Senior Qa Automation Engineer Resume
- Senior Automation Engineer with 9+ years experience in reviewing business requirements, documenting test cases, test plans, API testing and testing both Web based and client server applications in developing and maintaining Automation frameworks - Keyword Driven, Data Driven Frameworks, Hybrid, Page Object Model and implementing automation scripts for Cucumber BDD framework in various domains like Healthcare, Finance, Insurance, Retail and Banking
- Expertise in implementing Waterfall / Agile and SCRUM Methodology by analyzing requirement specifications and responsible for developing Test Objective, strategies, Scope, Test procedures and Test Matrices.
- Extensively involved in UI Automation by using Selenium Web Driver, Java, SOAPUI Testing, Database SQL Testing, Web application Testing.
- Well versed with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Logging and Tracking Defects in all the phases with major responsibilities.
- Experience in different Testing methodologies like Black Box, White Box, Smoke Testing, Sanity Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Unit, Integration Testing, GUI Testing, System Testing, User Acceptance Testing(UAT) Installation, Compatibility and Load Testing.
- Experience in using finder mechanisms like CSS, XPath expression, HTML id, Link text, Partial Link text and name to find the Web Elements.
- Skilled in using Selenium APIs such as Take Screenshot for Capturing Failed test cases and reporting them in Bug tracking tools
- Experienced dealing with Ajax requests in Selenium Web Driver using Synchronization.
- Experienced using Accessing Forms, tables, link, Keyboard Mouse Events, Uploading File using Selenium Web Driver
- Used Hybrid/Data Driven Framework and extracted data from external Excel files using Apache POI and loaded into the variables in the scripted code.
- Used Selenium Screenshots for bug reporting, analysis and exception debugging.
- Experience with Cross-Browser and Compatibility Testing to test whether the web applications are working as desired in different browsers and environments.
- Worked on Selenium Grid for running the Automation Test script on Different Platforms and Browsers.
- Used Selenium Web Driver and Test NG to run paralleltesting by creating Groups and categorizing test cases
- Experience in developing selenium automation framework using J Unit/Test NG and developing ANT/Maven targets to execute automation suites
- Experience Testing with Restful/SOAP Web Services using Open source API testing tool called SOAPUI.
- Used Soap UI which offers SOA Web Services functional testing, REST API functional testing, WSDL coverage, message assertion testing .
- Implemented automation scripts for Cucumber BDD framework to test key Business Processes scenarios
- Developed Test Scripts to implement TDD (Test Driven Development), BDD (Behavior Driven Development) using Cucumber.
- Performed Continuous integration automation using Jenkins and scheduled the tests to run at specific time.
- Experience in configuring Jenkins to email the content of the status of the build.
- Identified automation requirements & design automation framework, scripts in Selenium (Web Driver) integration with Jenkins/CI, code reviews, and scripts execution through Selenium Grid (hub/nodes) on remote clients.
- Generated test logs using Log4j for various log levels.
- Experience in preparing test data for positive and negative Testing and identified critical bugs in the product early in the test execution cycle.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center, JIRA, Bugzilla etc.
- Expertise in working knowledge of Core Java and Object Oriented Concepts( Inheritance, Polymorphism, Exception Handling and Collections)
- Experienced in Back-End Testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing SQL queries.
- Wrote complex SQL query by joining multiple tables according business logic for data validation.
- Maintained the Selenium and JAVA automation code and resources in source controls like SVN, GIT over the time for improvements and new features.
- Proficiency in Testing complex software applications including manual Testing.
- Good exposure in following all the process in a production environment like change management, incident management and managing escalations
- Dynamic and assertive team player with a strong inclination to improve and optimize process development and implementation.
- Excellent analytical skills with good communication and self-organizing skills, assertive and a committed team player.
Test Approaches: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, SDLC, STLC, Bug Life Cycle
Testing Tools: Selenium Web Driver, Test NG, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, Appium, JUnit, Cucumber, Soap UI, QC, QTP
Artifacts: Test Plan, Test Case, RTM, Test Summary Report, Bug report
Test Build& Integration Tools: Maven, ANT, Jenkins
Frameworks: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model (POM)
Markup Languages: HTML, XML, XPath, CssSelector
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, SQL
Operating Systems: Windows 7/8, Ubuntu, UNIX, LINUX
Defect Tools: HP Quality Center, JIRA, Bugzilla, Rally
MS Office Tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access
Confidential, Hartford, Connecticut
Senior QA Automation Engineer
- Participated actively in the Sprint Planning sessions to analyze the user stories in the Product Backlog and also in daily stand-up meetings, sprint review and sprint retrospective meetings to analyze the sprint health
- Wrote and executed test scenarios, test cases and test scripts for both web and mobile applications using JAVA, Selenium Web Driver and Test NG with a good analysis of the element locators and web driver methods.
- Worked extensively in the development of Hybrid Framework design on Test NG platform and used Apache POI to read data from external sources.
- Worked with utilities like Firebug and Fire path for the identification of web elements using locators such as id, name, Xpath, CSS Selectors, Link Text, Partial Link Text and Tags.
- Designed, coded and executed automated tests using Java/Test NG/XML/SQL based test frameworks.
- Hands on experience in handling synchronizations using waits (Implicit, Explicit) which are Unconditional and Conditional.
- Designed and executed the Automation Test Scripts using Selenium Web Driver and Test NG.
- Used various Test NG annotations like @Test, @Before suite, @After suite, @Before Test, @After Test, @Before Class, @After Class, @Before Method, @After Method, @Data provider.
- Used Apache POI to read data from the external sources and provide them as parameter to the locators in the test script.
- Wrote Selenium scripts for Taking Screen shots and also used Actions class to perform Mouse and Keyboard events.
- Expertise in taking Screenshots and handling Broken Links using Selenium.
- Dealt with Ajax requests in Selenium Web driver using Synchronization.
- Performed cross-browser Testing on various browsers like IE, Chrome and Firefox and ensured compatibility on different browsers using Java, Test NG and Jenkins.
- Performed Feasibility Analysis on the test cases to analyze the feasibility of the test cases for automation and for the creation of the regression test suite.
- Performed Smoke, Functional, Regression, Positive and Negative Testing for each build of the applications and Integration Testing with other programs, hardware, operating systems and network environments.
- Analyzed software failures and reported bugs on JIRA which TEMPhas been used as the defect tracking and project management tool.
- Performed Testing using SOAPUI on different data sources and validated the RESTful web services.
- Used SOAP Request Test Step allows for extensive functional testing and validation of services through a variety of assertion and scripting possibilities
- Performed Load testing of SOAP/WSDL Services is supported as a natural extension to Soap UI functional tests
- Worked on Web services Testing using assertions such as XPath, XQuery and Contains assertions.
- Involved in developing BDD features, scenarios and step definitions using Cucumber and Gherkin and automated them using Selenium Web Driver.
- Used Tags, Data tables, Hooks, Annotations and manage code efficiently by reducing redundancy in cucumber.
- Integrating Cucumber with Jenkins and thus generate reports according to the requirement.
- Used MAVEN for build management, SVN as source repository and Jenkins for Continuous Integration of the builds.
- Built a complete automation test suite for every release and performed root cause analysis of the test scripts dat failed.
- Prepared project metrics and summary reports, defect tracking reports to report the entire status to the product owners and the stakeholders serving as a point of contact.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, JIRA, Jenkins, MAVEN, SVN, Apache-POI, Cucumber, Gherkin, IBM WebSphere, Apache, HTTPD Server, Oracle DB, Eclipse, Firebug, Fire path, SOAPUI, XML, HTML.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Sr. QA Assurance Engineer
- Analyzed business requirements and functional documents, created to define thetest environment, phases of Testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of Testing and resources required to conduct the effort.
- Extensively worked in Regression Testing, Parallel Processing usingSeleniumWeb Driver in Test NG.
- Performed the build and maven dependencies using Maven build tool.
- Developed test scripts to identify the web Elements through locators using Firebug and Fire Path Firefox plugins.
- Performed Parallel and Cross Browser Testingusing Test NG on different browsers like Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari and Firefox where multiple tests were run at the same time.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects inSelenium.
- Created test approach and test cases for logging module.
- Reviewed and analyzed the existing test scripts.
- Developed HTML Test NG reports for analyzing the output of test using Extent Reports API.
- Maintained user documentation with Selenium output screenshots for User acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Developed synchronization using implicit and explicit wait conditions.
- Incorporated the test data in Test scripts from Excel using Apache POI API.
- Createdautomationscripts usingSeleniumHybrid and Data-driven development framework.
- DevelopedBack-end Testingusing complex queries to retrieve the user information to cross validate in UI and databases.
- Maintained the Java and selenium test source code and resources in the SVN source control repository tool.
- Analyzed test results, tracked the defects and generated reports using JIRA.
- Prepared the data to cover various scenarios and wrote SQL scripts to verify the database updates, inserts and deletion of the records.
- Maintained continuous test integration and automatic build by using Jenkins and mailed the build outputs to the team members.
- Performed agile Testing, reviewed the stories and participated in Daily Scrum, Iteration Planning and Release Planning meeting.
- Experience Testing with Restful/SOAP Web Services using SOAPUI
- Tested applications in different types of browsers (cross-browser Testing) and versions, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome to simulate production environment.
- Participated QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discusses enhancement and modification request issues and defects in the application.
Environment: Java,SeleniumWeb Driver, Test NG, Firebug, Fire path, XML, XPATH, DOM, Quality Center, Cucumber, Jira, SVN, Agile, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, SQL, Jenkins, SoapUI, Gherkin, Eclipse, Maven, Oracle.
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
- Drafted Test Plan which included Testing objectives, Testing phases, scenarios and test environment after a thorough analysis of the business rules.
- Developed Test Plan with a Test Strategy for the System Testing. Instrumental in creating design and frame work for automation.
- Developed Automation framework using Selenium Web Driver.
- Tested applications developed in Java with Test NG framework.
- Used Selenium Web Driver for writing test scripts for regression test coverage.
- Developed and executed White box test cases of the Java API using Test NGframework&Eclipse.
- Automated Smoke &Functional test cases using Selenium Web Driver, Test NG & Java (Eclipse IDE).
- Worked on creating test case for Object -driven framework for Selenium Web Driver.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium Web Driver API) on Continuous Integration tool Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Used XPath to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Coordinated with technical support associates to fix proprietary software issues.
- Conducted backend Testing using SQL queries to validate data for database.
- Attend the BRI (Business Requirement Identification) meeting to understand the business Requirements.
- Worked on Project Management too Jira.
- Verified, edited and update test data in new or existing systems before Testing.
- Reviewed the Business Requirements Document, Functional Specifications Document and Technical Documentation.
- Involved in writing and making enhancements to the test plan, test cases and test scripts for Functional Testing.
- Developed Functions and Sub Procedures, saved them in library files and used them whenever required.
- Participated in Planning and daily standup meetings as part of the agile team; attended grooming sessions and Retrospectives.
- Performed Smoke Testing, Sanity Testing, System Health Check before beginning to test officially, Functional Testing, Cross-Browser Testing, Regression Testing, Manual and Automated Testing, Integration Testing, Back-end validation Testing and End to end Testing.
- Tested various HTTP Request and Response APIs using object-oriented scripts.
- Created the test plan and test cases in Java/Selenium based on the input and the different requirements provided by the product owner for the Payments and Credits team.
- Conducted Testing using Selenium Remote Control on different browsers.
- Created the test automation framework using Selenium RC.
- Raised defects and performed tracking using JIRA. Created automated functional scripts for the report generation module using Selenium RC.
- Used Selenium Grid to execute test cases in parallel on different target machines.
- Performed exception handling using recovery scenarios. Coordinated Testing tasks and activities with Project teams and IT Staff.
- Executed test scripts and validated the actual results against the expected results.
- Used TOAD for SQL queries and data validation. Attended Bug Meetings and also meetings with the QA Leads, Managers and Developers for query resolution.
Jr. TEST ENGINEER
- Involved in preparingTest ScenariosandTest Casesbased on business requirement documents usingTest Director
- Prepare Test Plan, Test Summary Reports, and Test Cases for manual Testing based on the Requirement Document for the Functional, Integration, and UAT.
- PreparedRequirement Traceability Matrix (RTM)to trace test cases to functional requirements
- PerformedGUI, Adhoc,Regressionanddata driven Testing
- UsedTest Directorfor bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status using Quality Center.
- Interacting with the development and Testing teams to improve overall quality of the software
- Analyzed the performance based on the reports generated
- Responsible for providing regular status report to the management
Environment: Manual Testing, IBM Rational Clear Quest, Quality Center, Waterfall, UNIX, Windows 2000, SQL server 2005, Oracle8i
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes