Qa Tester Resume
- I seek to obtain a position as software Quality Assurance Analyst/Tester in a company where I can use my dynamic experience in the various sectors of the economy to add to the growth of the company while focusing on High Quality Standards.
- 6 years of experience in Quality Assurance and Software Testing in Healthcare industry.
- Excellent skills in writing Test Plans and Test Cases.
- Extensive experience in testing Client/Server and Web - based Applications.
- Expertise in Automated testing tools such as Win Runner and QTP.
- Expertise in Bug reporting tools such as Test Director and Quality Center.
- Proficient in manual and automated testing of applications on Windows and Unix environment .
- Very good experience in Back-End Testing using SQL on UNIX and Windows platform to validate the consistency of data.
- Experienced in Healthcare/Claims adjudication with knowledge of ICD-9 & ICD-10.
- Experienced working with x12 version 5010 transactions changes analysis, design and migration strategy.
- Have good knowledge of HIPPA versions.
- Profound understanding of insurance policies like HMO and PPO and proven experience with HIPPA 4010 EDI transaction codes such as 270/271(inquire/response health care benefits),276/277(Claim status), 834(Benefit enrollment), 835(Payment/remittance advice), 837(Health care claim).
- Maintained Test Matrix and Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Performed Gap Analysis.
- Strong Knowledge on MS Office suite, MS Visio, MS Project, and MS Access.
- Proficient knowledge in various types of Software Testing such as Unit testing, Integrated testing, System Testing, Black box testing, Positive Testing, Negative testing, Performance Testing, Stress Testing, Load Testing, Volume Testing, Data Driven Testing, Back end Testing and Regression Testing
- Good working knowledge of major Operating Systems such as Windows 98, 2000, XP, Vista, 7 and UNIX
- Extensive knowledge of SDLC
- Working Knowledge of HIPAA
- Excellent communication and writing skills with the ability to adapt to new and dynamic environments
- Good team leader, Player and can work alone with minimal or no supervision
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work with time constraints while paying attention to details
- Good problem-solving, judgment, and decision-making skill
Testing Tools: Quick Test Professional (QTP).
Reporting Tools: ALM, Jira, Quality Center, SSRS.
Databases: Oracle, MS Access, MS SQL Server
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7
Others: MS Office Suite- Word, Excel, MS Visio, MS Project
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Worked with Business Analyst and QA Lead in reviewing and analyzing the business requirements Documents and functional requirements.
- Importedpreexisting Microsoft Word and Excel-basedrequirements and testsfor analysis in MQC.
- Prepared Test Cases based on business requirements and business rules for HIPPA EDI Transaction 834, 276/277, 270/271, 837/835.
- Maintaining knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid rules and regulations pertaining to the Facets configuration and evaluating the impact of proposed changes in rules and regulations.
- By using QTP Created, mainted, Executed Test Script and Conducted GUI Testing.
- Have tested several reports generated by Business Intelligence tools Cognos, Business Objects, and SSRS Reports.
- Worked in the testing analysis of the ICD 9 - ICD-10 codes.
- Tested the diagnosis codes, procedure codes to the related tables in test environment to verify the changes related to ICD9 - ICD-10 changes.
- Performed Configuration Testing to check application’s compatibility on different Operating Systems.
- Undertook Performance Testing using QTP to emulate typical customer transaction to obtain a realistic preview of system performance.
- Set claim processing data for different Facets Module.
- Performed Positive and Negative Testing Manually
- Actively participated in walkthroughs and enhancement meetings
- Maintained Test Matrix and Requirement Traceability Matrix
- Performed Gap Analysis
- Performed Security Testing on the application
- Experiences working in ANSI x12 EDI Transaction.
- Validate the date from EDI transaction.
- Tested the HIPPA EDI 834, 270/271, 276/277, 837/835 transactions according to test scenarios and verify the data on different modules.
- Authored test case scenarios in Excel spread sheet and export them into Mercury Quality Center.
- Documented the test results and reported the status of assigned test tasks and issues to project QA Lead.
- Conducted Back-End Testing Using SQL Commands.
- Extensively used SQL statements to query the Oracle Database for Data Validation and Data Integrity.
- Executed test cases found errors reported defects, determined repair priorities, did regression testing and closed by using Mercury Quality Center.
- Responsible for Performing Integration Testing, UAT testing.
- Customized Quality Center to suit the requirements of testing effort
- Monitored the Defect Tracking Process and generated customized graphs and reports for the client using QC.
Environment: Oracle, HIPPA, EDI 5010, XML, QTP, Mercury Quality Center.
Confidential, Buffalo, NY
- Analyzed system requirements and developed detailed Test Plan.
- Performed Manual Testing for the EDI transactions.
- Conducted GAP analysis and filling gap according to the format set by HIPAA.
- Involved in FACETS Implementation, involved end-to-end testing of FACETS Billing, Claim Processing and Subscriber/Member module.
- Tested the HIPPA EDI 834, 270/271, 837/835 transactions according to test scenarios and verify the data on different modules.
- Heavily involved in testing reports in SSRS, validated both the custom and ad hoc reports
- Experiences working in ANSI x12 EDI Transaction.
- Work on coordination of benefits (COB) in a claim processing.
- Developed Test Script for Functionality, Security, and Regression testing.
- Ran the scripts on multiple environments (QA, UAT and Production) to ensure that requirements were still met.
- Performed Back-End Testing to check database integrity by writing SQL queries.
- Set claim processing data for different Facets Modules.
- Tested HIPAA regulations in Facets HIPAA privacy module.
- Wrote test cases in Quality Center derived from the Design documents and generated a Traceability Matrix for testing purposes.
- Created Traceability Matrix to ensure implementation of all functionalities, identify all test conditions and test data needs.
- Used Quality Center to record documenting information useful in debugging process, evaluating test data.
- Prepared and maintained the Test Matrix, Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Validate the response time to access a particular dashboard, page and report in SSRS
- Participated in release meetings and also participate in Retrospective session.
- Extensively worked on any requirement upgrade and/or change request while doing UAT.
- Worked closely with development team to ensure the application performance and stability and also ensure the application completes the whole end-to-end process.
- Participated in weekly status meeting with Development and Management Teams.
Environment: Agile/Waterfall, MS Office Tools, Windows XP, Quality Center, Facets, MS SQL, UNIX.
Confidential, Raleigh NC
- Conduct gap analysis between the current system and new requirements to be implemented thereby mapping the business requirements to the application
- Prepared high level and detailed system requirements documents for the application
- Analyzed HIPAA 5010 standards for 837P transactions, related to providers, payers, subscribers and other related entities
- Identified the requirements for accommodating HIPAA 5010 standards for 837P transactions and captured these requirements to develop new GUI for the internet based application
- Set claim processing data for different Facets Module.
- Involved HIPAA regulations in Facets HIPAA privacy module
- Involved in daily Scrums to determine the status of the project and impediments, if any.
- Involved in sprint planning meeting to identify the tasks for the sprint and getting team members acceptance/commitment for the assigned tasks..
- Involved in Sprint review meeting with the team and stakeholders to review the achievements from the sprint and get approvals.
- Identified the requirements that go in each sprint, collect them in the sprint backlog and collecting and managing the requirements that are not part of the current sprint into the product backlog.
- Designed the Internet based application and managed the business and design specifications in the business specific wikis.
- Write high level and low level business requirements and design mock-up screens for the application
- Analyzed the existing data model and provided suggestions and recommendations.
- Validated the requirements and mock-up screen designs of new GUI for internet based application with the product owner and other stakeholders.
- Conducted meeting with the team members to discuss the requirements and mock-up screens
- Involved in designing the mock-up screens of the new GUI for claims entry.
- Conducted meeting with the product owner to validate the requirements and mock-up screens for new GUI
- Translated the requirements prepared for SDLC methodology to User Stories and implementing Agile methodology as a standard for the ongoing project
- Wrote user stories and acceptance criteria for the requirements of the project
- Involved in daily scrum meeting to discuss any roadblocks or impediments in the project path
- Involved in sprint planning session to identify the features and functionalities that should be achieved by the new application
- Preparing Requirements Traceability Matrix and Test cases to insure the desired functionalities are present
- Identified various points of integration among the new and existing applications and required integration with other IT components
- Worked closely with the business team, development team and the quality assurance team to ensure that desired functionalities will be achieved by the application
- Provided business and technical suggestions and recommendations during the project life cycle
Environment: HIPPA, EDI, QUALITY CENTER, SQL, UAT, WINDOWS XP, Oracle, UNIX, Apache.
- Developed Test Scenarios and Test Cases based on Test plan.
- Extensive knowledge and tested on different types of claims: Institutional, Professional, and Dental.
- Tested HIPAA EDI Transactions such as 837(I/P/D), 835, 834, 270, 271, 276, and 277 in various claims validation processes.
- Involved in applications analysis and testing which included claims processing as per EDI/ANSI-X12 transactions Standards.
- Performed Integration/System/Regression testing of enrollment and benefits with Diamond.
- Exposure and Knowledge to 834 benefits claims files testing in enrollment and plan merger project.
- Involved in validation of HIPAA for EDI 837(I/P/D).
- Responsible for testing EOB in accordance to business rules for claims processing.
- Involved in testing Claims, Providers, & Contracts and worked with Claims attributes, Provider attributes, enabling EOB.
- Experience in creating Test approach, work plan and designing the test Scenarios, test cases for Performance test requirements.
- Utilized Quality Center to write and execute test cases.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT), documented in details the defects using Quality Center.
- Involved in testing the Member Enrollment, Eligibility Enquiry, Eligibility Response, Claim status Enquiry, Claim Status Responses and conversion of Financial Claims.
- Tested the Adjudication of Claims and Migration process.
- Wrote SQL queries and extracted data.
- Skilled in executing SQL queries to validate and update database and retrieve data for testing.
- Database integrity testing by executing SQL statements.
- Created and maintained SQL Scripts to perform back-end testing on the database.
- Used quality center for logging defects and defect Tracking.
- Involved in Integration Testing, Functional Testing, and UAT.
- Tested the functionality of the Extensions that meets the BRD requirements.
- Involved in validating XML Files.
Environment: SQL Server 2000, Oracle, Quality Center, UML, MS Office, Toad, Clear Quest, UNIX.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes