- Over 16+years of hands - on experience as Software Development Engineer, Automation Test Engineer (SDET) and QA Test Lead.
- Experience building and developing test automation for API Automation scripts using Rest Assured, SOAPUI and Postman.
- Expertise in creating automation frameworks from scratch to automate Microservice API testing, GUI, Functionality, User Acceptance, System, Regression, Integration, Smoke, Unit, Database, Mobile, End to End, UAT and Compatibility testing types.
- Utilizing technical systems and solution architecture to translate business plans into application technical objectives to define automation test strategy.
- Experience in debugging the code and analyze the root cause of failures and provide analysis with Development team.
- Working within established Software Development Lifecycles and methodologies including agile, scrum, iterative & waterfall to support the success of the organization.
- Experience in creating jobs in Jenkins to trigger the batch job, run regression to validate deployments in SIT and report the status to project team by analyzing the Pipeline reports in daily scrum.
- Learning rapidly and continuously taking advantage of new technologies, concepts and business models. demonstrated history of staying current in emerging technology trends.
- Experience with coding in Java. Understanding of software design principles and understanding of OOP design principles.
- Coach others recognize their strengths and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Have worked extensively on preparing various project artifacts like Test Plan, Test Design, Test Estimation, Test design, Test data setup, Test summary report and other QA related documents and involved in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Displaying initiative and ability to develop applications in a self-directed and self-disciplined manner.
- Working collaboratively with other developers, including participating in code reviews.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and lead other team members.
- Experience in multi domain knowledge (Mortgage, Life Science, Banking, Insurance).
- Demonstrating robust analytical thinking skills with the ability to identify, debug, and resolve technical issues.
- Collaborating with multidisciplinary teams in resolving complex technical issues: providing design guidance that follows the enterprise architecture vision and adheres to application technology guidelines; and understanding and mitigating the impact of technical design to security, performance and data privacy.
- Demonstrating significant contributions to deliver solutions within an Agile methodology, while establishing quality, timeliness and adherence to good architectural practice and guidelines.
- Participating in design standards work streams up through ratification in the governance process, working with multi-territory representatives and technical architects.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Have Experience on ETL testing, Mainframe testing (COBOL, PL/1, IMS, DB2, JCL), Database testing (Oracle, PL/SQL, TOAD, Microsoft SQL).
- Experience in working with remote and offshore teams and agile environments.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen quickly.
- Fast learner and adapting to the environment, learning new technologies and scaling up the skills time to time.
- Analyze complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
Automation: Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, Page Object Model, Junit, TestNG, Jenkins, Log4J, Extent Report, SQL Developer, APPIUM, Selenium GRID, Page Factory, Fitnesse
API: Rest Assured, Postman, SOAP UI
Defect Tracking Tool: HP Quality Center 11.0, JIRA, Version One
Build Tools: Maven, Gradle
IDE: Eclipse, Intellij
Version Control: GITEye, Bit Bucket
ETL Testing Tools: Master Data Management, Informatica (ETL Testing)
Databases: Oracle, SQL, DB2, MS Access
Tools: Used: TOAD, Informatica, Model -N, HP-Quality Center, Mainframe - SPUFI, XPEDITOR, VSAM, LifeScience Tool: GQ-EDMS
Management Skills: Onsite Lead, Team Lead, Validation Lead, Client Facing Skills
Domain Knowledge: Insurance, Banking and Finance, HealthCare, LifeScience
Confidential, McLean, Virginia
Lead/SDET/Senior Automation Test Engineer
- As SDET, currently working in BDD/Cucumber framework using Java and Junit.
- Analyze End to End scenario and develop cucumber feature files using Gherkin language and implement it using Selenium Webdriver.
- Worked in Modern Delivery culture, as part of this, developed Junit scripts, Selenium, API Automation.
- Worked in Agile SCRUM methodology as a Test Automation Engineer in developing the automation framework and collaboratively working with project teams.
- Developed many utility components to enhance better reusability for the Test Automation Framework.
- Involved in different phases of Software Development Life Cycle and worked on Testing lifecycle, Test Design methodologies, Test Execution, and Defect Tracking.
- Implemented continuous integration using Jenkins and execute regression test scripts daily in pipeline to ensure the stability of application.
- Implemented parallel execution logic using Cucumber JVM.
- Analyze the pipeline reports and work closely with project teams on resolving any issues.
- Publish automation metrics and status to project team on daily and weekly basis.
- Used Eclipse, Intellij for developing automation scripts and Maven as build tool.
- Used GITEye, BitBucket to push our developed scripts to a shared project repository.
- Constructed complex SQL queries to validate backend using JDBC API.
- Worked on Cloud concepts using Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Developed reusable BDD Selenium framework and it’s been adapted by multiple project teams.
- Implemented cross browser testing using Selenium Grid.
- Developed Automation scripts for new enhancements using Selenium Web Driver and implement new technologies for robust framework.
- Developed API Automation scripts using RestAssured, SOAPUI and Postman for Microservice based applications.
- Developed Fitnesse scripts for Appian applications.
- Worked closely with project teams, Product Owners, Dev Engineers, Ops, DBA and Scrum Master to ensure the quality of the delivered product.
- Mentor new resources and provide support to them in all technical aspects.
- Document and maintain knowledge management repository that will assist new resources to understand about the Application, Automation framework, coding standards and Processes.
Confidential, Princeton, NJ
Quality Assurance Automation Lead
- Worked on Agile SCRUM Methodology and handled a team of six resources.
- Automated web application using Selenium Page Object Model framework and TestNG.
- Used Continuous Integration tools like GIT, Jenkins to store code and run those codes during build process and nightly basis.
- Generated automation report using Log4j, Extent Report and TestNG Listeners.
- Worked closely with developers and other QA members to define test requirements and developed test cases based on the Business requirements and System requirements.
- Responsible for Automation design and development of requirements collected from the customer.
- Prepared test plans to identify test strategies and resource.
- Involved in Maven configuration for running servers and scripts after the build.
- Involved in preparing a report of all automation difficulties and test results for further application using Maven.
- Experience in handling and toggling with iframes, cookies, pop ups, dropdowns, alerts, and multiple windows
- Developed automation for parallel testing of selective test cases and developed custom Java library to read test data from XML and Properties files using TestNG and Selenium WebDriver
- Used Jenkins as continuous integration server to run automated test suites.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Used web-debugging tools like XPath, Firebug and Firepath to locate elements.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML ids and XPATH in Selenium.
- Developed Automation java code for CSV files load data validation.
- Developed automation for Regression testing for new builds and every modification in the application using Selenium.
- Used Selenium WebDriver to run test cases in multiple browsers and Platforms.
- Handling complex validated Veeva/SFDC application that requires end to end business and technical skillset of understanding other systems like MDM, Informatica Cloud, Business rules and more than 20 downstream applications.
- Handled validated projects with significant set of requirements and team of both offshore and onsite resources. Delivered high quality product during System Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing and Product Sanity check of 2 major product deliverable for Otsuka including Hospital, Oncology, Medical Devices and NeuroScience Salesforce team.
- Identified requirements and converting them into testable scenarios.
- Mentored the business, Vendors to follow Good Documentation Practice standards.
- Writing test cases and scripts compliant with Otsuka processes.
- Working closely with the development team in reporting bugs and issues.
- Facilitating, coordinating, and assisting UAT with the Business.
- Coordinating between Business, IT team and external vendors in ironing out gaps.
- Adhering to GxPs and GAMP in all testing processes.
- Provide End to End support for UAT testing and testing the defects
- Providing Business with guidance, advice and solutions on technical issues
- Implemented i-authorize as value ad for the e-signatures.
- Worked as Module Lead in terms of delivering the testing artifacts, handling a team of ten members.
- Involved in Automating Regression test cases using Selenium Web driver.
- Managed requirements towards identifying mutually agreed solutions with technical teams and business partners.
- Analyzing the functionality and requirements of the system.
- Preparation of Test Scenarios and scripting SQL queries based on understanding of Requirement document.
- Assigning the work, reviewing the work and delivering the work to Onsite.
- Testing Informatica workflows and understand transformation rules and analyze the error in informatica job run.
- Extensively worked on preparing different types of test scenarios and writing test cases.
- Prepared Test Execution checklist according to the Requirements and Test scenarios.
- Responsible for testing and sign off from various interface.
- Involved in Test execution by executing SQL scripts in PL/SQL Oracle 10g.
- Interaction with client calls for clarifications and issues.
- Implemented the migration report for the rollover of this project to production.
- Performed ETL testing and reviewing ETL mappings for any job failure.
- Actively involved in all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Worked closely with business team in requirements gathering and assisted them on identifying some requirement gap.
- Performed Functional, Integration, User Acceptance, Regression Testing and Cross Browser Testing on web-based application.
- Actively participated in creating requirements traceability matrices, and test plan.
- Executed automated regression test scripts using Rational Robot and sharing the test report with project team.
- Test strategy preparation for the successful migration without any data loss.
- Writing SQL, PROCS in DB2, JCL for the test approach.
- Test effort estimation for the test preparation and test execution at Offshore.
- Tracking defects and logging in QC.
- Preparing execution summary report daily basis and overall progress on weekly basis to the project stakeholders.
Mainframe / Java Developer
- Involved in developing the tools (java based) for the test data preparation.
- Analyzed the Code to prepare Junit test cases for reverse engineering the module.
- Involved in developing the Junit code for Mainframe based applications.
- Executed Manual and Automated tests and reported defects by running automated tests. executed manual tests; reviewed results of all tests and reported anomalies into the defect tracking database; verified the resolution of all defects for an assigned project.
- Generate Test Reports, Test Summary and Test Logs.
- Test Environment Setup in Host and Informatica.
- Involved in test case design and SAAS job preparation.
- Involved in writing JCL for test execution and analyze the solution if the job is failure of any abends.
- Involved in the analysis of script, workflow and mapping failures in ETL.
- Test Data preparation for the positive and negative scenario of testing.
- Leading a team of 5 and coordinating all activities in the team.
- Task allocation to team members, Metrics preparation and sharing with Offshore Mgmt and sharing the status reports with Customer.
- PL/SQL Blocks preparation to execute the user’s change requests
- Creating work orders and change requests and overseeing their execution and implementation.
- Writing test scripts, performing System Integration Testing and documenting the errors.
- Performed defect analysis of the real time issues in the production environment.
- Developed SAAS script for test validation.