Sr Etl /qa Test Engineer Resume
- Software Test Engineer with over 8+ years of experience in Software Testing, IT support, Test Automation development and testing ETL, Data warehouse, Client/Server and web applications.
- Expertise lies in Functional testing, Manual Testing and Automated Testing, Regression testing, User Acceptance testing (UAT), System testing, Integration testing and Black Box Testing.
- Extensively used HP Quality Center and Mercury Test Director for Test Estimation, Test Planning, Test Designing, Test Analysis, Test Execution, Defect Tracking and Test Result.
- Experience in ETL methodology for supporting Data Extraction, Transformations and Loading Process in a corporate - wide-ETL solution using IBM Datastage8.0,7.X/6.X (Manager, Designer, Director, Administrator), Parallel Extender, Data Mining, OLTP, OLAP
- Experience in Testing BI applications using OBIEE, SSRS.
- Diversified experience in Manual and Automated testing; extensively used automated Testing Tools such as Mercury Interactive Test suite in both Windows and UNIX environment (Win Runner, QTP and Test Director).
- Worked with continuous components and XML components in Ab Initio.
- Experience in Performance Testing of various types of applications.
- Proficient in Defect management, including Defect creation, modification, tracking, and reporting using Industry standard Tools like Quality Center(QC )11,/ALM, Test Director, JIRA, Clear Quest
- Strong knowledge with PL/SQL Wrapper to protect the PL/SQL procedures or packages
- Manual Testing in Client/Server and Web based banking applications.
- Manage assigned risks and monitor potential impacts as part of the data migration plan.
- Participated in Performance Testing like Load, Stress and Endurance test.
- Analyzed trading partner specifications and created EDI mapping guidelines
- Experience in writing complex SQL, Oracle PL/SQL queries including calling stored procedures by passing parameters, functions using SQL Developer and Toad as development tools.
- Experience in using the diagnostic tool for monitoring OS, Web server, Application server and Database servers.
- Extensive Knowledge in requirement gathering, analysis, design, development,implementation, testing, integration deployment, documentation and maintenance of IBM Mainframe applications.
- Familiar with SQL Server, Oracle PL/SQL Packages, Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers.
- Experienced working with Big Data and Hadoop File System (HDFS).
- Experienced in dealing with clients to gather requirements, understanding the Business Requirements, product demonstrations and providing product support.
- Test Plan is a one level down understanding of Test Strategy. It is an understanding of the entire Workflow that would be implemented
- Experience in SQL and PL/SQL tuning and query optimization tools like SQL Trace, Explain Plan, and DBMS PROFILER.
- Strong knowledge of Hadoop and Hive and Hive’s analytical functions.
- Experience in full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) (designing, debugging, testing, Documentation, maintenance and enhancement).
- Implemented Proof of concepts on Hadoop stack and different bigdata analytic tools, migration from different databases( i.e. Teradata, Oracle, MySQL) to Hadoop.
- Experienced in performing Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Ad-hoc Testing User Acceptance, Reliability, Compatibility, Performance Testing, Load Testing.
- Created three training courses: Hadoop for Developers, Hadoop for Administrators, and HBase for Developers. The courses included general overviews and hands-on exercises, also created VM's for that
- Having excellent problem solving and analytical skills and experience of test plans, strategy and Procedures throughout the life cycle of a project from specification reviews through to user Acceptance.
- Vivid experience in using Korn Shell Scripting to maximize Ab-Initio parallelism capabilities and developed numerous Ab-Initio Graphs using Data Parallelism and Multi File System (MFS) techniques.
- Perform migration and testing of static data and transaction data from one core system to another.
- Writing and executing SQL queries to ensure data integrity to meet user requirements exposure in Database testing.
- Created automation scripts with Win Runner for all the components of application.
- Experience working in the domain of financial and banking applications. Extensive hands on experience on IBM Mainframe Application programming.
- Experience in data analysis and problem solving with large amounts of data
- Extensively used ETL methodology for supporting data extraction, transformations and loading Processing, in a corporate-wide-ETL Solution using Informatica.
- Work across multiple functional projects to understand data usage and implications for data Migration.
- Proficient in automating the QA process using various automation tools QTP, Load Runner, & Quality Center.
- Customized Win Runner scripts to run in loops, perform data driven test, database verification with DB Connect, synchronization, check points, error handling, text and image comparator and object recognition and verification with custom objects.
- Exported Manual Test Cases from MS Excel template directly to HP Quality Center and executed all the Test Cases in Quality Center with Pass/Fail/Blocked status.
- Experience in Load runner using various technologies like WEB, SOA.
- Prepare data migration plans including migration risk, milestones, quality and business sign-off details.
- Expertise in developing Complex Automated Script framework and utility functions for performance testing usingLoad RunnerandWeb Load.
- Proficient in advance features of Oracle 11g for PL/SQL programming like Using Records and Collections, Bulk Bind, Ref. Cursors, Nested tables and Dynamic
- Hands on experience with analysis of business, technical, and functional requirements and Developed, Executed & Tested the test plans, test cases and test strategies.
- Experience with software test management tool HP Quality Center/ALM.
- Familiar with the use and working of Rational RequisitePro for requirements management.
- Expertise in Data Warehouse, ETL Verification, BI reports.
- Experienced in web and client/server applications QA testing.
- Expertise in QA Testing in distributed Unix Environment and Oracle databases as back end, Performed end-to-end testing & back-end testing.
- A self-motivated, responsible and reliable team player with a set of strong technical skills.
ETL Tools: Informatica PowerCenter 9.5/8.x/7.x,Ab Initio GDE 1.15/1.14 / 1.13 / 1.12 , DataStage9.1/8.0/ 7.x/6.x, Operating System 2.15/2.14 / 2.12 / 2.11 , EME,SAS
Data Bases: Oracle11i/ 10g / 9i / 8i / 7.x, Mainframe via web3270, DB2 UDB, MS SQL Server 2008/2005/2000 / 7.0 , MS-Access, Teradata v2r6
Development Languages: SQL*Plus, Confidential -SQL, PL/SQL 2.2 / 8.x, Unix Shell Scripting, TOAD 7 / 7.6, SQL Loader, VBA
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows vista / XP / 2000 / NT / 98 / 95. IBM Main frame.
BI Tools: Congo’s 10.1/8.4, business objects xir3, ssrs, ssas, olap
Data Modeling Tools: Erwin 9.5/7.3/ 4.1 / 4.0
Methodologies: Ralph Kimball’s Data modeling, Star and Snowflake Schema Modeling
Testing Tools: Mercury Quality Center 9.0 / 8.0, Test Director 7.6 / 7.0, Quick Test Professional 6.5 / 5.6, Win Runner 7.5 / 7.0, Load Runner, HP,ALM
CAD and CAM Tools: Auto CAD2000/14/12, Microstation95, Gerb Tool7.3
Workflow Tools: PUTTY, WinSCP3, MS-Project, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Word.
Management Tools: Peregrine Service Center 5.1, HP Project and Portfolio Management Center (ITG) 7.1
Confidential, Buffalo, NY
Sr ETL /QA Test Engineer
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.1, Quality Center, Ab Initio GDE 1.15.7, Windows NT, Micro Strategy, Oracle11i/10g, SQL Server, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, Toad, SAS 9.3, VSAM Files, XML, XSD,HP,Quality center,Load Runner.
- Involved in Relational modeling and Dimensional Modeling Techniques to design ER data models and Star Schema designs
- Worked with Data Completeness, Data Transformation, Data Quality, Integration testing, Performance, Scalability and Regression Testing.
- Documented the validation rules, error handling and test strategy of the mapping.
- Tuned the complex SQL queries for better performance by eliminating various performance bottlenecks.
- Compared the actual result with the expected results. Validated the data by reverse engineering methodology i.e. backward navigation from target to source.
- Created temporary tables for validations after understanding the transformation logic.
- Tested several UNIX shell scripting for File validation and also PL/SQL programming
- Tested complex mappings using Mapplets and reusable transformations.
- Established and documented ETL QA standards, procedures and QA methodologies.
- Verify development of rule-set test scenarios, test cases, expected results and analysis of XML test scripts
- Tested Java Cassandra/Hadoop/PostgreSQL system with Groovy/Grails front end to evaluate auxetic materials for research project.
- Developed Informatica Mappings using various Transformations and PL/SQL Packages to extract, transformation and loading of data.
- Extensively Used HP Quality Center (QC)/ALM as test management tool and Created and maintained the defects in HP Quality Center/ALM.
- Written complex queries inSAStool check the data from Source and Target
- Extensively used Informatics power center for extraction, transformation and loading process.
- Extensively tested several ETL Mappings developed using Informatica.
- Involved in code changes for SAS programs and UNIX shell scripts
- Tested SAS Programs, to create customized ad-hoc reports, processed data for publishing business reports
- Used HP Quality Center 9.0 for Test Estimation, Test Planning, Test Designing, Test Analysis, Test Execution, Defect Tracking and Test Result.
- Involved in testing data reports. Written several SQL queries for validating the front-end data with backend.
- Conducted back to back meetings with developers and discussed about all open issues.
- Conducted test case reviews to ensure scenarios accurately capture business functionality.
- Worked with ETL Source System and Target System (ETL Mapping Document) for writing test cases and test scripts.
- Written several SQL statements to confirm successful data transfers between source and target.
- Worked with data profiling, data scrubbing and data cleansing.
- Tested Standard Reports, Cross-tab Reports, Charts, Master-Child Drill through Reports and Multilingual Reports
Confidential, Stamford, CT
ETL Data stage Tester
Environment: IBM Web sphere Data Stage 9.1 /8.5/ 8.0.1/8.0/7.5/7.1 , HP Quality center9.2, QTP 9.2 Oracle 9i/10g, PL\SQL, OBIEE 10.1.3, SQL server SSIS (2005), SQL server SSRS (2005), SSAS, Teradata V2R6, Windows 2000, SQL, SQL Plus, UNIX, Rational Clear Case,, DB2 8.x, IBM AIX 5.5, Flat Files, XML Files, Shell Scripting, PERL, TOAD,, HP,ALM, AbInitio GDE1.14,TFS,PL/SQL,Load runner.
- Verified the Online Services application to ensure that the requirements, artifact from each phase, and the final product--are complete and correct.
- Identified the requirements and arranged peer reviews, walkthroughs and sign off meetings.
- Defining and performing the Test strategies and associated scripts for the verification and validation of the application and ensuring that it meets all defined business requirements and associated functionality.
- Monitor security batch processing jobs in multi-platform shop via Control-M & Tidal Schedulers.
- Interacting with the Offshore Team members about the project status thru Conference calls and need to prepare a Teams of Memorandum for the same.
- Create Data Stage Parallel Jobs to extract, transformation and loading of the data using Data Stage Design toll in the parallel processing mode.
- Used Data Stage to move data to the warehouse using the stored Procedure thereby enabling faster Moment of data.
- Used the Data Stage Director and its run-time engine to schedule running the solution, testing and debugging its components, and monitoring the resulting executable versions.
- Performed the Unit and functional testing which validate the data is mapped correctly which Provides a qualitative check of overall data flow up and deposited correctly in Target Tables
- Tested the application for web functionality, and verified the online modules for broken links.
- Performed SQL validation to verify the data extracts and record counts in the database tables.
- Designed policies, standards and procedures for testing life cycle for the data warehouse and data marts.
- Performed usability testing frequently to ensure continuous availability of online services to Personal clients.
- Expertise in Cube designing in Business Intelligence Development Studio ( SSAS ) to edit various properties of a cube, including the measure groups and measures, cube dimensions and dimension Relationships, calculations.
- Created complicated reports using SSRS, SSAS to display key performance indicators and upload to Teradata tables using Teradata utilities FASTLOAD. Extensively written Teradata SQL Queries, creating Tables and Views by following Teradata Best Practices.
- Attended the Requirements reviews, Design reviews, Code reviews to understand the overall Process flow and Source to Target Mappings.
- TOAD is used to test various ETL process flow graphs to meet the Business rules and Technical Requirements.
- Writing SQL Queries to retrieve data from data base.
- Responsible for testing packages using SSIS (ETL) to verify data completeness, data Transformation, data quality, integration testing, UAT & regression testing.
- Divided the graphs into various phases and used checkpoints to avoid Dead locks.
- Extensively worked on debugging ETL process graphs.
- Developed and tested transformation functions and record formats for various input data files.
- Tested all formats of SSRS reports including Excel, PDF, CSV, XML, TIFF and many other
- Tested the SSRS report functionalities like Queries, Slice and Dice, Drill Down, Cross Tab, Master Detail and Ad hoc, Dashboards etc.
- Performed Data validation to verify the data extracts and record counts in the database tables.
- Conducted weekly batch testing to in corporate changes in new builds.
- Provided the management with weekly QA documents like test metrics, reports, and schedules.
Confidential, Middle Town, New Jersey
BI Quality Engineer
Environment: Informatica 8.1, Test Director 8.0, Win Runner 5.0, Load Runner, Business Objects 6.x, Rational Clear quest, SQL Server 2000,2005, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Teradata V5R12, UNIX and XML, Quality Center 9.0, QTP, AbInitio GDE1.13,TFS
- Involved to create Business Risk Levels to determine Test Priorities.
- Analyzed Test Plans and Test Cases based on Requirements and General Design Documents, Involved in both Manual and Automation Testing.
- Performed Regression testing using Test Director.
- Extensively used SQL Queries to verify and validate the Database Updates.
- Used Test Director a workflow automation tool for defect tracking and product automation.
- Created User Defined Functions and procedures in Test Director Library to re-use them in Different tests.
- Performed data analysis and data profiling using SQL and Informatica on various sources systems Including Oracle and Teradata.
- Responsible for full testing life cycle, system testing and validating the Informatica mappings against the pre-defined ETL design standards.
- Designed and supported SQL 2000 Reporting services, Integration services and Analysis services
- Created variety of reports from SSAS cubes
- Defining and performing the Test strategies and associated scripts for the verification and Validation of the application and ensuring that it meets all defined business requirements and Associated functionality.
- Designed the Load Runner scenarios with various user-mix incrementing in constant ratios, till the peak load is achieved.
- Working as Technical for QA on three different projects. One of the most important project was evaluating Automation Test Tool for QA. Evaluated Win Runner
- Tested SSRS reports based on SSAS Cubes and OLTP with drill through and drill down.
- Tested OLAP cubes and SSRS reports for various business needs.
- Worked with SSIS system variable, passing variables between packages.
- Tested the created SSIS packages to transfer data from various sources like Oracle, Excel,
- Created high level test cases and test procedures for Unit Testing on reinsurance and documented them.
- Created User scripts using Load Runner by recording, incorporating Transactions, and think time.
- Used Test Director to create test plans, gathering requirements, analyzing the results and reporting.
- Responsible for Reviews and documentation for reporting the status to the project manager.
- Played a significant role of QA testing Confidential various stages of the project including Data Quality Testing, Data load Testing, Data Integrity testing, Business Objects Reports Testing etc.
- Tested Complex metrics, Nested Filters, Nested Prompts, Custom Drill Maps, Templates for Graphs and Templates for Drilled reports.
Confidential, Buffalo, NY
ETL Quality Engineer
Environment: Test Director 8.0, SQL server 2005( SSIS, SSRS ), SSAS, Informatica 8.x, SQLServer, DTS Packages, Remedy, Windows NT, UNIX, MS Excel, VSS(Visual SourceSafe), Load Runner, Quality Center 8.2, QTP 8.2, AbInitio GDE1.12,TFS,Load Runner.
- Projects were in different methodologies like Waterfall and AGILE, well versed with both Methodologies of SDLC.
- Identified the requirements and arranged peer reviews, walkthroughs and sign off meetings.
- Involved in Gathering and Analyzing Business Requirements, High Level Designing and Detail Technical Design of ETL application.
- Involved in unit testing and integration testing of the developed work Analyzed production support Issues.
- Designed detailed test plans, test case and executed test scripts and diagnose problems in Informatica mappings based on Business Requirements.
- Gathered UI specifications and analyzed business process and established test strategies.
- Tested the values for test, Component parameters in Quality Center.
- Performed Backend Testing, Database validations, patient claims validations by writing complex SQL minus queries
- Installing, Configuring and maintaining of Load runner and QTP Tools.
- Wrote scripts to perform basic Sanity Testing and uploaded Test Scripts in Test Director.
- Responsible for developing PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages, triggers and other Database objects.
- Assigned users in TD administration, Created Test folders in Test Directors users in Project Customization.
- Logged issues in Test Director and tracked them to see whether the bug is fixed in the next Version.
- Communicated with Developers regarding technical issues.
- Used Remedy in trouble ticketing and moving projects from testing to pre-production Environments. VSS to upload track and manage scripts and documents.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes