automation test documents.
- Extensively automated Regression and Functional test suites by developing test cases and test suites using Selenium WebDriver and C#.
- Work on software Verification and Validation manually and use Assertions for automation.
- Created checkpoints and synchronization points in the application to deal with timing problems.
- Involved in Web Services Testing using SOAPUI.
- Tested application using BDD framework with Specflow and Gherkin language.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Identified, developed and reviewed systematic procedure for each test case after going through the documents provided.
- Involved in extensive data validation, back-end testing and querying the database using SQL queries.
- Used Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) to open bugs, create tasks and user stories, initiate change requests.
- Maintained Traceability Matrix to track the requirements to the test cases to ensure complete test coverage in the TFS.
- Effectively Communicated testing status to QA lead, project managers, and teams who are involved in User Acceptance Testing.
Environment: C#, SoapUI, Windows, SQL Server 2008, Agile, Specflow, TFS, Selenium WebDriver
Confidential, Dallas, TX
QA Automation Tester
- Analyzed and reviewed Business and Functional Requirements documents and Use Case documents.
- Contributed in regular status meetings to state any bugs, problems and risks.
- Involved in the complete QA Lifecycle activities like Pre-testing phase, Acceptance Testing Phase, Testing Phase and also in User Acceptance Testing.
- Designed and developed automated scripts for functional, regression, sanity and integration testing using automation tool Selenium.
- Builtautomationscripts using Data driven Framework and TestNG and JUnit Framework and conducted usingSelenium.
- Worked with the functionality and Regression testing cycles of major product releases by developing test suites usingSeleniumWeb Driver.
- Created and maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to ensure all the requirements are covered.
- Used Quality Center (QC) to maintain defect repository and followed the bug life cycle until the bugs are fixed or closed.
- Wrote SQL queries to retrieve the information from the databases to check whether the data has been updated.
- Developed and executed several SQL queries in SQL Server as part of backend testing and involved in data validation and verifying data-integrity and also to check the data flow between different Systems.
- Investigated and determined root cause of issues by reporting defects utilizing HP Quality Center and JIRA to maintain defects and check defect status.
- Implemented test schedule, tracked defects and assigned them to developers based on their priority.
- Verified that the Software Quality Assurance Standards are met throughout all phases of development.
Environment: AGILE, Quality Center (QC), SQL, SOAPUI, Java, Oracle, Selenium Web Driver, Selenium IDE, JIRA, JUnit, TestNG
Confidential, Dallas TX
- Involved in analyzing the requirements document to formulate the test cases and conducted manual testing for the entire application.
- Used Agile Development Methodology in execution of this project.
- Performed Functional testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, System testing and compatibility testing, Unit testing
- Involved in Testing Web based applications.
- Documented and reported the issues to developers using the Quality Center tool.
- Created and maintained reusable actions, functional libraries and shared object repositories.
- Developed SQL queries to check proper data population in application tables.
- Worked Extensively with Business Analysts and Developers to discuss the defects and their fixes.
- Prepared Consolidated Bug Report at the end of each round of testing.
- Actively participated in defect review meetings with the team members, provided written status reports of testing.
Environment: Agile (Scrum), Quality Center (QC), MS SQL Server, SoapUI, MS Office, TFS, SQL Server Profiler.