Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst with 12 years of experience in integration and system testing of custom software, project coordination, and business/data analysis, across a variety of industries. Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills, business acumen, judgment, communication skills, and teamwork
Operating Systems: Windows8, Windows7, WinXP, Mac OS X
Test Tools/Repository: HP Quality Center 11, MS Visual Studio/Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Automation Test Tools: Mercury WinRunner, Rational Performance Studio, Compuware QA Run
Languages: HTML/Java Scripting, Visual Basic, Java
Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
Quality Assurance Analyst
- Web testing of client web sites on conversion project, and upgrade of proprietary financial application for fund managers.
- Collaborated with developers, systems analysts, and content specialists.
- Functional testing, writing and tracking defects, regression testing.
Quality Assurance Analyst
- Data validation of equity ratings for Research Technology.
- Worked closely with Business Analyst, and QA test team in an Agile environment, Utilize Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) to access Agile sprints, user stories, and tasks; conduct SQL queries.
- Maintained test cases and conduct testing using HP Quality Center.
Software QA Engineer
- Conducted end - to-end testing with Aspire Portfolio Accounting and Portfolio Reporting application for major stock brokerage clients.
- Testing of new IRS regulatory products included Cost Basis Reporting System and Year End 1099, in addition to regression testing of portfolio accounting and reporting.
- Utilized UC4 to monitor batch processing, performed SQL queries on Sybase databases.
- Worked closely with product managers, operations analysts, developers, and QA team members including offshore team.
Quality Assurance Analyst
- Performed web-based and interface testing for custom-built electronic medical records applications.
- Tested multiple web browsers and worked with business analysts, developers, project managers and QA team members.
- Wrote test cases and tracked defects using HP Quality Center and StarTeam; performed regression testing.
- Tested interfaces to vendors’ records and billing software using HL7 records and worked with vendor Supported emergency break fixes to production
Quality Assurance Engineer
- contract 2009Performed web-based testing with financial applications for Markit clients.
- Tested multiple web browsers and worked with financial analysts, developers, designers, project managers and QA team members.
- Wrote and tracked defects using TeamTrack; performed regression testing.
- Performed web-based quality assurance and user acceptance testing on proprietary global money transfer software, Functional testing involved online money transfers to recipients around the world, to recipients’ bank accounts, and bill paying with credit, debit and prepaid cards, and database and business rule updates.
- Wrote test plans and test cases, reviewed test plans with project team, and utilized HP Quality Center.
- Worked closely with the business, business analysts, IT development both in-house and offshore, the IT deployment team and the Quality Assurance team to deliver timely products and fix software defects in Java environment.
- Supported the release of upgrades and enhancements to the online global money transfer application, new applications, and release of bundled defect fixes to production.
- Received awards from a business representative, project management, and a business analyst for accomplishing releases to production on schedule, as well as for diligent work and teamwork.
- Tested NASD-required ACATS financial transfer tracking, and posting with secure FTP: Tracking of investment fund transfers between funds, new purchases, redemptions, archive of transaction record.
- Performed basic SQL queries. Worked in an Agile/.Net team environment with two-week iterations and a daily stand-up.
- Wrote test cases in HP Quality Center from Use Cases, and conducted testing and regression testing for Healthcare portal function of electronic medical record (EMR) under development in .Net. Collaborated with business analysts and developers, and reported and tracked defects.
- Conducted systems and regression testing of a proprietary Java-based application that provided international sales force automation and access to databases.
- Used HP Quality Center for testing. Researched requirements, and reported and tracked defects.
- Reviewed and critiqued requirements for new projects.
Business Analyst/Project Coordinator
- Managed and reviewed the lockdown access to production servers with the client’s application developers, subject-matter and security experts, and management in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements.
- Managed four to six projects simultaneously.
- Conducted meetings, enforced deadlines, performed research and information gathering, and problem solved technical issues.
- Managed testing of the application and interfaces with other applications and tools. Provided weekly progress reports to management.
- Received recognition and award for achieving SOX objectives, on time and within budget
Software Test Engineer
- Wrote and executed test scripts for an Oracle R11i ERP customization, including quotes, orders, invoices, inventory, returned merchandise, warehouse, cost, pricing, taxes, and reports.
- Testing of returned merchandise authorization software ensured customers’ accounts were credited correctly for merchandise, discounts, and state taxes and according to customers’ contracts.
- Referenced requirements and technical specifications, consulted with developers and subject matter experts, and queried databases with Business Objects.