- Over Seven years experience in the field of Information Technology with emphasis on Testing and Quality Assurance.
- Involved in QA process development, manual testing and Automation strategy.
- Expertise in the IT industry of Analysis, Quality Assurance, Software Testing Client/Server, Mainframe and Web Applications.
- Experience in using Mercury Interactive tools - Win Runner, Quick Test Pro (QTP), Test Director and Quality Center.
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle and Software Testing Life Cycle Stages.
- Exposure to Standardized Quality Assurance processes like Waterfall Model, V Model and Agile.
- Experience in Test planning, Test case development.
- Experience in creating Manual and Automated scripts for performing Functional, Regression, Integration and System testing.
- Analyzed and identified the areas of the product which can be automated.
- Ability to create use case scenarios, identifying conditions and data elements to test, and adding data values for testing.
- Extensively involved in Back-end testing using SQL statements.
- Good team player and have ability to work independently in a time sensitive environment.
- Ability to interact with developers and product analysts regarding testing status and maintain detail QA documentation.
- Proven ability to support multiple projects, under tight deadlines, often with competing priorities and complexities.
- Excellent technical, communication, time management, analytical & problem solving skills.
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 2000/XP, Vista and Windows 7,Macintosh and UNIX
Testing Tools: Win Runner, QTP (10.0), Test Director (8.0), Quality Center (11.00,10.0,9.2),LoadRunner, Toad(9.0.1), Rubymine 4.0.3, Cucumber
Languages: VB.NET, Shell Scripting, Java, SQL and VB Script,HTML,XML
Databases: MS SQL Server, Oracle, Mainframe
Packages: MS Office(MS Access, MSExcel, Powerpoint,Word)
- Involved in End to End testing of the application in alpha/beta environments
- Defects were tracked, reviewed and analyzed using Quality Center
- Involved extensively in testing Web and Keynote services of the application.
- Extensively worked on SQL queries using TOAD for database validations
- Used Ruby mine editor to execute the Cucumber feature files
- Followed the Agile practices especially Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD)
- Wrote scenarios in Gherkin format and saved in Ruby mine and quality center.
- Worked closely with the developers, when errors were found with in the iteration.
- Used RTC (Rational Team Concert) tool to maintain the SDLC in Agile Process.
- Used Ultra edit and WinSCP3 to view Unix directory files and ftp to UNIX,Windows
- Attended the 3 amigos meeting and identified test scenarios based on user stories.
- Attended the daily stand ups and updated the status.
- Involved in the mentoring/training new QA staff and documenting the QA process.
- Actively participated in all Agile SDLC meetings and also organized Retrospective, Show and Tell meeting with Business and Product Owner.
- Provided testing point estimates in Agile environment and completed the work within tight deadlines of Iteration.
- Participated in the training sessions of Ruby and Sikuli
Environment:: Quality Center (9.2, 11.00), Oracle, Toad, Ruby mine 4.0.3, Cucumber, Ultra edit, WinSCP3
- Executed Acceptance test cases on Anavist for Fiz and Japanese versions and SFoW using Quality Center.
- Developed and executed the test cases and test scripts for new software products and changes/releases of existing software products and assigned initiatives.
- Performed the step by step tasks and activities defined by the assigned test script and/or procedure.
- Developed and documented the test cases and test scripts to establish the acceptance criteria and requirements.
- Managing defects, including: Attending to the periodic Defect Triage meetings, Entering and reporting defects discovered during QA activities.
- Executed and coordinated a vast variety of test cases for Regression, System and UAT testing cycles.
- Actively participated in product functionality review meetings.
- Performed test execution using automated tool Quick Test Professional.
- Enhanced the existing scripts for quality oriented results.
- Tracked defects and reporting to the management at regular intervals.
- Tracked the test results and managed the defects using Quality Center.
- Worked closely with offshore team in managing testing process for STNAnavist.
Environment:: Java, Windows, MSWord, MSExcel, Quality Center, QTP, IE, Firefox, Safari
- Involved in writing the test plans and testing the functionality for the web-based application.
- Written test cases for the application and verified with respect to the user requirement document.
- Reviewed manual testing methods and developed test cases for manual testing using Quality Center.
- Executed the test scripts to validate the actual results against the expected results by using Quick Test Professional.
- Testing of various kinds of interfaces depending on the application.
- Defects were tracked, reviewed, analyzed and managed using Quality Center.
Environment:: Windows, MSWord, MSExcel, Quality Center, QTP, IE, Netscape, Oracle
Confidential, Mahwah, NJ
- Involved in writing the test plans and written test cases for Profile & Contact management, Ticketing, Price Adjustments and trip profitability Modules
- Generated test scenarios based on business requirements
- Created scripts for all online testing and classified sections for Manual testing which includes Acceptance, Functional and Regression
- Executed the test scripts on different releases and validated the actual results against the expected results by using Quick Test Professional.
- Tested the functionality Page Navigation objects and created QTP Scripts for Regression and be used across the application.
- Wrote SQL queries/procedures to access the data from the database tables.
- Track test results for management, categorizing issues and creating/distributing defect reports and managing defect database using Quality Center.
Environment:: QTP, Quality Center, Windows 2000/XP, Oracle, SQL .
Confidential, NYC, NY
- Developed Test plan, Test Scenarios and Test Cases based on Business Requirements and Technical Documents
- Used Quality Center and Dev Track as bug-tracking tool to centralize bugs and also to follow up defect status.
- Involved in performing functional, integration, and system and regression tests.
- Interacted with Business teams & Developers to understand business requirements, functionality and bug fixes.
- Participated in status meetings to report issues. Communicated with developers through all phases of testing to prioritize bug resolution.
- Created and executed SQL queries to fetch data from an Oracle database to validate, compare expected results with those actually obtained.
- Performed Navigation testing and cross-browser testing with IE and Netscape to test the application behavior.
Environment: VB.Net, IE, Oracle, QTP, Quality Center, Netscape, Firefox
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Creating new FROI for the injured worker ( First Report Of Injury)
- Responsible for maintaining integrity of imaging system by performing quality checks on all imaged Documents
- Maintain files by documenting distribution and delivery
- Serve internal customers by retrieving, delivering and providing copies of files.
- Maintains security and confidentiality of records according to established policy and procedure.
- Commit to abide by Confidential mission, vision and values.
- Commit to know and practice Confidential policies, procedures, confidentiality practices and safety standards
- Prepared test plans according to Project Scope documents and Requirements documents.
- Developed test cases in Quality Center and created test validation sheets using Excel, according to the expected results.
- Used QMF and SPUFI for data verification in DB2 database.
- Involved in testing batch applications on MVS Platform using TSO/ISPF.
- Worked with developers to prepare the test data and identifying the test JCL changes in the QA environment
- Involved in Integration, System testing and End to end testing.
- Used Quality Center for Test Planning, Test execution, Defect reporting and tracking.
Environment: IBM Mainframe, TSO/ISPF, JCL, DB2, VSAM, File Aid, SQL, SPUFI, QMF, Quality Center