- Software Test Engineer with hands on experience in handling QA process, developing software testing procedures and implementation of test cycles. I’m seeking for a software testing opportunity to utilize my extensive & professional experience in the software testing industry.
- Over 5 years in the Quality Assurance/Software Testing industry.
- Deep Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Worked on various methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile and Scrum Processes.
- Creation & execution of manual & automated test scripts for Web Based, Client Server and Mobile Application Testing.
- Expert in Mobile Testing of leading - edge mobile applications on various OS on iOS, Android, and Windows platforms.
- Experienced in working with mobile native, Web and Hybrid Applications.
- Experienced in deciding and finalizing Test Requirements, creation of Test Cases, executing Test Cases and analyzing Test Results, report and track Defects.
- Experienced with Financial Domain, Retail, Insurance, and Online Service applications.
- Experienced in creating, enhancing and executing Test Strategy, Test Plan, test cases, and test scripts from Requirements documents.
- Advanced knowledge of HP automated testing tools Quick Test Professional (QTP) for Functional & Regression Testing.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of individuals (subject matter experts, system users, developers, support personnel)
- Experienced in Smoke Testing, Black Box Testing, Functional Testing, End-End testing, UI Testing, Database Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Browser Compatibility Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Expert knowledge of using Version One, Quality Center and JIRA for test management, bug tracking and reporting.
- Experienced in Data Validation and Data Manipulation by writing SQL queries.
- Expert in testing Web applications with comprehensive knowledge of Cross browsers IE, Chrome, & Firefox.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication; innate ability to build rapport with colleagues and management team to succeed in deadline-driven environments.
- A multi-task-oriented, intuitive team player that places high values upon detail and accurate adherence to high quality standards.
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8/Server 2003/2008, Mac Web Server IIS, Linux
MS Office: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint
LANGUAGES: VBScript, SQL
TOOLS: HP Quality Center, JIRA, BugZilla, HP Quick Test Professional (QTP), Rally, VMware, Virtual Box, Version One, Test Director, Eclipse, SharePoint, Mite
BROWSER & DATABASE: Oracle, MS SQL Server 2000, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, HTTP, FTP, Apache 2.0, Tomcat 4.0
MOBILE TECHNOLOGIES: See Test, Android (2.3- 4.4), iOS (5, 6, 7), Tablets, Windows, Mobile Perfecto
Sr. Mobile Tester
Confidential, Mt. Laurel, NJ
- Gathered and analyzed Business, Functional Requirements, System Specifications and Design documents.
- Participate in cross-training and knowledge transfer activities with project teams.
- Involved in creating Test Plan, Test Scenarios, and Test Cases for all the Sprints. Created test data to test application critical release requirements, enhancements and defects.
- Followed agile methodology and attended Scrum meetings.
- Tested Functionality for Checking & Saving account such as account balance, 30 to 90 days transaction history and pay bill online.
- Tested location based functionality in order to find the nearest Confidential using a zip code.
- Prepared RTM (requirement traceability matrix) and maintained the repository for all modifications and appropriate updating in test cases throughout the software testing life cycle.
- Interacted with developers and business analysts to resolve discrepancies between system specifications and user requirements - involved in the various Sprints.
- Performed compatibility testing on various platforms such as iOS & Android devices to ensure excellent user acceptance.
- Tested Fulton mobile Native app & Used SeeTest for automated the mobile testing and run the scripts for multiple devices with VBScript using QTP, and also perform manual testing according to the requirements.
- Setting the profile configuration such as email, defining Wi-Fi/ Mobile network settings 3G, 4G/LTE.
- Provided iOS and Android logs to developers in cases application crashes.
- Actively participated in enhancement meetings focused at making the application more reliable.
- Tested all the functionalities of the Enhancements. Worked hand in hand with developers to ensure deadlines for implementations were met for each cycle.
- Assigned proper Severity and Priority levels to defects identified during all phases f the testing.
Confidential, Washington, District of Columbia
- Involved in determining test strategies based on requirements, developing test plans and test cases and executing test cases.
- Executed test cases to compare the actual result with expected results in accordance with business, technical and functional specs of the applications
- Gather requirements from Business Analyst and analyze the requirements for testing prospective.
- Generate reports on daily and weekly basis for defect reports and execution status
- Performed functional and sanity testing manually for each new build of the application
- Participate in all the activities related to Agile development model
- Co-coordinated in reporting & tracking defects/bus and test management using Quality Center.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and flexibility to adapt in an ever changing business environment.
- Developed Manual Test Cases and Test Scripts to test the functionality of the application using HP Quickest Professional (QTP).
- Extensively involved in developing regression test scripts, creating output values, doing data driven Test for all the projects using QTP.
- Performed manual testing for Positive Testing, Negative Testing and Black Box Testing.
- Actively involved in meetings and reviews to discuss any changes and impacts of new functionalities that were added during the quality control life cycle.
- Tested search functionality in order to find the colleges & Universities.
- Tested functionality such as check grades, Journals posts, instructors post announcements, and attached file from Dropbox.
- Reading and Studying Project Related Documents and helping the Team with Production Support
- Leading the team with creating daily test reports for client and for app Mangers.
- Attending daily defect resolve meeting with Dev and BA. Developed, enhanced Test Plan and keeping it up to date.
- Execute Browser Compatibility Testing (IE, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari) of a Web based application for Desktop.
- Created Reverse KT Document and developed and collected Test Scenarios
- Supporting and coordinating onsite/offshore teams.
- Converted automation scripts from QA Wizard to QTP and enhanced the scripts.
- Created Data-driven scripts for QTP using Data Table and Excel Sheet for multiple iteration.
- Connected to database to Query the database using SQL for data verification and validation.
- Performed back end testing on Oracle database by writing and running SQL queries in SQL Developer and SQL Plus.
- Loaded data into the system and verified the correct data in the front end with the back end.
- Defining test criteria based on the analysis of business requirements, functional specification, Use Case, user stories, and other project related documents.
- Using Jira for defect reporting, tracking and retesting for the projects.
- Using Base Camp and performing end-to-end testing on the application and investigating production issues.
- Tested Caroline Mobile Native App.
- Participating in all phases of projects (SDLC) to ensure that inputs into testing process can be translated into a test plan and test cases.
- Communicating with offshore Dev Team to resolve issues and attending Demos and met with Client for User Acceptance and providing QA Signoff on the testing.
Confidential, West Chester, PA
- Created test plans and reviewed and updated all test cases in Excel and SharePoint, and managed the Requirements Traceability Metrics (RTM)
- Tested Confidential eCommerce mobile web application and verified all the functionality working from the Back Office.
- Verified all the major functionality working correctly on the application such as adding and removing item from the cart, checking out process, shipping methods, payment methods, and the confirmation email.
- Tested location based functionality in order to find the nearest Confidential store using a “Find my Location option” or by entering a zip code.
- Verified all the UI issues including all the images, links, text, Header & footers working correctly and report any issue to development team.
- Conducted peer review of test cases and provided feedback on areas of improvement
- Coordinated and carried out Black Box, Sanity, Functional, System and Regression and Ad hoc
- Attended requirement review meetings and provided suggestions on clarification of requirements based on SMART criterion.
- Performed software support as necessary in both production and testing environments
- Identified severity and priority of bugs, communicated to development team and helped minimize duplication of defects during testing cycle via Quality Center (QC).
- Maintained and published all test results, planned and managed UAT process by interacting with stakeholders, analyzing UAT defects and also acted as support for User Education Issues post Go-Live
- Loaded data into the system and verified the correct data in the front end with the back end.
- Worked with last minute requirement change and tested functionalities thoroughly to assure all requirements have met accordingly.
Confidential, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Analyze Functional Requirement and Business Requirement Documents to get a better understanding of the system on both functional and business perspectives.
- Involve in writing and implementing the Test plan, Test cases, Test Procedures, Test sets using Use cases and requirement specification document.
- Involved in regular project review meetings & Testing Status Meetings and sending Test Report to Project Manager and Project Team
- Tested Mortgage calculator for Confidential in order to get the fast quote or full quote.
- Tested Confidential web application on multiple browsers such as, IE, Chrome & Fire Fox.
- Verified all social network including, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Analyze the user requirements by interacting with system architect, developers, Business Analyst and Client.
- Involved in writing test plan and test cases to approach document and Estimation of new Test requirements and efforts
- Preparation of Test Management Reports and expertise in preparation of Regression Plan and Regression Summary Report
- Reviewing Test Cases and preparation of Review Report and Post and close Bugs for each phase into Defect tracking system.
- Participate in Walk through and Defect report meetings periodically with client.
- System testing and Sanity testing for the daily builds and the point builds for almost all models of phones.
- Coordinated with Offshore team and Onsite managers. Interacting with developers for the Bug Fixes and Problem resolution.
- Generated detailed daily test status reports using Test Director. Coordinated in meetings with Business, Project Managers, Technical Analysts and Developers.