- Over 4 Years of diversified experience in Software Quality Assurance and Testing on Client/Server, Windows based and Web based applications.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) as well as Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and the Role of QA.
- Experience with SDLC, Waterfall Model and Agile/Scrum processes.
- Hands - on experience in design, development and execution of QA Test plans, Test cases and Test strategies for both Mobile and Manual Testing.
- Involved in Manual testing & Tracking defects using Quality Center and Jira.
- Well experienced in executing User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Regression Testing, System Testing, Functionality Testing, Performance Testing, Black Box Testing, GUI Testing, Sanity Testing, and Usability Testing for Web Client and Server application testing.
- Experience in maintaining Test Matrix, Traceability Matrix & performing GAP analysis to verify that test cases meets the end client requirements.
- Highly proficient in Mobile testing for Android and IOS applications.
- Good experience in testing the native, hybrid, mobile web applications.
- 2+ years of experience in testing the mobile apps with android and IOS platform
- Hands on experience with Browserstag and Saucelabs web services.
- Executed complex SQL queries to validate, join and update data.
- Expert in Test Automation execution via Selenium Web Driver and Apace J-Meter
- Experience in dealing with Off-shore QA Automation Team.
- Experience in coping with changing environments and changing requirements. Great analytic and methodical skills in solving challenging issues during project life cycle and maintaining a track record in delivering results before deadlines.
- Proficient in cross browser testing (IE, chrome, Firefox and Safari)
- Highly proficient with MS Office suite (excel, project, PowerPoint and outlook).
- Motivated self-starter with incredible team building, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Mentored and build skills in more junior members/ new hires of the QA Team.
QA Tools Methodologies: ALM,, TFS, J-Meter, Selenium, Jira, Open Atrium
Agile-Scrum & Waterfall: Languages
Environment: Java, HTML, CSS, XML,, .Net, PHP
Mobile Platforms: Mobile Emulators
Mobile Debugging: Android, IOS & Windows phone
Saucelabs, Browserstag, IOS Stimulator: Android Studio
Browsers: IE; Mozilla Firefox; Chrome; Safari;
Operating Systems: MS-DOS Windows, MAC, Linux
Databases: SQL, Oracle
Confidential | Deerfield, IL
QA Tester Agile/Scrum Flavor Environment
- Analyzed application business requirements, technical specification and installation guidelines
- Responsible for analyzing the requirements and the critical areas of the application to setup and execute Baseline tests.
- Maintained and executed automated regression test cases in Selenium Web Driver using Java programming language.
- Wrote and executed test cases for major program modules as per Business Requirement Documents
- Participated in automated tests using Java/TestNG/XML/SQL based test frameworks.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium Web Driver, TestNG functions which reads data from scripts using property and Excel files.
- Performed usability, GUI, Functionality and regression testing of the new builds
- Identified application defects to minimize number of steps to reproduce the problem
- Used JIRA for updating the status of all the test cases & test scripts that are executed during testing process.
- Involved in Back-End testing by extracting flat files from server, which were generated by batch process to verify Data against expected results.
- Performed cross browser (IE, FIREFOX, Chrome, Safari) and platform (Windows 7/Vista/ XP) compatibility testing in virtual machine environment
- Interacted with the respective developers to explain the testing issues on behalf of the testing team and managed the entire testing effort.
- Identified and isolated software defects and reported them.
- Actively participated in QA team meetings and discussions. Participated in Sprint planning and Agile Scrum meeting on daily basis.
Confidential | Chicago, IL
QA Analyst Agile/Kanban Flavor Environment
- Studied technical design documents, system requirements, and business requirements to develop manual test cases.
- Involved in the creation of test plan, test cases, test procedure required for manual testing and to initiate automated testing.
- Involved in writing test completion reports, weekly reports, daily reports, and releasing specific addendums.
- Worked with Business Analyst and QA Manager in gathering technical and functional specification documents for reviews to understand the functionality.
- Manually performed Functional, GUI, Smoke, Regression, and Integration Tests every release.
- Used HP-Quality Center to write, execute, store test cases, and to log defects per their severity and priority.
- Used HP Quality Center to organize test scripts systematically and generate report.
- Performed backend testing using SQL and checked the data flow and data validation.
- Exported test cases into Bugzilla. Used Bugzilla bug tracking tool to analyze & capture bugs, track and manage dashboard any type of updates for project release.
Confidential | Bloomingdale, IL
UAT Test Analyst
- Co-Ordination between Client and managing stake holder meetings.
- Develop high-quality functional SIT and UAT test strategies
- Oversee the planning and successful completion of SIT
- Plan and lead the successful completion of UAT
- Coordination with Performance Test Lead as applicable for project scope
- Drive functional test execution and manage testing resources
- Review test documents
- Lead the creation of the UAT test plan and approvals
- Lead the creation of Test Calendar
- Plan and coordinate the layout of the functional test phases and test cycles
- Plan and estimate resource needs and efforts
- Organize and secure functional test resources including LOB and IT testers, approvers, outside vendor resources, environment support resources, etc.
- Work to secure test environments for all applications involved in end-to-end testing
- Ensure automated defect management and tracking
- Status Reporting
- Plan and conduct functional test planning, status and Exit Gateway meetings
- Coordinate application teams with other interfacing applications to perform testing and resolve issues
- Coordinate application teams in the creation, maintenance and execution of test cases and business scenarios
- Communication point for Developers, Testers, Coordinators, Project Managers, outside Vendors, Lines of Business and Lead Test Manager
- Escalate testing defects, problems, and issues to Project Manager for timely resolution
- Ensure requirements traceability to test cases and test results
- Participate in the development of post UAT defect remediation action plans